• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Spars with Macron as Air Force One Lands in France

Trump and Melania landed in France. Pretty much as soon as the plane landed, Trump and Macron began sparring with each other. Remember, this is Macron...you know, the guy that Trump admired, had a great friendship with, envied his big military parade in Paris and wanted to do one better in Washington. I saw this tweet then searched for some news about it and found several articles, this one from CNN, Maybe now people will believe it when we've said that Trump was destroying our relationships with our European allies? Macron actually wants to organize themselves in order to be able to defend Europe against the UNITED STATES!! They have the US in the same category as Russia and China as their foes. This is SICK

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/09/politics/emmanuel-macron-donald-trump-military-nato/index.html

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump picked a fight with French President Emmanuel Macron over European defense just as Air Force One landed in France on Friday.
"President Macron of France has just suggested that Europe build its own military in order to protect itself from the U.S., China and Russia. Very insulting, but perhaps Europe should first pay its fair share of NATO, which the U.S. subsidizes greatly," Trump tweeted minutes after landing in France. He is set to spend the weekend in Paris to commemorate the centennial of the end of World War I.
Tuesday on Europe 1 radio, Macron called for a "real European army" within the European Union, according to AFP.
"We have to protect ourselves with respect to China, Russia and even the United States of America," Macron said.

Macron also suggested that since the start of Trump's presidency, the US has been seen as a less reliable ally.
"When I see President Trump announcing that he's quitting a major disarmament treaty which was formed after the 1980s euro-missile crisis that hit Europe, who is the main victim? Europe and its security," he said.
Macron has been advocating a similar position for months.
A senior French official said Friday night that Trump took Macron's words out "out of context."
According to the official, Macron will likely want to respond to Trump's tweet directly himself, and likely Saturday.
The official, though, clarified the language Macron used, saying that the French leader did not mean he wanted a European army but better coordination and funding of Europe's already-existing resources.
The official said that Macron was conveying that Europe should organize better to protect itself. There is already a European defense project, and Macron would like to see more capability, the official said.
"Not a European army. He did not mean Europe should form an army," the official said. "And this is all complementary to NATO, not separate from it."

6cc28115-76c0-4ee1-8eef-d9973a722892.png
CNN has as much credibility as infowars

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk

Maybe now people will believe it when we've said that Trump was destroying our relationships with our European allies? Macron actually wants to organize themselves in order to be able to defend Europe against the UNITED STATES!! They have the US in the same category as Russia and China as their foes. This is SICK

Which world leader has the most to gain or desire to see the breakup or damaged relationships between America and her Allies? Makes one wonder what was discussed and planned when Trump had his meeting with his boss in Helsinki. Nothing would please Putin more than to see the U.S isolated.

Of course sane leaders with their nations' interests in mind know they need to defend their countries against Trump.

And of course the snowflake-in-chief feels he's entitled to insult the rest of the western world whenever he has the whim but how dare anyone say anything he doesn't like.

"Snowflake-in-Chief?"

That's a good one.

Trump and Melania landed in France. Pretty much as soon as the plane landed, Trump and Macron began sparring with each other. Remember, this is Macron...you know, the guy that Trump admired, had a great friendship with, envied his big military parade in Paris and wanted to do one better in Washington. I saw this tweet then searched for some news about it and found several articles, this one from CNN, Maybe now people will believe it when we've said that Trump was destroying our relationships with our European allies? Macron actually wants to organize themselves in order to be able to defend Europe against the UNITED STATES!! They have the US in the same category as Russia and China as their foes. This is SICK

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/09/politics/emmanuel-macron-donald-trump-military-nato/index.html

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump picked a fight with French President Emmanuel Macron over European defense just as Air Force One landed in France on Friday.
"President Macron of France has just suggested that Europe build its own military in order to protect itself from the U.S., China and Russia. Very insulting, but perhaps Europe should first pay its fair share of NATO, which the U.S. subsidizes greatly," Trump tweeted minutes after landing in France. He is set to spend the weekend in Paris to commemorate the centennial of the end of World War I.
Tuesday on Europe 1 radio, Macron called for a "real European army" within the European Union, according to AFP.
"We have to protect ourselves with respect to China, Russia and even the United States of America," Macron said.
:roll:

Lol. Macron is simply using Trump - grandstanding for political self-interest! He's desperate!

