• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Shares Post Suggesting 'Civil War'

Agreed.
The problem is the vagaries of the Electoral College essentially are allowing a, "Tyranny of the Minority".
Trump & the GOP will never prevail in the popular vote in the '24 national election, but it is possible they'll still succeed in attaining the White House.
1653339489543.png

He just declared Civil War.
He should be clapped in irons and held for prosecution because elected officials who call for overthrow are committing a serious crime, and in a country that follows the rule of law, that's when you arrest them and charge them with that crime.
Nope. According to DHS :

"The mere advocacy of political or social positions, political activism, use of strong rhetoric, or generalized philosophic embrace of violent tactics does not constitute domestic violent extremism or illegal activity and is constitutionally protected,"

Disagree.
If we lump everyone who did this in with conservatives, the people who actually ARE conservatives get targeted just as unfairly as when all Dems and liberals are lumped in with the toxic "Shitty White Progressives" who continually advocate for burning this whole thing down because none of the libs and Dems are "far Left enough" for their satisfaction.
I seriously doubt anyone who tried burning shit down in Portland turned around and went to vote.
And if they did, it's highly unlikely they voted for a Democrat.

Let's call this what it is, a call to insurrectionists to continue what got started on January 6th. They even got tee shirts made up for that day.

ErFERZtVEAEDyqQ.jpg

That doesn't look "conservative" to me, it looks like American ISIS.
It looks like the wet dream of a bunch of anti-government insurrectionists who do not accept the will of the people or the Constitution we are governed under, supposedly.
By the way, we saw a lot of Confederate flags that day, and a lot of Trump flags.
And almost EVERY FLAG there, was used or was intended to be used as a weapon.

I just don't see anything "conservative" about any of this crap.
No, I agree with you. I'm saying that to some people, conservatism is nothing more than a team identifier.

I think it's mostly hyperbole. I wish both sides would walk it back but until they do I don't take either of them seriously.

No more walking back. Conservatives need to just be conservatives, libs need to be libs....and TOGETHER in bipartisan fashion we both MUST lay down the LAW and deliver a harsh lesson on why
the democratic process MUST BE respected at all costs.
We can go back to fighting like cats and dogs over the issues, we SHOULD go back to fighting like cats and dogs over the issues.
Thing is, we also have to go back to LIVING together as cats and dogs, and if you've owned them, you know that a cat and dog may tussle here and there but at the end of the day, Dog will most likely defend Cat to the death and vice versa. Most of us have seen at least a partial demonstration of this in real life.

I guarantee you my little tuxedo fluffball would mourn the loss of our dog, and vice versa, and either of them would fight any outside threat to the best of their ability.
I VIEW the insurrection AS an outside threat because I VIEW the entire foundation OF the insurrectionists as being largely a product from The Kremlin and their chief client.

And it is sedition, not conservatism.

Nope. According to DHS :

"The mere advocacy of political or social positions, political activism, use of strong rhetoric, or generalized philosophic embrace of violent tactics does not constitute domestic violent extremism or illegal activity and is constitutionally protected,"

We're talking about a president advocating for civil war.
Sorry but that is indeed one step higher on the totem pole.

Let me know when any agency says "The mere advocacy of WAR does not constitute domestic violent extremism or illegal activity and is constitutionally protected"

We're talking about a president advocating for civil war.
Sorry but that is indeed one step higher on the totem pole.

Let me know when any agency says "The mere advocacy of WAR does not constitute domestic violent extremism or illegal activity and is constitutionally protected"
He's no longer a president, so I really don't give a shit what he says.

"Any of my fellow Republicans wanna speak out now?" GOP Rep. Adam Kinzinger said of the incendiary post.

Former President Donald Trump shared a post on his social media platform that appeared to propose or predict a civil war in the U.S.
A Truth Social user suggested “civil war” in response to a March 19 tweet from El Salvador’s president, Nayib Bukele, which was screengrabbed and posted to Truth Social by former Fox Nation host Lara Logan. Trump “retruthed” the comment about civil war.

“The most powerful country in the world is falling so fast, that it makes you rethink what are the real reasons,” Bukele’s tweet read. “Something so big and powerful can’t be destroyed so quickly, unless the enemy comes from within.”

snip

Why aren't Republicans speaking out against this?
Because as usual the sky isn't falling and the unstable left is going bonkers over a silly post.

They aren't speaking out about southern baptist raping kids, keeping a secret rape list, lying about the secret rape list and encouraging some girls to get abortions.

Why the hell would they speak out against Civil War?

He's no longer a president, so I really don't give a shit what he says.
The Republican Party does give a shit what he says.
You can’t ignore the person GOP voters most support.
Watching Newsmax would help you.

They aren't speaking out about southern baptist raping kids, keeping a secret rape list, lying about the secret rape list and encouraging some girls to get abortions.

Why the hell would they speak out against Civil War?
Trump would love nothing more than a war fought over his fat ass

What if he is using it symbolically to rally the vote? You seem to be reading the worst possible interpretation into it that you can.

This is "symbolic"....it's also comedy, the person speaking isn't serious about what they are yelling about.

Nobody is going to hear that and interpret it as a serious call to Kill Whitey.

In the picture, duh!

Interesting. Does that mean that back in the “Good Ole Days” that Conservatives line for a return to the all male boardrooms of their dream world were only due to systemic discrimination? Those white males weren’t actually there because of merit?

Someone who attempted a coup and fomented an insurrection should not be allowed to run for public office.

Vladimir Putin knows his invasion of Ukraine is not going well, but he is enormously pleased with the Republican Party in his cold war with the United States.

The Republican Party is doing exactly what Putin wants them to do -- attack the very foundation of American democracy, free, unfettered elections. It all began with Donald Trump, Putin's choice for President in 2016.

The Post reports, "In high-profile statewide races in Georgia, Ohio and Arizona, leading Republican candidates have embraced the false claim that the 2020 U.S. presidential election was stolen, often reversing their previous statements to do so. Despite a complete lack of evidence for the claim, this belief has become widespread among Republican voters and shows no sign of diminishing.

"Believing that elections are rigged reduces trust in democracy and democratic norms, research finds. While there’s nothing new about partisans believing that elections have been stolen, it is new to have so many Americans — including prominent political figures from the Republican Party — accept this belief."

Four states are voting Tuesday in statewide primaries. In each of them, Republican candidates for offices that would oversee or help certify future elections continue to advance discredited accusations that the last federal election was stolen, ABC News.

ABC continued, "In Georgia, Trump's mission is to dislodge the incumbent GOP governor and secretary of state who stood behind President Joe Biden's victory. In Texas, Attorney General Ken Paxton was the leader of failed legal efforts to overturn the 2020 election. In the Alabama Senate race Rep. Mo Brooks was a key Trump ally in and around the events of Jan. 6."

The list of Republican candidates supporting Trump's Big Lie is endless.

What could be more dangerous to American democracy than loss of faith in our free elections?

Little wonder why Putin is so pleased with the Republicans. It makes up for his setbacks in Ukraine.

As is their custom, the forum's Republicans will not address the issues in this report. Instead, they would like to bury the report.

He is attacking the source. I get it I do. But it seems like it's trolling to deflect from the points made in the OP.

Tell me about it...

Back
Top Bottom