• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Second Most Admired Man In America

we definitely laughed at a lot of the same parts, as well.

I don't know who first said this, but the point about good scifi isn't that it predicts the future (although sometimes it's pretty good at that) but that it warns us about the present. Idiocrisy won on both those fronts anyway.

we definitely laughed at a lot of the same parts, as well.

It was funnier in the 2000s. Some stuff from way back looks a little different now.

The left and the MSM would have you believe Trump is the scum of the Earth, the most despicable man on the planet. Americans, just when they elected Trump in 2016, obviously still don't believe the fake news spewed by both the left and the MSM.

https://wset.com/news/nation-world/...ca-according-to-new-poll-12-28-2018-185731447

The full list of Most Admired men are as follows:

Barack Obama
Donald Trump
George W. Bush
Pope Francis
Bill Gates
Bernie Sanders
Bill Clinton
Dalai Lama
Joe Biden
Elon Musk
Mike Pence

Frankly, meaningless.

So the three worst Presidents of the Modern Era though out of order in their awfulness are the three most admired men in America and that says something about them!!!!!

That says more about us than it does about them.

In order of terrible, the three worst Presidents of the modern era without question are 43, Obama and Trump. 43 and Obama are bad, Obama slightly worse than 43. You have to create a whole new vocabulary to describe the horror of Donald Trump as President of the United States. I have tried cosmically awful, bombastically terrible to describe him and within a week Trump has completely overwhelmed my ability to define his awfulness in the position with anything that really comes to grips with how bad he is as Chief Executive.

I never thought I would end up with a burning desire to own a Dr Peabody, WayBack Machine. But now I do, just to send myself back to James Buchanan's term in office. Have to experience first hand how bad he was in the job to see if I would still rate him the worst President of all time or possibly Andrew Jackson's time in office. Jackson was another awful President drawn into office on a wave of Populism as was Trump.

Trump easily has made it to Jackson territory in just 2 years and I can well imagine that four years of Trump will put him in range of if not past Buchanan for awfulness in the job.

It was funnier in the 2000s.

It's never quite as funny when the prediction becomes the reality. I'm sure there were funny political cartoons made about the rise of antisemitism in Eastern Europe in the beginning of the 20th century.

It's never quite as funny when the prediction becomes the reality.

Thing is, I've always been that guy in Idiocracy. Look at me here. But now others are seeing it and that scares me.

Thing is, I've always been that guy in Idiocracy. Look at me here. But now others are seeing it and that scares me.

There are people here who've claimed I'm smart, and my response has always been the same: I'm just Joe Bauers.

There are people here who've claimed I'm smart, and my response has always been the same: I'm just Joe Bauers.

But now the average guy is all, "holy ****, there's a lot of stupid mother****ers out there!"

That kinda scares me.

The left and the MSM would have you believe Trump is the scum of the Earth, the most despicable man on the planet. Americans, just when they elected Trump in 2016, obviously still don't believe the fake news spewed by both the left and the MSM.

https://wset.com/news/nation-world/...ca-according-to-new-poll-12-28-2018-185731447

Barack Obama
Donald Trump
George W. Bush
Pope Francis
Bill Gates
Bernie Sanders
Bill Clinton
Dalai Lama
Joe Biden
Elon MuskLO
Mike Pence
LOL, I saw the headline and caught my breath - until I got the rest of the story. Obama heads the list, true, but less than one in five people actually voted for him.

It was funnier in the 2000s. Some stuff from way back looks a little different now.

i remember that one. i also dug this around the same time :

But now the average guy is all, "holy ****, there's a lot of stupid mother****ers out there!"

That kinda scares me.

Stupid people were always out there, but Trump getting elected made them believe their stupidity was no bar to their opinions being every bit as valid as the greatest and most accomplished thinkers on the planet. According to their way of thinking, simply having their guys win the election is the end of the discussion. That may sound bleak but it also contains a note of promise, because that also suggests that voting their guys out of power means they shut up again.

It's not guaranteed, but it's at least possible.

I'll answer. I don't admire many of Trump's ways and wince at what he says sometimes but I do admire his steadfastness in holding to his course and in not caving in to those who pathologically hate him to the point of inventing a hare-brained conspiracy theory. Scrape away all the noise and distractions and Trump has done a pretty decent job.

Yea, 3 government shut downs. A joke of a tax bill that is causing increased deficits. A stock market downturn. A more divided America. Poor relations with our allies. At least he was able to get the democrats back in control of the House.

Stupid people were always out there, but Trump getting elected made them believe their stupidity was no bar to their opinions being every bit as valid as the greatest and most accomplished thinkers on the planet. According to their way of thinking, simply having their guys win the election is the end of the discussion. That may sound bleak but it also contains a note of promise, because that also suggests that voting their guys out of power means they shut up again.

It's not guaranteed, but it's at least possible.

You can't just go into fantasy world to make yourself feel better. Stupid people are not gonna live by the rules they arbitrarily assign according to benefit. They're stupid but they know the rules they make up as they go are arbitrary and must be ignored in the future.

"Stupid people are gonna accept the defeat of their idiotic opinions according to the standards they set".

They've driven you off the ledge.

You can't just go into fantasy world to make yourself feel better. Stupid people are not gonna live by the rules they arbitrarily assign according to benefit. They're stupid but they know the rules they make up as they go are arbitrary and must be ignored in the future.

"Stupid people are gonna accept the defeat of their idiotic opinions according to the standards they set".

They're driven you off the ledge.

As I said, it's not guaranteed. I simply posited that the means by which they came out from under their rocks could be the same means by which they go back under them. It is of course equally possible that this is a Pandora's Box situation and they're never going away. But voting their guys out of power is a lot like enacting planet-wide environmental policies: even if you don't stop the central problem you've made the world a better place anyway.

As I said, it's not guaranteed. I simply posited that the means by which they came out from under their rocks could be the same means by which they go back under them. It is of course equally possible that this is a Pandora's Box situation and they're never going away. But voting their guys out of power is a lot like enacting planet-wide environmental policies: even if you don't stop the central problem you've made the world a better place anyway.

I dunno. It's starting to feel like there's no going back. If you think stupid people are gonna be reasonable, you've disconnected in self defense.

Greatest male vocalist is Mercury or Bowie.

a good argument.

however, i would also put James Brown and Chris Cornell right up there at the top, too.

I dunno. It's starting to feel like there's no going back. If you think stupid people are gonna be reasonable, you've disconnected in self defense.

If you think I was arguing they're going to be reasonable, then whoah...you really misread me. I wasn't speaking to their ability to be rational at all. What I was saying is that Trump getting elected encouraged stupid people, which is why after November 2016 it seemed as though the stupid population had quadrupled overnight. It's at least possible (again, I cannot stress how little guarantee there is to this) that their populist candidates getting tossed out of power discourages them, resulting in the active stupid population returning to what is was before 2016.

Simple encouragement and discouragement cannot be discounted as powerful forces in the desire of stupid people to make their thoughts public.

however, i would also put James Brown and Chris Cornell right up there at the top, too.

Jackson, but I'm not an audiophile so the bizarre stuff is enough to dissuade me. If I was a music lover, then maybe accusations and stuff is not as important as talent and product. Since I don't much like (appreciate) music, artists get flushed for that sort of controversy.

Barack Obama
Donald Trump
George W. Bush
Pope Francis
Bill Gates
Bernie Sanders
Bill Clinton
Dalai Lama
Joe Biden
Elon Musk
Mike Pence

Trump got 13, which is a lower percentage than the # of people who think he should be impeached

Amazing that despite all the MSN anti-Trump propaganda and the efforts of the "Resistance" Trump even made the list, much less coming in second to "Saint" Obama. ;)

Why would you find it "amazing" that White Supremacists and their supporters admire a blatant racist like Trump who publicly supports them? Seems like about what I would expect.

Greatest male vocalist is Mercury or Bowie.

My wife and I agreed that Mercury easily could have been an opera singer.

Jackson, but I'm not an audiophile so the bizarre stuff is enough to dissuade me. If I was a music lover, then maybe accusations and stuff is not as important as talent and product. Since I don't much like (appreciate) music, artists get flushed for that sort of controversy.

that is an interesting question. i don't know the answer.

Back
Top Bottom