French President Macron's Approval Rating Drops Even Further Despite Cabinet Reshuffle

10/31/18

Only 26 percent of French now support the 40-year-old leader, down four more percentage points from last month, according to the poll published Wednesday and conducted by Kantar Public.

Conversely, 71 percent of those surveyed said they have no confidence in the president’s ability to manage the country.
https://www.newsweek.com/french-pre...drops-even-further-despite-cabinet-re-1195688

His call for a "real European army," to protect itself from the USA :roll:......... sounds too juvenile.
He looks like grasping at every straw now......like a drowning man.

Last edited:

Macron also suggested that since the start of Trump's presidency, the US has been seen as a less reliable ally.
"When I see President Trump announcing that he's quitting a major disarmament treaty which was formed after the 1980s euro-missile crisis that hit Europe, who is the main victim? Europe and its security," he said.
A senior French official said Friday night that Trump took Macron's words out "out of context."
According to the official, Macron will likely want to respond to Trump's tweet directly himself, and likely Saturday.
The official, though, clarified the language Macron used, saying that the French leader did not mean he wanted a European army but better coordination and funding of Europe's already-existing resources.
The official said that Macron was conveying that Europe should organize better to protect itself. There is already a European defense project, and Macron would like to see more capability, the official said.
"Not a European army. He did not mean Europe should form an army," the official said. "And this is all complementary to NATO, not separate from it."

You are so obsessed with Trump hate that you are incapable of seeing what a stupid comment Macron made.

Thank goodness we have a non wimpy leader who stands up for his country instead of apologizes.

I think you are confusing the coward who evaded military service at a time when McCain was a POW, for a non-wimpy leader. The grown man throws a public temper tantrum on an almost daily basis.

Trump doesn't know how to stand up for the country and he certainly doesn't understand his own "America First" slogan. If he did, he would not have spent the last two years systematically removing American influence from virtually every region on earth and giving our enemies space to maneuver and take over...

- He was the one who declared NATO obsolete, despite the NATO operation in Afghanistan.
- He is why the Japanese have recently turned to China.
- He is why Iran looks to Western Europe, Russia, and China as they all look for ways around U.S. obtuseness.
- He is why Muslim government and Islamist anger unnecessarily increased in the Middle East over Jerusalem.
- He, and his obliteration of the TPP deal, is why Australia in investing heavily into the Pacific to block China.
- He is why Russia increased its pipeline diplomacy into Eastern and Western Europe while Trump tabled TTIP for over a year.
- He is the reason China's Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank has managed to inject massive influence across Asia, the Middle East, and Africa.
- He is why the U.S. has largely abdicated regional leadership in Latin and South America, leaving unaddressed escalation in migration and corruption to create ignored problems.

So, that's the Middle East, Western Europe, Asia, and South America. Regions where our allies have been smacked in the face and our enemies emboldened just so that Trump can play the asshole for his loyalists. For a bunch of anti-globalists, you all sure are cheering loudly for an empowered and closer working globe without the U.S. But don't worry, he's dealing with the price of milk against our mortal enemies in Canada. Along the way, he has verbally validated dictators and tried to ease their poor reputations to the world. He is literally a walking contradiction to his own 2017 National Security Strategy. <----Shall I summarize? And give it time. I'm sure he will manage to **** up the Penguins in Antarctica too. Oh wait...that would fall into the Global Warming issue, in which he first described as a liberal hoax before he graduated his ignorance to arguing it as a Chinese hoax.

The only thing "strong" about Donald Trump is his stubborn foolishness and his personal obsession with armoring his own frail ego and self-delusions f himself. This is why he can emerge from talks with Kim Jung-un and arbitrarily announce to the world that he just saved us from nuclear war even as Kim continues his missile program with laughter. How sad that this is what you call a "leader."

