• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump signs executive order to stop family separations at border

DgKHjrSW4AA7ENU.jpg

What is with the typos and this administration?

Okay well... if we’re going to have a conversation about “who cares about the kids” and who doesn’t.

Who began this situation and then backed up the person who did it?

Trump and Trump supporters.

While playing political football with kids is bad... What was perpetrated against these families was infinitely worst.

And while Trump backing down has killed the raging erections extremist conservatives got from this policy of treating these people as harshly as possible, I find it a little odd for Trump supporters to whip round and start tut tutting at Liberals for having anything to say about it even though this became quite a bipartisan issue.

It’s as simple as saying if you don’t want your political opposition to use something so utterly indefensible against you as ripping children by the thousand away from their parents... first of all don’t elect leaders that would do it and second don’t defend them when they do.
Digsbe now supports torture because he believes "evil" is an objective qualifier and not a subjective one.

When you go down that road, saying that people are 'bitching' because human beings of all ages are being put in bird cages isn't that much of a stretch.

It's what he believes Jesus would approve of... How else would a Christian fundamentalist like him approve of this? Just look at Sessions and all of the other so called Christians supporting this insanity.

Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.

No, they will find a way to bitch about this too more than likely. This was never truly about the kids for some people, it was all about how anything can be used to attack Trump.

You really should take a hard look at this, set aside politics, look at all the issues involved.

Okay well... if we’re going to have a conversation about “who cares about the kids” and who doesn’t.

While playing political football with kids is bad... What was perpetrated against these families was infinitely worst.

And while Trump backing down has killed the raging erections extremist conservatives got from this policy of treating these people as harshly as possible, I find it a little odd for Trump supporters to whip round and start tut tutting at Liberals for having anything to say about it even though this became quite a bipartisan issue.

It’s as simple as saying if you don’t want your political opposition to use something so utterly indefensible against you as ripping children by the thousand away from their parents... first of all don’t elect leaders that would do it and second don’t defend them when they do.

This post is in need of some corrections.

For one, the situation came about due to the Trump administration having a zero tolerance policy for illegal border crossing and enforcing the laws on the books prior to his presidency: which included the separation of kids from parents who crossed illegally under certain circumstances.

For two, it appears you cast the illegal immigrants as blameless victims when in fact they are the guilty party for crossing into the United States illegally. I don't think separating kids from parents is the best course of action for people that are guilty of violating US immigration laws, but like nearly every other country they should be detained, charged, and punished if convicted for violating our laws. The real victims are the American people who are the victims of mass illegal immigration causing harm to our country and national coffers. These families are neither victims nor blameless.

Lastly, putting Americans first and having a zero tolerance policy after decades of lax immigration enforcement is not indefensible.

Um, well, yeah, that's pretty much what everyone in the world saw.

Trump, via Sessions, did it. His administration, and he himself, kept saying it was right, and Biblical, and moral, and all that. Trump kept saying only Congress could fix it. Trump kept saying this was a Democratic law.

And the citizens of Trump Fan Nation spent the last few days doubling and tripling down on it. Some of them were downright giddy about the idea of sending these kids packing right back to the lousy conditions from which their parents escaped. Trump held everyone hostage by demanding the wall (the one Mexico was supposed to pay for) to make this all go away.

But somehow it's everyone else who didn't care about the kids?

Trump Fan Nation is sure an interesting place.

A family that serves time together strengthens family values - lock them all up.

That'll be the next thing they nut-up about.

I can hear it now, "I can't believe Trump sent those kids to jail with their parents!! They should be seperated!!"

No, they will find a way to bitch about this too more than likely. This was never truly about the kids for some people, it was all about how anything can be used to attack Trump.

Right wingers have gotten so far out of having empathy that they don't understand why other people don't feel that way.

I can hear it now, "I can't believe Trump sent those kids to jail with their parents!! They should be seperated!!"

Stop listening to the voices in your head and that won't happen.

You people are literally gleeful over the idea of putting children in jail. It's monstrous.

Hang on a minute. I'm all for reuniting families, but:

1. Does not the law dictate detaining kids and parents separately? How does an EO fix this?
2. I thought tRump said that this was a Congressional problem. And now he signs an EO to be the solution? Which is it, Donald?
3. There is a severe backlog of immigration cases. How long will it take children and parents to reunite?
4. What about the growing concern of child and sexual abuse allegations at these concentration camps? When will we get a full investigation into those?

Yep! There it is! It didn't take long for someone to complain about the fix.

You people are literally gleeful over the idea of putting children in jail. It's monstrous.

I would rather those kids, along with their parents stay in their home countries.

What could possibly go wrong in a jail full of men, women and children of all ages? Why aren't all jails like that now?

Hang on a minute. I'm all for reuniting families, but:

1. Does not the law dictate detaining kids and parents separately? How does an EO fix this?
2. I thought tRump said that this was a Congressional problem. And now he signs an EO to be the solution? Which is it, Donald?
3. There is a severe backlog of immigration cases. How long will it take children and parents to reunite?
4. What about the growing concern of child and sexual abuse allegations at these concentration camps? When will we get a full investigation into those?

Are you casting aspersions about our newest neighbors already? Some of them are really good people!

Barack Obama.

For those that continue to insist this was a law enacted by Democrats and the separation of parents and children was actually "in the books".

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/was-law-separate-families-passed-1997/

There is no federal law that stipulates that children and parents be separated at the border, no matter how families entered the United States. An increase in child detainees separated from parents stemmed directly from a change in enforcement policy repeatedly announced by Sessions in April and May 2018, under which adults (with or without children) are criminally prosecuted for attempting to enter the United States:

The “zero-tolerance” policy he announced [in May 2018] sees adults who try to cross the border, many planning to seek asylum, being placed in custody and facing criminal prosecution for illegal entry.

As a result, hundreds of minors are now being housed in detention centres, and kept away from their parents.

Over a recent six-week period, nearly 2,000 children were separated from their parents after illegally crossing the border, figures released on [15 June 2018].

[Attorney General] Sessions said those entering the US irregularly would be criminally prosecuted, a change to a long-standing policy of charging most of those crossing for the first time with a misdemeanour offence.

Yep! There it is! It didn't take long for someone to complain about the fix.

Pointing out Trump's lies is not complaining about families getting reunited. That's pathetic spin, even for you.

Asking how long it will take for the fix to take effect is not complaining about the fix. That's just dumb.

Concern about sexual abuse is not complaining about the fix. Are you now defending sexual abuse of children?

If you truly believe that then the pot meets the kettle at last. This started when President Trump decided to use children as hostages and leverage against Congress in pursuit of his anti-immigrant agenda and it blew up in his face - ending with the comic relief of watching the President of the United States sign a document ordering himself not to do it again.

Back
Top Bottom