• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Shatters Republican Primary Vote Record by 1.4 Million...

MickeyW

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
He actually those last primaries! ?!?!

Against whom?

All the candidates who "suspended" their campaigns rather than "dropped out".

Against whom?

lol, my thoughts exactly. He got 73.7% in our state yesterday which I wouldn't call great considering everyone else has dropped out.

lol, my thoughts exactly. He got 73.7% in our state yesterday which I wouldn't call great considering everyone else has dropped out.

LOL, he can get 74% of the vote... while running against no one.

Against whom?

Kasich and Cruz were both still on the ballot giving republican voters in those states a clear protest vote if they so desired. Turns out, in record numbers they had no desire to protest, but voted for Trump. Not to mention, republican turnout continued to be at record levels.

FT_16.03.02_primaryTurnout_MP_1980_2016_dashedREV2.png

Turnout in 2016 primaries so far rivals 2008 record | Pew Research Center

Last edited:

Mitt Romney got 68.4% and he was the only candidate, GWB got 77.9% when he was the only candidate. Seems about normal.

All the candidates who "suspended" their campaigns rather than "dropped out".

Ahh. We are talking a real victory here. One to brag about.

Ahh. We are talking a real victory here. One to brag about.

Actually, yes. Record turnouts, even after a presumptive nominee was chosen. Record numbers of actual votes. As mentioned, he beat other republican candidates that were in the same position. And all this despite a **** load of negative press and lack of party leadership support.

Great, change those goalposts. We were talking about last night's primary contests.

Ah, okedoke. :) While losing to Romney, he won one state with a slightly higher percentage than Romney did. Well done, Trump.

Actually, yes. Record turnouts, even after a presumptive nominee was chosen. Record numbers of actual votes. As mentioned, he beat other republican candidates that were in the same position. And all this despite a **** load of negative press and lack of party leadership support.

It's a real volksfest!

Back
Top Bottom