• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump speech a fraudulent ruse to solicit donations

OscarLevant

Gadfly Extraordinaire
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
So Trump got all the media stations to run his speech which is an old campaign speech which he used to be the engine for a massive email campaign asking for donations to his " Secure The Border Fund" but the fine print in the email reveals that the money will go to his election campaign fund.

So please explain to me how what he did was not a crime?

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/424356-trump-fundraising-on-national-address-on-border

Trump in an email Tuesday afternoon asked supporters to donate to his "Official Secure the Border Fund" through the*Trump Make America Great Again Committee, a joint fundraising committee for the Trump campaign and the Republican National Committee.

So Trump got all the media stations to run his speech which is an old campaign speech which he used to be the engine for a massive email campaign asking for donations to his " Secure The Border Fund" but the fine print in the email reveals that the money will go to his election campaign fund.

You first. What crime do you imagine was committed?

Trump did an excellent job of educating people about the serious nature of
the problems at our southern border. I truly hope that he was able to raise lots
of money for his 2020 reelection campaign.

Trump will likely win reelection in 2020
Assuming Donald Trump runs for reelection, he is the favorite to win — despite recent polls. Even the bookmakers are currently in agreement.

the problems at our southern border. I truly hope that he was able to raise lots

Assuming Donald Trump runs for reelection, he is the favorite to win — despite recent polls. Even the bookmakers are currently in agreement.

Do you think many people who were solicited believe their contributions would go to funding the wall?

You first. What crime do you imagine was committed?

A criminal waste of everyone's time? He said less than he does during a particularily athletic 3 am crap with his phone in his hand.
Any idea why he would ask for prime-time air for that nothing burger?

Only one problem with that.

When was the last time McTrump spoke without lying?

The man has no creds, he has lied about everything from then size of his little hands, to how women adore him, to claiming more bull**** than ten other presidents put together.

He can explain, educate, enlighten and preach all he wants, but no one but his hard core fans believe a ****ing word he says.

4,000 terrorists stopped at the border? False.

The southern border is a "pipeline for crime". Nope, totally false.

The man is so ****ing corrupt he's got you all fooled. NOBODY sneaks into the US across the Mexican border, the vast MAJORITY of illegals are from people over staying their visas. The way to fix it is to hire more federal employees to track those expired visas. (I have a colleague who worked legally in the US till around 2007. To this day he gets IRS forms mailed to him in CANADA!)

So there isn't even a real problem...it's, like everything else in Trumpland, all is his head.

It's amazing how easy it is to fool you people.

Care to make it interesting? Because I see no way, short of suspending the 2020 elections over some imagined crisis, he wins another term.

Care to make it interesting? Because I see no way, short of suspending the 2020 elections over some imagined crisis, he wins another term.

Out of curiosity, did you see anyway for him to win the first term back in 2016?

Out of curiosity, did you see anyway for him to win the first term back in 2016?

Actually, I did. But he had one distinct advantage then -- he hadn't been president yet.

Only one problem with that.

When was the last time McTrump spoke without lying?

The man has no creds, he has lied about everything from then size of his little hands, to how women adore him, to claiming more bull**** than ten other presidents put together.

He can explain, educate, enlighten and preach all he wants, but no one but his hard core fans believe a ****ing word he says.

4,000 terrorists stopped at the border? False.

The southern border is a "pipeline for crime". Nope, totally false.

The man is so ****ing corrupt he's got you all fooled. NOBODY sneaks into the US across the Mexican border, the vast MAJORITY of illegals are from people over staying their visas. The way to fix it is to hire more federal employees to track those expired visas. (I have a colleague who worked legally in the US till around 2007. To this day he gets IRS forms mailed to him in CANADA!)

So there isn't even a real problem...it's, like everything else in Trumpland, all is his head.

It's amazing how easy it is to fool you people.

Clearly you didn’t watch the speech, and instead proceeded with the preprogrammed talking points, nobody cares about your friends mail, it doesn’t relate to anything Trump said

I can pretty much guarantee that's some sort of fraud.

You mean donating to a fund that’s been disclosed to you in writing that it’s Trumps re-election fund and you donate going “well this must not be Trumps re-election fund”

Try suing for fraud with those facts and see how it works

That would depend exactly when in the campaign the question was asked. The Nov 2016 polls showed Trump and Clinton within a few points of each other. The margin of error in most polls is 3%, therefore the majority of Nov 2016 polls were correct. Now Trump supporters claim the polls were wrong, which is incorrect. If the Dems turnout in 2020 in the same numbers as 2018 then Trump is in jeapordy. Much will depend on who the Dem nominee is in 2020. What should concern the GOP in 2020 are the number of Senate seats up for re-election. They will have twice as many as the Dems. It will not be a cake walk like 2018.

Fraud maybe? I really don't know any lawyers out there want to chime in?

How is it fraud? Did he, or did he not say, what the donation will be used for? There you go, no fraud.

How is it fraud? Did he, or did he not say, what the donation will be used for? There you go, no fraud.

Fraud in the letter, said it was for secure the Border fund but in the fine print it said it was for the campaign reelection committee. Technically legal but it is deceitful

Easy because

Technically legal but it is deceitful

So you started a thread asking why what Trump did wasn't a crime when you already knew what Trump did wasn't a crime to begin with. I hate the term Trump Derangement Syndrome but knowing Trump didn't commit a crime while starting a are thread implying that Trump did is a good example of TDS

Technically legal has another name.

LEGAL.

Yes Republicans are masters of being legally deceitful.

But he burned the networks and the next time he wants to address the public, don't be surprised if they refuse to air it. It's the old Cry Wolf syndrome

Easy because

So you started a thread asking why what Trump did wasn't a crime when you already knew what Trump did wasn't a crime to begin with. I hate the term Trump Derangement Syndrome but knowing Trump didn't commit a crime while starting a are thread implying that Trump did is a good example of TDS

No I wasn't sure that's why I put the question maybe some lawyers on this forum would chime in. Even when I claimed it was legal I wasn't sure if it was legal.

One thing it is is deceitful. The networks were burned and don't be surprised if they're not anxious to air his next public addressed

Actually, I did. But he had one distinct advantage then -- he hadn't been president yet.

Doesn't the incumbent normally have the advantage going into an election?

Back
Top Bottom