• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Says He'll Host G7 Summit at His Own Miami Resort

All fair, and I'd like to learn how Camp David, which has hosted 'G' summits before, stacks up against Doral venue in these regards.

Might be. Might not be. Dunno. Kinda keeping an open mind to both sides of this, not having formulated an opinion as of yet. Would like more information, actually.

But suffice it to say that it's not a emoluments clause issue, clearly, as there's no profit being made.

Speaking of Camp David, it was used in 2012 under Obama but it wasn't the first choice. Chicago was the first choice but it didn't work out.

I believe it was the last time we hosted a G-8 and now G-7 because Russia was kicked out.

Here is a list of the leaders of the countries at that time and the cabins they stayed in at Camp David that wasn't the administration's first choice.

Aspen Lodge (JFK Library)
President Obama - Aspen Lodge
French President Hollande - Birch cabin
Russian Prime Minister Medvedev - Dogwood cabin
German Chancellor Merkel - Red Oak cabin
British Prime Minister Cameron - Maple cabin
Canadian Prime Minister Harper - Rosebud cabin
EU Presidents Van Rompuy and Barroso - Hickory Lodge
Japanese Prime Minister Noda - Hawthorn cabin
Italian Prime Minister Monti - Southern Pine cabin

No leader except Merkel who is holding on by a fine line will be attending the next G-7 the U.S. hosts

Every host of the G-7 is expected to give a gift to other leaders. Obama gave each leader a leather jacket commemorating the Summit.
About Camp David: G8 Summit 2012 at Camp David

There are multiple leaders currently in the G-7 that love golf. Especially Abe of Japan. There's no golf course at Camp David.

Doral has 4 championship golf courses.

Speaking of Camp David, it was used in 2012 under Obama but it wasn't the first choice. Chicago was the first choice but it didn't work out.

I believe it was the last time we hosted a G-8 and now G-7 because Russia was kicked out.

Here is a list of the leaders of the countries at that time and the cabins they stayed in at Camp David that wasn't the administration's first choice.

No leader except Merkel who is holding on by a fine line will be attending the next G-7 the U.S. hosts

Every host of the G-7 is expected to give a gift to other leaders. Obama gave each leader a leather jacket commemorating the Summit.

There are multiple leaders currently in the G-7 that love golf. Especially Abe of Japan. There's no golf course at Camp David.

I can see that with the recent Japan / US trade deal, and affinity for golf would be a strong plus. Kinda makes sense.

There are lovely golf courses at many resorts throughout the country...resorts not under the ownership of the president....with better weather for golf. As if we are required to provide golf activities. Perhaps the foreign leaders might enjoy the arts? Or cultural experiences unique to the US?

We are fortunate to have a President as affluent as Trump.Had Obama hosted the event it would have been at Motel 6 or huts set up at Camp David.

:lamo

Your rationalization of mafia corruption and criminality isn't really surprising.

If you look at the location it makes perfect sense to have a G7 Summit there. First off it is just 8 minutes from the Miami International Airport. And once the world leaders arrive with their entourage at the Doral, there is no reason for them to have to travel anywhere else because it can accommodate all venues. That alone helps with the headache of security. From the airport to the Doral it is down 41 make a right and on the left is the resort.

Each foreign leader will have his/her own villa. The accommodations include top notch golf courses, a huge full service spa and salon, gorgeous ballroom for formal events, executive meeting rooms, beautiful pools, tennis courts, workout rooms, multiple places to dine including of course in-room dining.

There is plenty of room for all the press. The First Lady can coordinate activities for the other first ladies of things they are passionate about. Everything can be accomplished at the same location. They all check in and have no need to travel anywhere else until it is time to leave for the airport.

I have to admit that does sound very accommodating. But I heard the place is infested with bed bugs. But then maybe that's his plan to torture our allies with bug bites.

Is Trump National Doral Miami Infested With Bed Bugs?

All fair, and I'd like to learn how Camp David, which has hosted 'G' summits before, stacks up against Doral venue in these regards.

