• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Sez: More Immigrants!

phattonez

Catholic
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
USA Today said:
“I need people coming in because we need people to run the factories and plants and companies that are moving back in,” he told a group of reporters from regional newspapers. “We need people.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...-he-wants-more-legal-migrants-u-s/2792732002/

Thanks, bud. We haven't had wages go up for 50 years, and now that we finally have a chance to get real wage gains you're going to stab American workers in the back. But hey, at least they're coming in LEGALLY!

I hope he gets primaried.

Dy1AjeGUcAEA6H0.jpg

Ya know I give you a lot of **** but at least you're consistent on where you stand.

While you're at it, find out why Trump and the GOP are not calling for mandatory E-Verify.

That, is the real travesty ...

I want to know why no politicians are calling for it. This is by far the most popular immigration reform proposal. 80% of Americans want it. It's a clear subversion of the will of the American people.

Actually, I know exactly why, and it's because our politicians are bought off by our business elite, and they all LOVE cheap labor.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...-he-wants-more-legal-migrants-u-s/2792732002/

Thanks, bud. We haven't had wages go up for 50 years, and now that we finally have a chance to get real wage gains you're going to stab American workers in the back. But hey, at least they're coming in LEGALLY!

Dy1AjeGUcAEA6H0.jpg

But he just wants immigrants from Norway, not one of those ****hole countries. Meanwhile...

"In 2017, some 2,550 US citizens applied for asylum in Canada – an increase of more than sixfold from 2016 and the largest such number since at least 1994, according to data from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-asylum-canada-increases-immigration-refugees

Dy1AjeGUcAEA6H0.jpg

But not brown people, or black people, or Mexicans, or people from ****hole countries, or people from (banned) Muslim countries, or transgendered people, or people who have been raped...

I want to know why no politicians are calling for it. This is by far the most popular immigration reform proposal. 80% of Americans want it. It's a clear subversion of the will of the American people.

Actually, I know exactly why, and it's because our politicians are bought off by our business elite, and they all LOVE cheap labor.
There ya' go! ;)

You know, some of us against Trump are for parts of his message. We just believe him to be the wrong messenger.

But he just wants immigrants from Norway, not one of those ****hole countries.

They're going to work in factories? Fat chance.

Sent from my phone. Instaurare omnia in Christo.

But not brown people, or black people, or Mexicans, or people from ****hole countries, or people from (banned) Muslim countries, or transgendered people, or people who have been raped...
Who's going to work the factories? Germans and Italians? It's not the 1800s anymore.

Sent from my phone. Instaurare omnia in Christo.

Dy1AjeGUcAEA6H0.jpg

At the SOTU, Trump said something about wanting to let in 'more immigrants than ever before, as long as they're legal'. All but the most die-hard Trump supporters will realize that the vision of his original 2016 campaign has been snuffed out. Jared Kushner now runs the White House, in my opinion.

At the SOTU, Trump said something about wanting to let in 'more immigrants than ever before, as long as they're legal'. All but the most die-hard Trump supporters will realize that the vision of his original 2016 campaign has been snuffed out. Jared Kushner now runs the White House, in my opinion.
Someone definitely runs it, and it's not 2016 Trump.

Sent from my phone. Instaurare omnia in Christo.*

*Restore all things in Christ.

Last edited by a moderator:
Weird. So maybe we don't need a wall but just a faster process for asylum seekers and economic migrants?

:thinking

It's one of the many times it's clear Trump is not thinking about the broader picture and in a long term perspective. His current policies are to reduce immigration across the board, but now it needs to change? Someone didn't do their homework...

Someone definitely runs it, and it's not 2016 Trump.

Sent from my phone. Instaurare omnia in Christo.*

*Restore all things in Christ.

Kushner gets what Kushner wants. He's the reason the man who crafted 2016 Trump (Bannon) was ousted.

If you're interested, Kushner has been behind every key mistake of the Trump administration to date.

Weird. So maybe we don't need a wall but just a faster process for asylum seekers and economic migrants?

:thinking

It's one of the many times it's clear Trump is not thinking about the broader picture and in a long term perspective. His current policies are to reduce immigration across the board, but now it needs to change? Someone didn't do their homework...

It's bonkers. It's a complete betrayal of his base. Whether he's a liar, weak willed, or completely subverted, it doesn't matter. All of the people who voted for Trump were just given a big middle finger.

Kushner gets what Kushner wants. He's the reason the man who crafted 2016 Trump (Bannon) was ousted.

If you're interested, Kushner has been behind every key mistake of the Trump administration to date.

I'm not denying it, I just don't care as much about the rumors and intrigue. All that matters it that Trump isn't doing what he was elected to do, and no matter the reason, he has to go.

I'm not denying it, I just don't care as much about the rumors and intrigue. All that matters it that Trump isn't doing what he was elected to do, and no matter the reason, he has to go.

It's fundamental to me to understand what went wrong. If Kushner was forced to leave, maybe we could salvage the Presidency. Otherwise we're left with a disaster of epic proportions, with a shattered GOP & Kamala Harris waiting in the wings.

But he just wants immigrants from Norway, not one of those ****hole countries. Meanwhile...

"In 2017, some 2,550 US citizens applied for asylum in Canada – an increase of more than sixfold from 2016 and the largest such number since at least 1994, according to data from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-asylum-canada-increases-immigration-refugees

Oh come on, seriously? Canada does NOT accept asylum applications from Americans, do they???
If this is even remotely true, it's a shocker for me, because I just assumed Canada would laugh at any American citizen claiming asylum from America.

Wow, the shine is really off the Trump apple for his (former?) supporters in this thread. And they didn’t see it coming. :lamo

While you're at it, find out why Trump and the GOP are not calling for mandatory E-Verify.

That, is the real travesty ...

a rhetorical question, but a pertinent one.

Back
Top Bottom