• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trump Says It Out Loud

Absentee ballots = must provide reason you can't vote in person
False, as explained elsewhere and now, again, here:

Absentee Voting: All states will mail an absentee ballot to certain voters who request one. In two-thirds of the states, any qualified voter may vote absentee without offering an excuse, and in one-third of the states, an excuse is required. Some states offer a permanent absentee ballot list: once a voter asks to be added to the list, s/he will automatically receive an absentee ballot for all future elections.
Voting Outside the Polling Place: Absentee, All-Mail and other Voting at Home Options

This link will show you (if you bother to go to it) which states have waived the requirement for an excuse or have allowed for the covid pandemic to be one:
Absentee/mail-in voting - Ballotpedia

Last edited:
False, as explained elsewhere and now, again, here:

Voting Outside the Polling Place: Absentee, All-Mail and other Voting at Home Options

This link will show you (if you bother to go to it) which states have waived the requirement for an excuse or have allowed for the covid pandemic to be one:
Absentee/mail-in voting - Ballotpedia

I have no doubt that no amount of proof I put out there will not stop your from spreading the administration's lie about absentee and mail voting.

Some Republicans are thinking that destroying postal service to steal an election isn't a good look:

House GOP leader says Congress will ‘make sure’ postal service is funded
House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) said Friday that Republicans do not support withholding funding from the U.S. Postal Service and, in a break with Trump, urged voters to cast ballots by mail.

“The Postal Service will have the funding that it needs,” McCarthy said in an interview on CNBC. “We will make sure of that. We want to make sure we have an accurate election. I think any Republican that gets their ballot in the mail should vote and make sure their vote is counted.”

McCarthy noted that Trump on Thursday said he would not veto legislation that does contain the extra funding to support the Postal Service even as he rails against it.

"Bad optics," I think it's called.

Looks like your argument might not be going so well, eh?

Even Fauci is claiming that if you can shop at a grocery store, you can show up in person to vote.

Stop questioning science.

gaslight card.jpg

He's probably right (based on the massive failure of Dirtbag's covid response, he might have to change that statement between now and November 3rd) but it's irrelevant. Americans in every state have the right to vote both in-person or by mail and many of them may choose to use extra caution and exercise that right. But you would like to prevent them from exercising that right. Why? I thought rightwingers were really big on constitutional rights. Or is it that old rightwing "rights for me not so much for thee" thing?

Everyone has the right to vote by mail-in ballot, in a majority of states, if they can justify why they can't vote in person. No one's right to vote is being suppressed because mail-in ballots aren't THEE option. It's ludicrous to claim otherwise. Experts state it's safe to vote in person within proper guidelines.

Almost every one of the few states that required a reason for the absentee ballot have either eliminated that requirement altogether or waived it this year or have included risk to covid as a valid reason.

Full time mail-in ballots are currently available to a handful of states, and is attempting to expand due to COVID. A majority of states don't support mail-in ballots (not including absentee ballots) in current state.

In this binary choice between Trump and Biden, Biden is a far more decent person than Trump, who never has displayed any decency. Apart from that, Biden believes in science and would defer to medical experts should he be president, while Trump said the virus was a hoax perpetrated by the news media and the Democrats. Besides, it’s no big deal, people should buy stocks.

Biden also understands the constitution and respects our national norms, while Trump is tone deaf to both.

Happy?

While on the topic of not extolling virtues, Trump ads make no mention of his.

Trump closed the border to China which Biden called xenophobic. Even though Trump knew the economy was the best part of his administration he closed the economy on the advice of scientists and doctors.

What's True

During a Feb. 28, 2020, campaign rally in South Carolina, President Donald Trump likened the Democrats' criticism of his administration's response to the new coronavirus outbreak to their efforts to impeach him, saying "this is their new hoax." During the speech he also seemed to downplay the severity of the outbreak, comparing it to the common flu.

What's False

Despite creating some confusion with his remarks, Trump did not call the coronavirus itself a hoax.

Of course Biden and every democrat is going to claim they would have handled this better, that and a dollar will buy you a cup of coffee. Personally I like Joe. I thought he always provided comical relief to the Obama administration. I believe he is an honest fellow at times too honest. Its clear Obama didn't believe Biden is up to the task and refused to endorse him until he didn't need his endorsement. I read that Obama once said, Never underestimate Joe's ability to F things up'. You have heard and seen Joe on the rare occasions he's allowed out. He gets easily frustrated and blows up. A reporter asks a question about whether he has taken a cognitive test since Joe himself brought it up. Joe lashes out and asks if the reporter has taken a cocaine test. Strange equivalency between the two but if he acted like he was on drugs they might test him.

Trump closed the border to China which Biden called xenophobic. Even though Trump knew the economy was the best part of his administration he closed the economy on the advice of scientists and doctors.

What's True

During a Feb. 28, 2020, campaign rally in South Carolina, President Donald Trump likened the Democrats' criticism of his administration's response to the new coronavirus outbreak to their efforts to impeach him, saying "this is their new hoax." During the speech he also seemed to downplay the severity of the outbreak, comparing it to the common flu.

What's False

Despite creating some confusion with his remarks, Trump did not call the coronavirus itself a hoax.

Of course Biden and every democrat is going to claim they would have handled this better, that and a dollar will buy you a cup of coffee. Personally I like Joe. I thought he always provided comical relief to the Obama administration. I believe he is an honest fellow at times too honest. Its clear Obama didn't believe Biden is up to the task and refused to endorse him until he didn't need his endorsement. I read that Obama once said, Never underestimate Joe's ability to F things up'. You have heard and seen Joe on the rare occasions he's allowed out. He gets easily frustrated and blows up. A reporter asks a question about whether he has taken a cognitive test since Joe himself brought it up. Joe lashes out and asks if the reporter has taken a cocaine test. Strange equivalency between the two but if he acted like he was on drugs they might test him.

Trump in his own words.

Last edited:
Trump in his own words.

Lots of peoples rhetoric (including Fauci and several liberal pundits) downplayed the significance of the virus. In reaction to Trump closing the border to China DeBlasio and Cuomo mocked it and encouraged folks to participate in close quarter events.

I take it you agree?

Psychopath Democrats are trying to steal the election through a mail in voting scam.

Can ANY Democrat here explain why mail in voting is necessary?

Back
Top Bottom