• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Starts Work on Wall

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
...by finally firing illegals working for Trump Properties

Trump National Golf Club in N.Y. Fires Undocumented Workers, Lawyer Says

For eight years, it seemed to Margarita Cruz that the management at the Trump Organization’s golf club in Westchester, N.Y., did not notice — or did not care — that the green card and Social Security card she had used to get hired were fake, purchased in Queens for about $120.

Ms. Cruz and about a dozen other employees — housekeepers, landscapers and a head chef — at the club, Trump National Golf Club, were fired Jan. 18 because they were in the country illegally, according to interviews with Ms. Cruz and the former workers’ lawyer.

THey must not have looked very hard.

Serious question...

What CAN be done to help employers filter out illegal workers? I know from my experience in the restaurant business, its nigh impossible, unless you're willing to spend a lot of money per candidate doing back ground checks. All you need are two valid ID's. Drivers licence, birth cert, some states I think even accept student ID's.

Now I gotta tell you...SS cards, birth certs, student ID's? Easy as he'll to fake. I spent all of freshman year buying booze with a fake drivers licence.

I want to hold employers responsible...but they have to have an affordable, easy, accurate means of checking.

Serious question...

What CAN be done to help employers filter out illegal workers? I know from my experience in the restaurant business, its nigh impossible, unless you're willing to spend a lot of money per candidate doing back ground checks. All you need are two valid ID's. Drivers licence, birth cert, some states I think even accept student ID's.

Now I gotta tell you...SS cards, birth certs, student ID's? Easy as he'll to fake. I spent all of freshman year buying booze with a fake drivers licence.

I want to hold employers responsible...but they have to have an affordable, easy, accurate means of checking.

Maybe the background check should be free. And mandatory.

Serious question...

First of all, just like alcoholics, you need to want help.

I just heard that Trump was giving his undocumented workers fake green cards. I seriously doubt he would have been interested finding an accurate means of checking on their status. Until he was elected of course...

Serious question...

Do you use E-verify? My understanding from clients that use it, is they do a pretty good check. But it can take several weeks, if your prospective employee is not readily in the system.

First of all, just like alcoholics, you need to want help.

I just heard that Trump was giving his undocumented workers fake green cards. I seriously doubt he would have been interested finding an accurate means of checking on their status. Until he was elected of course...

Actually he was elected in 2016. It was only the exposure of his hiring of illegals that made him fire them.

Serious question...

There are ways of making IDs that are a hell of a lot harder to fake. They've been implementing them. For example, modern MA driver's licenses look vastly more complicated than ten, twenty years ago. They've got things like this semi-transparent holograms seemingly set between layers of plastic, all sorts of squiggly-line type designs that would be a royal pain to fake, a scannable bar code that also contains your information. Employ all those methods include a chip that can be scanned and there won't be as many fakes, while those that are around cost a lot more to have someone make up for you.

As long as there aren't any shenanigans during the rollout (heh), such as "accidentally" under-serving areas and over-serving others in a manner that would be one hell of a coincidence if the wasn't designed to target a certain political group. (There are some examples with roll-out of "voter ID"). As long as, say, someone who doesn't own a car and works two-full time jobs actually has a reasonably easy way to obtain one.

The fact that something might not be a perfect solution is not enough alone to dismiss it. The question is what is the probability of it helping vs. what are the costs/burdens of it.

Serious question...

E-Verify

E-Verify compares information from an employee's Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9 to data from U.S. government records. If the information matches, that employee is eligible to work in the United States. If there is a mismatch, E-Verify alerts the employer and the employee is allowed to work while he or she resolves the problem; they must contact the appropriate agency to resolve the mismatch within eight federal government work days from the referral date.[2] The program is operated by the DHS in partnership with the Social Security Administration. According to the DHS website, more than 600,000 employers used E-Verify as of 2016

This topic must be the latest twitter feed nonsense, I can’t imagine any other rational reason to post it, and then spin it.

A president who makes combating illegal aliens the cornerstone of his presidency hiring illegal aliens is not news to you?

Hmm...maybe that explains everything.

A president who makes combating illegal aliens the cornerstone of his presidency hiring illegal aliens is not news to you?

Hmm...maybe that explains everything.

I guess you missed the part in (your own link) that the women had fake documentation. So yes you agree, lets not only build physical barriers but electronic and tech walls.

Maybe the background check should be free. And mandatory.

At $19 per person for everify and a background check there is no need for more free. Its ****ing ridiculous.
Out of over 6000 background checks and everify that I have conducted in the last year alone, less than 1% takes longer than a few minutes.
Those that have taken longer were people with that were never prosecuted but entered as an arrest with no conclusion.

At $19 per person for everify and a background check there is no need for more free. Its ****ing ridiculous.
Out of over 6000 background checks and everify that I have conducted in the last year alone, less than 1% takes longer than a few minutes.
Those that have taken longer were people with that were never prosecuted but entered as an arrest with no conclusion.

Well, you couldn't justify the government making the check mandatory and then charging for it.
I can see how even $19 could deter a company from making the check. You'd want to make sure everyone you considered for a job was elegible before you wasted time on interviews, for example, and some jobs probably have dozens of applicants.

Is this right, then? The fed's charge 19 bucks?

If so, that's pretty crappy IMO.

Well, you couldn't justify the government making the check mandatory and then charging for it.
I can see how even $19 could deter a company from making the check. You'd want to make sure everyone you considered for a job was elegible before you wasted time on interviews, for example, and some jobs probably have dozens of applicants.
I find the bolded interesting.

