• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump signs three more executive actions

RenoCon

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
The headline we will never see in the MSM.

"Trump also signed an executive order Saturday banning administration officials who leave government from lobbying those federal agencies for five years, fulfilling a campaign pledge. Former President Barack Obama

had signed his own executive order barring political appointees from lobbying former coworkers for two years.

Trump's order also includes a lifetime ban on administration officials working on behalf of a foreign government or political party."

Trump signs three more executive actions | TheHill

Perhaps the libs and their MSM collaborators are so dependent on lobbying they don't think this is a good thing?

Re: Liberals Praise Trump on Executive Order Banning Lobbying.

John Boehner is going to be pissed.

Can't imagine how this didn't rise to the top of the news heap above the Muslim ban and the Holocaust denial. Busy weekend!

Can't imagine how this didn't rise to the top of the news heap above the Muslim ban and the Holocaust denial. Busy weekend!

Trump's a workaholic.....

Well the first one doesn't exist and the second one is new. It's interesting that in your quest to be sarcastic you've highlighted the problem with the fake news propogated by the MSM.

That sounds to me to be a good EO. Incomplete but at least a start.

If Trump is really, honestly, sincerely, truthfully going to drain the swamp he needs to hunker down and do the grunt work. Trump needs to ban dark money in American politics and establish full financial accountability in election funding. Don't hold your breath. It won't happen. Trump is not really that committed to swamp draining.

What Holocaust denial?

Trump's a workaholic.....

I don't remember where, but i read somewhere during the primaries that he slept only 3 hours a day.

What Holocaust denial?

The one Jewish Republicans are upset about.

Did you see where out governor came down against trump's Muslim ban ?

I don't remember where, but i read somewhere during the primaries that he slept only 3 hours a day.

Sounds like an alternative fact from breitbart's Bannon .

The one Jewish Republicans are upset about.

Ah yes. The statement that's being nitpicked.

That wasn't Holocaust denial, NIMBY.

Sounds like an alternative fact from breitbart's Bannon .

It was a selective misquote and omission. What was reported was that Trump sleeps three hours a day, usually during critical meetings, security briefings and during FoxNews commercial breaks. ;)

Ah yes. The statement that's being nitpicked.

That wasn't Holocaust denial, NIMBY.

Take it up with the Jewish Republicans, dude.

You can't afford to lose these votes and DEMs didn't start this one either.

When do you think trumposters will start to own his unforced errors ?

And he once scored a 16 in a round of golf!

And has no butthole!

John Boehner is going to be pissed.

Dude will be dead from lung cancer before he can enjoy his reward.

Perhaps the libs and their MSM collaborators are so dependent on lobbying they don't think this is a good thing?

It's really just a waste of ink. Prior administrations have tried to close the so-called "revolving door," but those determined to make their fortunes in lobbying always find a loophole. It will be no different here.

It's really just a waste of ink. Prior administrations have tried to close the so-called "revolving door," but those determined to make their fortunes in lobbying always find a loophole. It will be no different here.

They just create the loophole...by lobbying for it :)

The headline we will never see in the MSM.

"Trump also signed an executive order Saturday banning administration officials who leave government from lobbying those federal agencies for five years, fulfilling a campaign pledge. Former President Barack Obama

had signed his own executive order barring political appointees from lobbying former coworkers for two years.

Trump's order also includes a lifetime ban on administration officials working on behalf of a foreign government or political party."

Trump signs three more executive actions | TheHill

Neato. Sure there's ways around it. Lobbying in this country is out of control On both sides of the aisle. This shouldn't be a partisan thing. I'm as concerned about Soros and Bloomberg as I am about the Koch bros. There's no way Trump actually cares about fixing our democracy. Trump is owned by Big Oil and Wall St. Just look at his cabinet. If he really cared he would've campaigned with a message that included overturning citizen's united and condemning the special interests that pour big money into our political process, subverting democracy. Instead he put them in his cabinet.

Neato. Sure there's ways around it. Lobbying in this country is out of control On both sides of the aisle. This shouldn't be a partisan thing. I'm as concerned about Soros and Bloomberg as I am about the Koch bros. There's no way Trump actually cares about fixing our democracy. Trump is owned by Big Oil and Wall St. Just look at his cabinet. If he really cared he would've campaigned with a message that included overturning citizen's united and condemning the special interests that pour big money into our political process, subverting democracy. Instead he put them in his cabinet.

The big green lobby, too?

The big green lobby, too?

I'd guess the big green lobby detests Trump.

I have always felt the five year ban on becoming a lobbyist after working in government is one of those, "doesn't cost us anything, but shuts them up and makes us look good moves" Most of these people will eventually get to lobby or they will use agents to represent themselves and their connections.

I mean does anyone think this move is going to do anything at all to curb special interests? All it does is let Trump look like he's something he's not. I bet it was his lobbyists idea...

Back
Top Bottom