Last edited:
CNN has as much credibility as infowars

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-rips-macron-after-landing-in-france-over-insulting-call-for-european-army
Fox News
8:25 AM

President Trump touched down in France on Friday and immediately took a shot at President Emmanuel Macron for his recent call for a "European army," calling the idea "very insulting" and renewing pressure on the country to contribute more to NATO.

"President Macron of France has just suggested that Europe build its own military in order to protect itself from the U.S., China and Russia," Trump tweeted. "Very insulting, but perhaps Europe should first pay its fair share of NATO, which the U.S. subsidizes greatly!"

Trump was reacting to remarks Macron made earlier this week when he said Europe was “the main victim” of Trump’s decision to withdraw from the 1987 Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty with Russia.

“We will not protect the Europeans unless we decide to have a true European army,” Macron said, according to The Wall Street Journal. He also grouped in the U.S. with the countries from which France needed protecting.

“We have to protect ourselves with respect to China, Russia and even the United States of America,” he said on French radio.

Trump is in France to mark the 100th anniversary of the end of World War I, where he will join fellow world leaders and have a one-on-one meeting with Macron -- who is facing political turmoil at home and as a result may take a tougher stance toward the president than previous meetings.

Macron met with Trump on American soil in April, in a meeting filled with public hand-holding, smiles and affection. Macron, who called Trump “cher Donald” (“Dear Donald”) engaged in an awkward fist-bump with, before being the recipient of a kiss from, the U.S. president.

“We have to make him perfect,” Trump said later, after brushing "dandruff" off the dashing centrist’s shoulder. “He is perfect.”

TRUMP, MACRON SHARE ANOTHER AWKWARD HANDSHAKE

Trump is a disgrace...he just cancelled a visit to an US military cemetery because it rained too much... and yet other Trump people had no problems getting there...

Sendt fra min SM-N9005 med Tapatalk

I think you are confusing the coward who evaded military service at a time when McCain was a POW, for a non-wimpy leader. The grown man throws a public temper tantrum on an almost daily basis.

Trump doesn't know how to stand up for the country and he certainly doesn't understand his own "America First" slogan. If he did, he would not have spent the last two years systematically removing American influence from virtually every region on earth and giving our enemies space to maneuver and take over...

- He was the one who declared NATO obsolete, despite the NATO operation in Afghanistan.
- He is why the Japanese have recently turned to China.
- He is why Iran looks to Western Europe, Russia, and China as they all look for ways around U.S. obtuseness.
- He is why Muslim government and Islamist anger unnecessarily increased in the Middle East over Jerusalem.
- He, and his obliteration of the TPP deal, is why Australia in investing heavily into the Pacific to block China.
- He is why Russia increased its pipeline diplomacy into Eastern and Western Europe while Trump tabled TTIP for over a year.
- He is the reason China's Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank has managed to inject massive influence across Asia, the Middle East, and Africa.
- He is why the U.S. has largely abdicated regional leadership in Latin and South America, leaving unaddressed escalation in migration and corruption to create ignored problems.

So, that's the Middle East, Western Europe, Asia, and South America. Regions where our allies have been smacked in the face and our enemies emboldened just so that Trump can play the asshole for his loyalists. For a bunch of anti-globalists, you all sure are cheering loudly for an empowered and closer working globe without the U.S. But don't worry, he's dealing with the price of milk against our mortal enemies in Canada. Along the way, he has verbally validated dictators and tried to ease their poor reputations to the world. He is literally a walking contradiction to his own 2017 National Security Strategy. <----Shall I summarize? And give it time. I'm sure he will manage to **** up the Penguins in Antarctica too. Oh wait...that would fall into the Global Warming issue, in which he first described as a liberal hoax before he graduated his ignorance to arguing it as a Chinese hoax.

The only thing "strong" about Donald Trump is his stubborn foolishness and his personal obsession with armoring his own frail ego and self-delusions f himself. This is why he can emerge from talks with Kim Jung-un and arbitrarily announce to the world that he just saved us from nuclear war even as Kim continues his missile program with laughter. How sad that this is what you call a "leader."

You think Trump is the reason Radical Islamist's hate us?

Do you believe everything you see on the news?

