• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trump, seeking GOP unity, has tense meeting with Senate Republicans

justabubba

long standing member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
read this and see how well tRump is unifying the congressional critters behind his candidacy

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ntroversy-over-star-of-david-tweet-continues/

this was funny ... response to tRump's threat that the senator would not be re-elected:
Trump said at the meeting that he has yet to attack Flake hard but threatened to begin doing so. Flake stood up to Trump by urging him to stop attacking Mexicans. Trump predicted that Flake would lose his reelection, at which point Flake informed Trump that he was not on the ballot this year, the sources said.

sure he knows .... like he wouldn't tell if he actually knew:
In his discussion with senators, Trump claimed that he had inside intelligence about Hillary Clinton’s vetting process for Supreme Court vacancies and that he knew the names of two people the presumptive Democratic nominee is considering nominating, two Republican officials said. But Trump would not reveal those names.

but he promised to defend the 12th Article of the US Constitution:
Rep. Mark Sanford (R-S.C.) left the meeting worried about Trump’s grasp on the basics of the Constitution. At a lunch with reporters afterward, he recalled that the candidate did not seem to know what he was promising to defend.
“I wasn’t particularly impressed,” Sanford said. “It was the normal stream of consciousness that’s long on hyperbole and short on facts. At one point, somebody asked about Article I powers: What will you do to protect them? I think his response was, ‘I want to protect Article I, Article II, Article XII,’ going down the list. There is no Article XII.”

sure he is:
“If you look at the trajectory of his unforced errors, he’s getting better,” said Rep. Bill Flores (R-Tex.). “I mean, he’s not where we want him to be, but he’s getting better.”

read this and see how well tRump is unifying the congressional critters behind his candidacy

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ntroversy-over-star-of-david-tweet-continues/

this was funny ... response to tRump's threat that the senator would not be re-elected:

sure he knows .... like he wouldn't tell if he actually knew:

but he promised to defend the 12th Article of the US Constitution:

sure he is:

Trump knows what? Like he knew Obama was not born in the USA and his team of investigators sent to Hawaii had a bombshell, what a tool lol. The man has zero credibility

Back
Top Bottom