• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump signs executive order to stop family separations at border

digsbe

Truth will set you free
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
President Trump on Wednesday signed an executive order to allow children to stay with parents caught crossing the border illegally -- moving to stop the family separations that have triggered a national outcry and political crisis for Republicans.

The measure would allow children to stay in detention with parents for an extended period of time. This comes as congressional Republicans scramble to draft legislation to address the same issue, but face challenges mustering the votes.

In signing the measure, Trump said he wants to keep families together while also enforcing border security. He vowed his administration's "zero tolerance" policy for illegal immigration would continue.

Trump, previewing the measure earlier in the day during a meeting with lawmakers, said the move would "be matched by legislation." He also said he's canceling the upcoming congressional picnic, adding: "It didn't feel exactly right to me."

Trump signs executive order to stop family separations at border | Fox News

There is now an executive order signed by the president to stop separating children from their illegal alien parents when detained for unlawfully crossing the US border. It appears congress is also to act on this as well.

Well this'll piss the Anti-Trumpets off. They won't have this to bitch about anymore.

Guess they'll have to go back to pulling stuff out of their asses.

A family that serves time together strengthens family values - lock them all up.

Anything else they would like Trump to fix from our past presidential administrations poor decisions.

But I thought he was powerless! Oh wait he was lying.

Nope, we went over that point back when Obama created DACA/DAPA which he had previously claimed was not possible without congressional action. Times change - for proof of that simply observe any working clock.

This is one big Cluster. Just the other day Trump was saying that only congress could fix the problem.

This is all going to come back to Jeff Sessions and Trump will probably be able to get rid of him.

Well this'll piss the Anti-Trumpets off. They won't have this to bitch about anymore.

Guess they'll have to go back to pulling stuff out of their asses.

No, they will find a way to bitch about this too more than likely. This was never truly about the kids for some people, it was all about how anything can be used to attack Trump.

He had to resort to an executive order, something he heavily criticized Obama for. I'll bet he's pissed at himself.

He has already gotten over it using his magical power to flit from one position to another - faster than a gnat on crack.

No, they will find a way to bitch about this too more than likely. This was never truly about the kids for some people, it was all about how anything can be used to attack Trump.

One has to wonder where the outrage is over parents that separate their own kids from the family to send them here alone.

Considering the fact that this policy was implemented recently, it is all on Trump.

This is one big Cluster. Just the other day Trump was saying that only congress could fix the problem.

This is all going to come back to Jeff Sessions and Trump will probably be able to get rid of him.

Ultimately, isn't Congress the only way to fix the problem? They are the lawmakers.

Trump signs executive order to stop family separations at border | Fox News

There is now an executive order signed by the president to stop separating children from their illegal alien parents when detained for unlawfully crossing the US border. It appears congress is also to act on this as well.
Lol at the bias media's rendition. It's a crisis for just the Republicans huh. Got it. Democrats have clean hands on our border issues, lmao

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

He had to resort to an executive order, something he heavily criticized Obama for. I'll bet he's pissed at himself.
I bet he did not like doing it the way he did one bit. That I believe.

Guess the nightly news will have to go back to the Russian investigation or the catch all obstruction.
No you are right they will bitch about this a bit more.

This falls on the judge in the Flores case

So the dems are going to sue so they can kidnap the kids? ;)

There is a standing court order that limits the time the INS Border Patrol may keep the children. I presume the judge is going to enforce it.

Back
Top Bottom