Rehashing talking points doesn't impress me.

These statements are an absolute insult to the thousands of Americans that died Liberating his country
twice in the last century.
Only to the low intellect morons who can not understand what the imbecile Trump is doing.

In the next state visit, Trump should verbally slap him around a bit like he did that boob Acosta
Right, after all being a total asshole has to be supported by some people.

You are so obsessed with Trump hate that you are incapable of seeing what a stupid comment Macron made.
Even if that was so and it was not, Trump being the supreme moron had to out do that?

Trump is a disgrace...he just cancelled a visit to an US military cemetery because it rained too much... and yet other Trump people had no problems getting there...

You sound like a little kid who is ratting on his friend. Get the facts straight before you make your posts. The trip was cancelled for "logistical and scheduling" reasons. There is no mention it was cancelled because of rain.

FAKE NEWS!!

I think you might have misunderstood. Trump is over there collecting delinquent payments the EU owes us for protecting its weakling member nations.

You sound like a little kid who is ratting on his friend. Get the facts straight before you make your posts. The trip was cancelled for "logistical and scheduling" reasons. There is no mention it was cancelled because of rain.
Why don't you share the source of that information?

Even if that was so and it was not, Trump being the supreme moron had to out do that?

I think you might benefit from a little history lesson refresher:

Obama.jpg

Why don't you share the source of that information?

You don't think PeteEU should share the source of his information?

Take a step back from the darkness you are in and you will see a whole different world.

I find this Twitter aspect of diplomacy really odd. Mainly because of its posturing aspect which I find juvenile; kind of like the smack talk before a wrestling match. As for France and other European nations, I think the sentiment of being more self sufficient in regards to self defense is prudent because you never want to depend on another nation for something this essential. What I find interesting are those who paint the US funding of NATO is some kind of charity; nothing's for free, and it's been in the US's interest to have a containment method for the USSR and now Russia.

Macron, meet the President of the United States, Donald Trump. He does not care what European leaders think if their thoughts tend toward foolishness.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-rips-macron-after-landing-in-france-over-insulting-call-for-european-army
Fox News
8:25 AM

President Trump touched down in France on Friday and immediately took a shot at President Emmanuel Macron for his recent call for a "European army," calling the idea "very insulting" and renewing pressure on the country to contribute more to NATO.

"President Macron of France has just suggested that Europe build its own military in order to protect itself from the U.S., China and Russia," Trump tweeted. "Very insulting, but perhaps Europe should first pay its fair share of NATO, which the U.S. subsidizes greatly!"

Trump was reacting to remarks Macron made earlier this week when he said Europe was “the main victim” of Trump’s decision to withdraw from the 1987 Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty with Russia.

“We will not protect the Europeans unless we decide to have a true European army,” Macron said, according to The Wall Street Journal. He also grouped in the U.S. with the countries from which France needed protecting.

“We have to protect ourselves with respect to China, Russia and even the United States of America,” he said on French radio.

Trump is in France to mark the 100th anniversary of the end of World War I, where he will join fellow world leaders and have a one-on-one meeting with Macron -- who is facing political turmoil at home and as a result may take a tougher stance toward the president than previous meetings.

Macron met with Trump on American soil in April, in a meeting filled with public hand-holding, smiles and affection. Macron, who called Trump “cher Donald” (“Dear Donald”) engaged in an awkward fist-bump with, before being the recipient of a kiss from, the U.S. president.

“We have to make him perfect,” Trump said later, after brushing "dandruff" off the dashing centrist’s shoulder. “He is perfect.”

TRUMP, MACRON SHARE ANOTHER AWKWARD HANDSHAKE
So what's your point, that there's tension between trump and macron?

Macron, meet the President of the United States, Donald Trump. He does not care what European leaders think if their thoughts tend toward foolishness.

Why are we so concerned about what the Europeans think of us anyway? Europe is going downhill fast.

You don't think PeteEU should share the source of his information?
I was not replying to him. Ask him if you wish.

Take a step back from the darkness you are in and you will see a whole different world.
I have seen what ignorance, low education and willful stupidity does. I have no desire for more.

Back
Top Bottom