• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump signs executive order to stop family separations at border

Obviously illegal immigration has a different definition with you as these people AREN'T US Citizens thus not subject to U.S Law. What parent would bring their child to this country illegally knowingly breaking the law? Sorry but there are consequences for violating US law except in the liberal world.

Of course there are consequences.

Detain them using the ankle monitors until hearings. Then about 70 percent are deported with their children.

The ankle monitors will save taxpayers millions of dollars.

Curently we are spending about 1 and a half billion dollars on detention housing.

Let’s be tough but save our taxpayers.

I would much rather the cost be $500 a month ( ankle monitor ) than $12,000 a month ( @$400 a night ) for family detainment.

Of course there are consequences.

Detain them using the ankle monitors until hearings. Then about 70 percent are deported with their children.

The ankle monitors will save taxpayers millions of dollars.

Curently we are spending about 1 and a half billion dollars on detention housing.

Let’s be tough but save our taxpayers.

I would much rather the cost be $500 a month ( ankle monitor ) than $12,000 a month ( @$400 a night ) for family detainment.

thank you for an honest suggestion, I prefer to not reward illegal activity perpetuated by coyote's and parents. Seems like all this appeals to the heart and bypasses the brain but your suggestion does save money if we aren't going to deport them immediately.

The government can be tough on immigration and those entering the US illeagly without separating families.

Oh? and what is your envisionment of tough border control, without keeping their kids separate from the jail that the parents are in?

oh jmac, you couldn't have proven you were any more dishonest and ignorant if you tried. You made this claim

there is nothing in your link about traffickers and (read this very very slowly) the missing children happened on trump's watch.

Very clever, to post a different snopes article than the one I posted to you...Talk about dishonesty...Look, this isn't rocket science....

"In the fall of 2013, tens of thousands of unaccompanied minors traveled to the U.S. southern border, in flight from poverty and gang violence in Central America. At least six of those children were eventually resettled on an egg farm in Marion, Ohio, where their sponsors forced them to work 12 hours a day under threats of death. Local law enforcement uncovered the operation last year, prompting the Senate’s Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations to open an inquiry into the federal government’s handling of migrants.

It is intolerable that human trafficking — modern-day slavery — could occur in our own backyard,” Senator Rob Portman, Republican of Ohio and the chairman of the subcommittee, told the New York Times. “But what makes the Marion cases even more alarming is that a U.S. government agency was responsible for delivering some of the victims into the hands of their abusers.

Report: Obama Administration Handed Child Migrants Over to Human Traffickers

If you don't believe the liberal sources I have posted to you on the topic, then here is the Senate report that documents it...

https://www.hsgac.senate.gov/imo/me... Trafficking and Other Abuses 2016-01-282.pdf

Now, before you call me a liar again, you should take a step back and consider that illegal immigration has been a problem for a long time, and the ones being dishonest at this point in the issue, are the democrats that will NOT honestly address the subject.

From your link:

Who was our President since Oct. 2017?

Oh that’s right... President Trump.

You are ignoring that in 2013 the Obama administration DID hand over children to an Ohio egg farm that forced them to work 12 hrs a day under the threat of death....that is a fact....You're playing games with this.

Oh? and what is your envisionment of tough border control, without keeping their kids separate from the jail that the parents are in?

Keeping families together through gps ankle monitors.

That would save the US taxpayers millions of dollars.

$500 a month for ankle monitor vs $12,000 ( @$400 a night per person ) keeping them in a family detention center.

Please see post #544 of this thread for the facts , and links that back up my figures.

Using the ankle bracelets insures that the immigrate will show their hearing between 96 and 99 percent of the time according to the following.

Now, that might require that they release those individuals with an ankle bracelet and a court date from custody. But, you know, I will tell you that in my experience, 99 percent - or 96 depending upon which statistic you're looking at - of the people who are placed on an ankle bracelet actually show up at their hearing in the immigration court.

https://www.npr.org/2018/06/21/6223...migrant-family-separations-could-be-permanent

Last edited:
It's called enforcing the law....So, you want to pick and choose what laws should be enforced?

Again, you're arguing to change the law... to what? Make it legal to cross the boarder. No, I don't think any Americans are complaining about the law. We are complaining about how it's enforced... separating families. That's a policy. That's how Trump Admin decided to enforce the law. The law can be enforced differently

Very clever, to post a different snopes article than the one I posted to you...Talk about dishonesty...Look, this isn't rocket science....

jmac, help me help you and go back your post and click on the link you posted. Get back to me with what you found and then we can discuss your new links. mmm, something tells me I cant trust you to even do that so here is your post. Now you have no excuses.

Oh, you think that's vague? It happened....
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/1475-immigrant-children-missing/

Sent from my SM-T587P using Tapatalk

Here is a video where an:

Immigration lawyer: Ankle monitors a no-brainer

Anderson Cooper 360

Javier Gonzalez, a father of three living in Palm Beach, Florida, is facing deportation to Mexico and being separated from his family after originally coming to the US at 15 years old and wearing an ankle monitor issued by immigration officers. CNN's Randi Kayereports.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2018/06/26/ankle-bracelet-monitor-case-kaye-pkg.cnn

The ankle monitor thing is all well and good. What I want to see is Trump's plan for re-uniting the children who are being detained separately from their families. Many of the children are too small to even know their first and last names. Private agencies are intervening to help reunite them, because there is apparently no official plan.

The ankle monitor thing is all well and good. What I want to see is Trump's plan for re-uniting the children who are being detained separately from their families. Many of the children are too small to even know their first and last names. Private agencies are intervening to help reunite them, because there is apparently no official plan.

It looks like the Trump administration is going to use ankle monitors for families.

The tearful reunions — ordered by a court in California — came as the government said that it would release hundreds of migrant families wearing ankle bracelet monitors into the United States, effectively returning to the “catch and release” policy that President Trump promised to eliminate.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/10/us/politics/trump-administration-catch-and-release-migrants.html

Back
Top Bottom