• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump says not pressing U.S. government for coronavirus vaccine for political reasons

I just knew you'd dig up some ****. They read like the AGW screeds that announce that Florida could be under water by tomorrow.

The development schedule for these vaccines is aided by earlier SARS vaccine development. It does not involve living or dead virus elements, and so eliminates the concerns generally associated with such vaccines. These vaccines are being tested globally in areas where there are active infections, so the database for evaluating safety and efficacy is huge.

It is completely consistent with Trump's nature to push for rapid, early development and release., just as it is completely consistent for you guys to continue spreading fear.
It is consistent for him to do what benefits him without any regard for other people.

You have failed to actually show any of those with concerns wrong. Essentially your argument became "I knew you would find some people who object eventhough I said I hadn't seen any, but will dismiss those experts since they arent saying what I like".

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

I just knew you'd dig up some ****. They read like the AGW screeds that announce that Florida could be under water by tomorrow.

The development schedule for these vaccines is aided by earlier SARS vaccine development. It does not involve living or dead virus elements, and so eliminates the concerns generally associated with such vaccines. These vaccines are being tested globally in areas where there are active infections, so the database for evaluating safety and efficacy is huge.

It is completely consistent with Trump's nature to push for rapid, early development and release., just as it is completely consistent for you guys to continue spreading fear.

"I said to my people, slow down the testing please". Why did Trump say that if not for political expediency?

So if it's (some vaccine version) sufficiently tested and approved by the end of October, you'd be okay with it?

Almost all of the experts have said, the end of October is way too soon. Even the manufacturers have agreed not to rush anything for FDA approval.

Of course DT is pushing the vaccine for political purposes. The problem he has now, is that due to his political pressure, only 25% of Americans trust Trump on the vaccine.

The experts have said end of 2020 or beginning of 2021 for final approval. Distribution will take much longer. I for one won't take it until it has been widely circulated with good results.

So if it's (some vaccine version) sufficiently tested and approved by the end of October, you'd be okay with it?

You say 'sufficiently tested and approved'. By who would you trust that information when Trumps election depends on his handling of Covid. We are at the stage now where the government is altering the data for public view. Testing is clearly slowing down as requested by Trump.

Trump's credibility on a vaccine by November is -10. I can't trust him or any of his agency leaders at this time. Too much lying and manipulating going on for my trust.

Trump says not pressing U.S. government for coronavirus vaccine for political reasons | Reuters

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump on Tuesday told Fox News he is not pressuring the U.S. government for a vaccine against the deadly coronavirus for political reasons.

“I’m not doing it for political reasons. I want the vaccine fast,” said Trump, whose chances at re-election in November hinge on his response to the Covid-19 pandemic.
===============================================
I don't believe a word of his statement. He wants the vaccine by election time.

Yes, just like, "I said to my people, slow down the testing please", was in no way a politically motivated plea to manipulate his 'numbers'!

"I said to my people, slow down the testing please". Why did Trump say that if not for political expediency?

Because testing is most valuable to prevent spread. It's safe to say that that disease has spread throughout the country, so if you happen to be under 50 and in otherwise in good health, getting tested is largely a waste. Simply follow the CDC guidelines, self quarantine, and treat your mild symptoms, unless a doctor recommends testing for other reasons. As Fauci said, not everyone needs to be tested. These are perfectly rational reasons. You just don't like 'em.

Because testing is most valuable to prevent spread. It's safe to say that that disease has spread throughout the country, so if you happen to be under 50 and in otherwise in good health, getting tested is largely a waste. Simply follow the CDC guidelines, self quarantine, and treat your mild symptoms, unless a doctor recommends testing for other reasons. As Fauci said, not everyone needs to be tested. These are perfectly rational reasons. You just don't like 'em.

You can feel perfectly fine, be asymptomatic and still carry a viral load to pass on to others without knowing-this is especially true of the very young. That's why extensive testing is crucial.

You can feel perfectly fine, be asymptomatic and still carry a viral load to pass on to others without knowing-this is especially true of the very young. That's why extensive testing is crucial.

I'm not discounting the value of testing. I'm just pointing out the conclusions of infectious disease experts. The virus is loose in the general population and has been for many months. The reality is that it's physically impossible to test enough people frequently enough to prevent additional cases. That doesn't mean we shouldn't test. It does mean that testing should be targeted to events which may contribute to the spread among the vulnerable.

I'm not discounting the value of testing. I'm just pointing out the conclusions of infectious disease experts. The virus is loose in the general population and has been for many months. The reality is that it's physically impossible to test enough people frequently enough to prevent additional cases. That doesn't mean we shouldn't test. It does mean that testing should be targeted to events which may contribute to the spread among the vulnerable.

Agreed.

Trump says not pressing U.S. government for coronavirus vaccine for political reasons | Reuters

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump on Tuesday told Fox News he is not pressuring the U.S. government for a vaccine against the deadly coronavirus for political reasons.

“I’m not doing it for political reasons. I want the vaccine fast,” said Trump, whose chances at re-election in November hinge on his response to the Covid-19 pandemic.
===============================================
I don't believe a word of his statement. He wants the vaccine by election time.

If we can get a safe, effective vaccine, asap, wouldn't that be good for the country? Even if it is before the election? Are the left really so politically biased opportunists that they would rather see people die than have Trump helped in the election? Are Biden and the left going to follow the science and listen to the experts, or are they going to make their own judgments based on political advantage? Both Russia and China already have vaccines. Should we let them become the health superpowers of the world?

If we can get a safe, effective vaccine, asap, wouldn't that be good for the country? Even if it is before the election? Are the left really so politically biased opportunists that they would rather see people die than have Trump helped in the election? Are Biden and the left going to follow the science and listen to the experts, or are they going to make their own judgments based on political advantage? Both Russia and China already have vaccines. Should we let them become the health superpowers of the world?
But we can't truly test a vaccine for safety or effectiveness properly without time. You cant just skip ahead and claim such things are safe and effective without proper testing which requires certain timelines.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom