• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump says that COVID will go away because of "herd mentality". LOL

CaughtInThe

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Trump defends claim coronavirus will disappear, citing 'herd mentality' | TheHill

“With time it goes away,” Trump said during an ABC News town hall in Pennsylvania when pressed by host George Stephanopoulos on his public comments about the virus. “You'll develop, you'll develop herd — like a herd mentality. It's going to be, it’s going to be herd-developed, and that's going to happen. That will all happen. But with a vaccine, I think it will go away very quickly.”

This guy is an idiot.

He needs to pray for a vaccine.

Trump defends claim coronavirus will disappear, citing 'herd mentality' | TheHill

“With time it goes away,” Trump said during an ABC News town hall in Pennsylvania when pressed by host George Stephanopoulos on his public comments about the virus. “You'll develop, you'll develop herd — like a herd mentality. It's going to be, it’s going to be herd-developed, and that's going to happen. That will all happen. But with a vaccine, I think it will go away very quickly.”

This guy is an idiot.

Trump = Turd Mentality

This guy is an idiot.

Well that is actually less egregious than Trump saying it would go away due to Herd Immunity through Transmission which is just batcrap crazy.

being president is all the practice tRump needs for the upcoming debates, his campaign insists

this previews the kind of presidential performance we might expect

“With time it goes away,” Trump said during an ABC News town hall in Pennsylvania when pressed by host George Stephanopoulos on his public comments about the virus. “You'll develop, you'll develop herd — like a herd mentality. It's going to be, it’s going to be herd-developed, and that's going to happen. That will all happen. But with a vaccine, I think it will go away very quickly.

This guy is an idiot.

Worth highlighting the evidence that he is clueless about the actual virus, infection, and epidemic mechanics. Not understanding herd immunity OR vaccination.

Jeebus, Mary, and Joe Cocker

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

All the Trumpists have been drooling at the prospect of the upcoming debates. This Town Hall should give them some pause....

How stupid is Donald Trump about his ethics and his job? Plenty damn stupid. So are his followers the people who hate politicians yet worship Donald Trump the idiot.

The fact that Trump KNEW that COVID-19 was “deadly,” “easily transmissible,” and a danger to both young and old Americans -- but said the exact opposite in public -- is just about the worst example of leadership we can imagine. But our president has another view which isn't worth repeating.

What's pissing Trump off is that Bob Woodward revealed how long Trump has been lying to the nation. His family on the tax dollar payroll has been lying. His team members have been lying

That’s right -- according to Trump, he was actually PROTECTING us by lying about COVID-19. His supporters will buy this argument, which means his abject failure to keep Americans safe during the worst pandemic in 100 years may even give him a boost in the polls. What??? The Trump team has been failing which began in late 2016 and early 2017 when the team decided to NOT restock the nations Emergency Preparedness Inventory. The military advised Trump to get on with the restocking in 2017.

Now more than 210,000 people have died which will continue to increase through 2021 at least.

THERE IS NO MEDICAL TREATMENT AVAILABLE! VACCINE PREPARATION AND AND SUCH SHOULD HAVE COMMENCED IN 2017 NOT 2020.

How can anyone be thankful about our president lying over and over and over = Trump’s behavior is simply unacceptable! He says lying was preventing a panic???????

The Trump campaign is obviously desperate. They are putting him in circumstances where he cannot exert complete control like his crazy-town rallies or with Fox and Friends and he is getting pounded senseless as a result. Just hopelessly lost with his pants down around his ankles.

WTO just smacked Trump senseless over his China tariffs and he was forced to back down on his Canada tariffs by kid Trudeau. By the time Donnie gets to Nov 3rd I am not sure his nose will still be in the middle of his face with the pounding he going to take, mostly by his own fists.

Watch, next it will be the big victimization narrative.

"How dare they put our Donald in a place like a town hall where he can't brow beat his questioners because they are voters or can't bellow like a fool. Why can't they leave our Donald alone?"

His supporters have herd mentality...perhaps that is what he is talking about?

Worth highlighting the evidence that he is clueless about the actual virus, infection, and epidemic mechanics. Not understanding herd immunity OR vaccination.

Jeebus, Mary, and Joe Cocker

Trump is just so dumb.

But his supporters don't care. Hell, some are dying for him.

All the Trumpists have been drooling at the prospect of the upcoming debates. This Town Hall should give them some pause....

yup...

i'd say the Dems have a dozen comments lined up that will make him explode.

WTO just smacked Trump senseless over his China tariffs and he was forced to back down on his Canada tariffs by kid Trudeau.

those need to be threads.

His supporters have herd mentality...perhaps that is what he is talking about?

southern men have literally taken their tails, tucked them between their legs and bowed their heads to a New York City criminal and con man.

shameful.

Funniest part of the trade fiasco is the US will not be able to fight the decision due to the US not filling the vacancies, therefore the ruling is here to stay.

Funniest part of the trade fiasco is the US will not be able to fight the decision due to the US not filling the vacancies, therefore the ruling is here to stay.

just total idiots.

This guy is an idiot.

Are you sure that is was herd? I think he ment turd.

s 4 brains.jpg

This article on how he handled that town hall is a really good record of failures and lack of empathy:

Trump fumbles during tough encounter with undecided voters in Philadelphia - CNNPolitics

It has the 'herd mentality' quote and much more.

This is one of my favorites:

He said he did a "tremendous" job on the virus, insisted "it's going to disappear" and that "a lot of people think masks are not good." Asked who said masks aren't good, Trump replied, "Waiters."

:thumbdown

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

Agreed but they dont rise to the level of most followers' priorities or attention spans.

Agreed but they dont rise to the level of most followers' priorities or attention spans.

If Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity and Donald Trump have taught us anything, it's that the volume is what's important.

Back
Top Bottom