Might be. Might not be. Dunno. Kinda keeping an open mind to both sides of this, not having formulated an opinion as of yet. Would like more information, actually.

But suffice it to say that it's not a emoluments clause issue, clearly, as there's no profit being made.

You may not understand this so I'll try to explain it.
If you own a hotel and its normal occupancy rate is 20% for a certain time of the year, then you decide to give a charity rooms and services at cost for a week, thereby making the occupancy 100% for the charity event. That 100% occupancy rate just paid all your staff, and your loan for the month when normally you would need to dip into reserves. Thereby profit will be made.
Most golfers dont go to florida in June to golf, this event at Doral even if at cost will pad the Trump orgs pockets.
Sorry you can't see that.

If you own a hotel and its normal occupancy rate is 20% for a certain time of the year, then you decide to give a charity rooms and services at cost for a week, thereby making the occupancy 100% for the charity event. That 100% occupancy rate just paid all your staff, and your loan for the month when normally you would need to dip into reserves. Thereby profit will be made.
Most golfers dont go to florida in June to golf, this event at Doral even if at cost will pad the Trump orgs pockets.

So the issue isn't that the event is booked at that venue, it's the price. OK. Fair enough.

So the there's off season pricing? Off season discount rates?

There are fixed costs that need to be covered. So rather than the facility sitting idle, rather than the staff on unpaid furlough, if the off season pricing covers the fixed costs and are charged at that fixed cost, I'm really not seeing your issue here. Since its covering the cost and only the cost, where the profit? (Of course, we are assuming a lot here as to the financial arrangements which have not been made public).

What's the fair exchange? It would seem reasonable that the fixed costs of opening and staffing the facility, utilities etc, off season being taken into account, would be a fair price.

Not to mention the free advertising and prestige brought to the location. Trump will probably sell these properties and the event will increase the sale value.

Trump supporters simply don't care. They love their cult leader. Nothing else really matters to them. We're engaging in pointless absurd discussions with cult members.

Every rational person understands that it's wrong for POTUS to host the G7 at one of his properties. End of story.

What’s the Constitutional crisis here?

If repubs allow Trump to **** on the constitution, the constitution won't be worth more than a piece of paper.

The first step on the path to tyranny, is to render the constitution impotent.

The one thing that separates America from a country like Russia, is that we have a constitution and we uphold it, respect it, revere it.

The very word "constitute", means hold up, keep in place, embrace, embolden, build, etc.

Without it, it all falls down.

That fact that repubs are allowing Trump to get away with it, that's a crisis because of the impending consequence.

If they do, I shall don them the 'banana republicans' henceforth. I hope they do not.

:lamo:lamo:lamo

You think this will be done at cost?!!?

This particular facility is I financial trouble, this is trump trying to bail out another of his failures...

Yeah, the US government is lying to you and is going to close the facility for a week to host the G7 to make billions of dollars.

Grow up

For the rest of us who live in reality, The advance team made the decision for several reasons. We will save millions of dollars because everything is going to be done at cost.

How is providing his own property at cost a violation of the emoluments clause?

Because he will receive money for it.

The Constitution mentions nothing about profit. Foreign governments will pay him some amount and that's sufficient to violate the clause.

Last edited:
If you look at the location it makes perfect sense to have a G7 Summit there. First off it is just 8 minutes from the Miami International Airport. And once the world leaders arrive with their entourage at the Doral, there is no reason for them to have to travel anywhere else because it can accommodate all venues. That alone helps with the headache of security. From the airport to the Doral it is down 41 make a right and on the left is the resort.

Each foreign leader will have his/her own villa. The accommodations include top notch golf courses, a huge full service spa and salon, gorgeous ballroom for formal events, executive meeting rooms, beautiful pools, tennis courts, workout rooms, multiple places to dine including of course in-room dining.

There is plenty of room for all the press. The First Lady can coordinate activities for the other first ladies of things they are passionate about. Everything can be accomplished at the same location. They all check in and have no need to travel anywhere else until it is time to leave for the airport.