I (very happily) blew-off being directly employed by corporations, years ago. But when I was a corporate employee, the protocol usually involved going through the interview process firstly, then doing BG, Credit, UA, only on the selected candidate(s). This was in the very large corporation environment (Fortune 500 & higher).

There are ways of making IDs that are a hell of a lot harder to fake. They've been implementing them. For example, modern MA driver's licenses look vastly more complicated than ten, twenty years ago. They've got things like this semi-transparent holograms seemingly set between layers of plastic, all sorts of squiggly-line type designs that would be a royal pain to fake, a scannable bar code that also contains your information. Employ all those methods include a chip that can be scanned and there won't be as many fakes, while those that are around cost a lot more to have someone make up for you.

Perhaps a card like a biometric passport. I know Ukraine implemented theirs in 2016 and is EU compatible. They contain digital fingerprint/facial recognition/iris scan data. Very difficult to forge.

Is this right, then? The fed's charge 19 bucks?

If so, that's pretty crappy IMO.

No the feds are free. However anyone knows sometimes it's best to pay to have better service so many companies use agents. I was talking about the whole thing a background check and everify costs $19 per person and is done in a few minutes. You can obtain both for free. But if you are processing large numbers the cost of both is negligible they an agent. In addition for some industries such as anything to do with kids or the elderly the agents have insurance to cover any errors.

I find the bolded interesting.

I (very happily) blew-off being directly employed by corporations, years ago. But when I was a corporate employee, the protocol usually involved going through the interview process firstly, then doing BG, Credit, UA, only on the selected candidate(s). This was in the very large corporation environment (Fortune 500 & higher).

No company that I know does background until you are chosen and accept. Maybe government or law enforcement but everything corporate I know of does it after an applicant is accepted kinda like a step 2 of the process.

No the feds are free. However anyone knows sometimes it's best to pay to have better service so many companies use agents. I was talking about the whole thing a background check and everify costs $19 per person and is done in a few minutes. You can obtain both for free. But if you are processing large numbers the cost of both is negligible they an agent. In addition for some industries such as anything to do with kids or the elderly the agents have insurance to cover any errors.
Alright thanks. I've never used E-Verify myself, but we have clients that do. I never heard them remark about a fee. The only negative I've heard, was it can sometimes take a few weeks for a final report if the prospective employee is not in the system.

No company that I know does background until you are chosen and accept. Maybe government or law enforcement but everything corporate I know of does it after an applicant is accepted kinda like a step 2 of the process.
Yeah, yours above has been my experience as well. But I do know of a large Fortune 100 multi-national that does the BG just prior to making an offer. It is in the last step of the process, after the interviews.

Thanks for taking the time here to keep me informed! :thumbs:

(BTW, I do not miss the corporate world at all!)

...by finally firing illegals working for Trump Properties

Trump National Golf Club in N.Y. Fires Undocumented Workers, Lawyer Says

THey must not have looked very hard.

It is impossible to take Trump or ANY Trump supporter seriously on illegal immigration if they're ignoring the fact that the Trump Organization repeatedly supplied illegal employees with fake green cards, and now only suddenly did an about face and acted like Captain Renault in the movie "Casablanca".
"I'm shocked, I tell you...SHOCKED!"

There are ways of making IDs that are a hell of a lot harder to fake.

RealID uses biometrics and encrypted data that is pretty much impossible to fake, and RealID is going national, but it is not mandatory yet for anything but air travel.

Interestingly, one of the barriers to adopting it for other security purposes has been the extreme right patriot movement, who started decrying RealID years ago when it was first proposed as another move by Big Brother.

Yup, many of the same people screeching the loudest right now were screeching loudly about not accepting RealID biometric encrypted ID cards and driver's licenses.

And yet, making RealID mandatory as a condition to vote, receive government services, obtain gainful employment, travel by air and train, and cross back and forth through the border, would be a huge step in the right direction towards dealing with illegal immigration.

This is why I cannot take any of these screeching hysterics seriously. They're only screeching because President Trump blew the dog whistle. And his dog whistle says that only a great big stupid wall, with HIS NAME ON IT OF COURSE, will solve the problem.

And you better believe he will demand his name goes up on it, too. Because in the end, that really is all he cares about.

Interestingly, one of the barriers to adopting it for other security purposes has been the extreme right patriot movement, who started decrying RealID years ago when it was first proposed as another move by Big Brother.

Yeah, RealID is right up there with chemtrails and Agenda 21 with CTers.

Alright thanks. I've never used E-Verify myself, but we have clients that do. I never heard them remark about a fee. The only negative I've heard, was it can sometimes take a few weeks for a final report if the prospective employee is not in the system.

Yeah, yours above has been my experience as well. But I do know of a large Fortune 100 multi-national that does the BG just prior to making an offer. It is in the last step of the process, after the interviews.

Thanks for taking the time here to keep me informed! :thumbs:

(BTW, I do not miss the corporate world at all!)

No worries just my experiences...and can't miss something I have never been a part of....lol
Met someone in an overnight stay in a Detroit airport during a snowstorm, since then I get a call to go into some of the worse places in the USofA...call it contract work. As an empty nester I go when I'm bored, my accounts are low or when our business doesn't need me.

MAGA morons successfully being conned into hating illegals by the guy who runs his business by hiring them has to be the funniest thing in the 2010’s.

Back
Top Bottom