• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Says Supreme Court Needs Ninth Justice to Decide Election

Cardinal

Respected On All Sides
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Silly me. And here I thought that it was American voters who decided the election.

Everything points to the fact that Trump isn't running against Biden, but against democracy.

President Donald Trump predicted that the U.S. Supreme Court will decide the outcome of the November election and argued the Senate should confirm his nominee to replace the late Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg to break any tie.

After again complaining about expansions of mail-in voting amid the coronavirus pandemic, Trump said Wednesday that “I think this will end up in the Supreme Court and I think it’s very important to have nine justices.”

“I think this scam that the Democrats are pulling, it’s a scam, this scam will be before the United States Supreme Court,” he told reporters at the White House.

Lawyers representing Trump’s campaign are challenging mail-in voting rules in a host of states. The president has repeatedly claimed without substantiation that mail-in voting is more susceptible to fraud than in-person voting on Election Day.

Silly me. And here I thought that it was American voters who decided the election.

Everything points to the fact that Trump isn't running against Biden, but against democracy.

OMG, he is just asking for it........

If Trump loses, contests the election, then has it overturned by a split decision after filling RBG's seat, America will literally explode.
Yeup. I think the right is underestimating the Anger of the American People, it could be fatal.

Pretty sad that the President believes the SC will vote down political lines. I though the justice system was to be blind to politics and rulings based on the law.

If Trump loses, contests the election, then has it overturned by a split decision after filling RBG's seat, America will literally explode.

I think you mean the heads of some liberals will explode. But these explode quite easily, so it's difficult to get too worried about that.

It's a valid point though. Many recent elections have involved legal challenges. You wouldn't want such a challenge to end in a deadlock at the supreme court. An unfavorable decision is better than no decision. It also makes a great case for sitting a justice before the election.

I posted this article in another thread, I think it is germane to the OP;

The GOP can't win elections without cheating. It's what they do.
If that happens then, **** it America passed its expiration date and needs to start over.

Reporter: "Will you commit to a peaceful transferal of power after the election?"

Trump: "Get rid of the ballots and there won't be a transfer, frankly. It'll be a continuation."

We're here, folks.

Controversy as a tactic.

Reporter: "Will you commit to a peaceful transferal of power after the election?"

Trump: "Get rid of the ballots and there won't be a transfer, frankly. It'll be a continuation."

We're here, folks.

Trump has finally gone completely off the rails. I think he and his election team are floating this by early to see what kind of reaction he gets. And so far, there's no GOP or conservative voter resistance whatsoever. Unbelievable!

I read this as he knows he’s losing and he wants a biased court to rule in his favor that his baseless contention, that mail in ballots, are inherently fraudulent.

He is planning on stealing the election in broad daylight and he’s sharing the plan with us.

The only question is will the court back his claim, the way hand picked courts support the dictator in banana republics. Or, will they say this is completely ridiculous.

Your wrong as usual, Trump is correct as usual.

All the UN-requested mail in ballots will take weeks to sort out, all according to the commiecrat plan. Democrats hate America.

I read this as he knows he’s losing and he wants a biased court to rule in his favor that his baseless contention, that mail in ballots, are inherently fraudulent.

He is planning on stealing the election in broad daylight and he’s sharing the plan with us.

Remember when we used to laugh at James Bond movies because the villains kept revealing their evil plans before they actually executed them?

Trump has finally gone completely off the rails. I think he and his election team are floating this by early to see what kind of reaction he gets. And so far, there's no GOP or conservative voter resistance whatsoever. Unbelievable!

I hate to say it, but I suspect that even the most rational Republican Senators are thinking, "Welp, our democracy was good for a couple hundred years." I don't think they've spent a single second considering their role in any of this.

"The Trump campaign is weighing a postelection strategy that would bypass the results in key swing states by installing electors who would vote for the president in the Electoral College even if he loses, The Atlantic reported.

Using a rationale of baseless claims about widespread voter fraud and other irregularities with mail ballots, President Donald Trump "would ask state legislators to set aside the popular vote and exercise their power to choose a slate of electors directly," The Atlantic's Barton Gellman wrote, adding that "the longer Trump succeeds in keeping the vote count in doubt, the more pressure legislators will feel to act before the safe-harbor deadline expires."

If Trump's campaign staff succeeded in doing this I believe those States would see rebellion by the people. It would violate federal law.

That makes me question if President Trump is really a law and order President.

Im confused I thought he was going to win in a landslide why would the courts be involved in that case?

Putin has guaranteed him an easily hackable electronic win, but he has to get the massive Biden postal vote discounted by the courts, ending at "his" SC.

Back
Top Bottom