The resort doesn't make a dime and the employees keep working during what someone called...the slow months.

It's a win all around. Even for the economy.

The resort doesn't make a dime and the employees keep working during what someone called...the slow months.

It's a win all around. Even for the economy.

For those Trumptards that have not actually opened up a U.S. constitution and read it, I will provide the part in question here:

No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.
Article I, Section 9, Clause 8

There will be millions in cash flowing into Doral. How can you actually believe what the WH tells you is going to happen.

This will surely be an article of impeachment considering he's been doing it since he took the oath. There are law suits moving forward as we speak. This is most blatant in plain site violation of the constitution Trump has pulled yet. Think about what this really is. It's Trump awarding himself a multi-million dollar government contract. It's illegal. I am sure there will be quick litigation in the courts to stop this.

He clearly needs permission from congress and will not even ask for it.

Mulvaney mentioned Camp David a number of times in response to questions. The video below, at 7:49 is the first time. He was responding to a question about "the perfect place". From what he said...and none of the reporters disputed him...it was a "miserable" place to hold that kind of event.

For those Trumptards that have not actually opened up a U.S. constitution and read it, I will provide the part in question here:

No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State.
Article I, Section 9, Clause 8

There will be millions in cash flowing into Doral. How can you actually believe what the WH tells you is going to happen.

This will surely be an article of impeachment considering he's been doing it since he took the oath. There are law suits moving forward as we speak. This is most blatant in plain site violation of the constitution Trump has pulled yet. Think about what this really is. It's Trump awarding himself a multi-million dollar government contract. It's illegal. I am sure there will be quick litigation in the courts to stop this.

He clearly needs permission from congress and will not even ask for it.

Trump won't receive any "present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever" from anyone.

There may be "millions" flowing into Doral, but it'll all flow right out to pay for the expense of the event.

Now, The House Dems are free to add this to their list of nonsense about impeachment. Big deal.

Last edited:
Trump won't receive any "present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever" from anyone.

There may be "millions" flowing into Doral, but it'll all flow right out to pay for the expense of the event.

Now, The House Dems are free to add this to their list of nonsense about impeachment. Big deal.

How much of the Kool-Aid have you been drinking? Well, it is a big deal. You must want Trump to be impeached. Convicted or not, impeachment is a horrible stain on any presidents legacy.

Between the Ukraine scandal, the Syria screw-up and now the Doral debacle, he is well on his way to impeachment. If enough damning evidence comes from all these recent depositions, the GOP senators may actually realize that their duty is to the constitution and not to DT. I agree that at this time Trump has a good chance in the senate. Things are changing very rapidly. I give him a 50/50 chance.

How much of the Kool-Aid have you been drinking? Well, it is a big deal. You must want Trump to be impeached. Convicted or not, impeachment is a horrible stain on any presidents legacy.

Between the Ukraine scandal, the Syria screw-up and now the Doral debacle, he is well on his way to impeachment. If enough damning evidence comes from all these recent depositions, the GOP senators may actually realize that their duty is to the constitution and not to DT. I agree that at this time Trump has a good chance in the senate. Things are changing very rapidly. I give him a 50/50 chance.

I suggest you don't give up your day job and try to live off of gambling.

Yes, That is why so many of these events have been held there in the past.

This is a another government bailout of a failing business.

The Republican Tea Party types will never stand for this. Will they?

Remember, Trumpkin's primary argument for everything is that He as President has the right to do anything he pleases. As I have said from the start, he has simply taken the Nixon Watergate Coverup Argument and Trumpkinated it making it bigger adding more bluster and bravado. Sort of trying to sell us a combination of Nixon and Benito Mussolini.

The real danger here is that Trumpkin is destined to play this out to the bitter end or should I say the bottom of what is a bottomless pit. He will continue to try to pull to this inside straight no matter what it costs us, the citizens of the United States.

Nothing worth seeing here people, just corruption at the highest level Its not like you havent seen it before

Back
Top Bottom