• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Says He'll Host G7 Summit at His Own Miami Resort

Mulvaney mentioned Camp David a number of times in response to questions. The video below, at 7:49 is the first time. He was responding to a question about "the perfect place". From what he said...and none of the reporters disputed him...it was a "miserable" place to hold that kind of event.

To be fair and honest, there's an entire nation of venues to choose from, for one, and it's been stated that the event would be during the middle of hurricane season, for another.

Can you imagine if in the middle of the G7 summit, there's a hurricane making landfall there?

Then, you have to consider the optics, which aren't very good. On one hand complaining about the Biden, Kerry and Pelosi sons benefiting from their last names, and then to hold the G7 at a Trump property; someone in the administration needed to tell him 'No' to this one, I'm thinking.

To be fair and honest, there's an entire nation of venues to choose from, for one, and it's been stated that the event would be during the middle of hurricane season, for another.

Can you imagine if in the middle of the G7 summit, there's a hurricane making landfall there?

Then, you have to consider the optics, which aren't very good. On one hand complaining about the Biden, Kerry and Pelosi sons benefiting from their last names, and then to hold the G7 at a Trump property; someone in the administration needed to tell him 'No' to this one, I'm thinking.

Not to mention the heat and humidity in June down there.

They may as well hold it in death valley...

There is no possible way of justifying this this clear abuse of power...

I'll say one thing for Trump. He knew how stupid his base was. He knew it years ago. That's why he boasted about how he could commit murder in broad daylight and not lose a single vote.

And his supporters are so breathtakingly stupid that they didn't even realize that he was insulting them when he said that.

But he was right.

I watched some of the rally last night.

It was really disturbing.

The Stepford Wives came to mind. Pod people. The mind controlled.

He just repeated various entries from The Conservative Recent History Book. And they cheered orgasmicly.

It's basically how he got elected. He just said things conservatives have been conditioned to rage at, they raged, and here we are.

But gods it was a display of painful stupid ignorance.

It actually reminded me of a professional wrestling match more than anything else.

Not to mention the heat and humidity in June down there.

They may as well hold it in death valley...

There is no possible way of justifying this this clear abuse of power...

Meh, I'm not sure the facts would support going that far. A certainty is that it isn't a good idea though.

I'll leave the "optics" up to people who care about that stuff.

Yeah, the US government is lying to you and is going to close the facility for a week to host the G7 to make billions of dollars.

Grow up

No it trump who's lying, just as he did well, always...

Yeah, So all these federal government agencies, attorneys, and employees involved are all going to help in committing federal crimes but only you know better?

And what credentials do you have to make such a claim?

Why don't you put that question to Judge Napolitano, Fox's judicial consultant.

He's the one who made the assertion.

Nothing here but blind accusations and fake outrage over nothing

How about the fact that it's illegal for a government employee to award him or herself a government contract?

How about the fact that it's illegal for a government employee to award him or herself a government contract?

All these federal government lawyers and employees have no clue what they are doing but you are the enlightened one? I think not.

Why don't you put that question to Judge Napolitano, Fox's judicial consultant.

He's the one who made the assertion.

You guys never learn, do you.

You mean the same guy who got the Emoluments clause case wrong 3 times that no other judge agreed with?

The case was so weak that "it readily provokes the question of whether this action against the President is an appropriate use of the courts," said a unanimous three-judge panel of the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals, based in Virginia. The ruling was the third defeat for claims against President Trump based on the Constitution's emolument clauses.

Appeals court dismisses emoluments clause case against Trump involving Washington hotel

FAIL (AGAIN)

You guys never learn, do you.

You mean the same guy who got the Emoluments clause case wrong 3 times that no other judge agreed with?

Appeals court dismisses emoluments clause case against Trump involving Washington hotel

FAIL (AGAIN)

You should do your homework before you stick your foot in your mouth.

Those were passive, where Trump did not control the saudis, etc., i.e., they were equivocal

But with G7, this is direct unequivocal involvement where Trump is dealing himself a government contract during the slow season in order to prop up Doral, which has been suffering financially.

Apparently you never learned to make distinctions where they are important and significant.

I'll leave the "optics" up to people who care about that stuff.

Kinda hard to deny that optics are part of politics the same way that it's hard to deny that optics is not certainly NOT part of the law.

You should do your homework before you stick your foot in your mouth.

Those were passive, where Trump did not control the saudis, etc., i.e., they were equivocal

But with G7, this is direct unequivocal involvement where Trump is dealing himself a government contract during the slow season in order to prop up Doral, which has been suffering financially.

Apparently you never learned to make distinctions where they are important and significant.

So the federal government attorneys, employees, and the advance committee who selected Doral have all agreed to commit federal crimes
OR
You are the only enlightened one?

lol

So the federal government attorneys, employees, and the advance committee who selected Doral have all agreed to commit federal crimes
OR
You are the only enlightened one?

lol

None of those persons for hire don't have to worry about violating emoluments clause, it is the president who violates emoluments. The constitution on emoluments pertains to the president.

ANd quite a few legal experts assert that it is a point blank violation of the constitution, people who are not being hired.

Apparently you are not enlightened enough to sort that one out.

None of those persons for hire don't have to worry about violating emoluments clause, it is the president who violates emoluments. The constitution on emoluments pertains to the president.

ANd quite a few legal experts assert that it is a point blank violation of the constitution, people who are not being hired.

Apparently you are not enlightened enough to sort that one out.

Surely even Democrats know if you assist someone in the commission of a crime you would be charged as an accomplice, aiding and abetting, or an accessory.

This is why people don't believe all these Democrat theories. They just have no clue but are so quick to make statements about legal matters that never make any sense and never have the support of anything factual in law.

Surely even Democrats know if you assist someone in the commission of a crime you would be charged as an accomplice, aiding and abetting, or an accessory.

This is why people don't believe all these Democrat theories. They just have no clue but are so quick to make statements about legal matters that never make any sense and never have the support of anything factual in law.

LOL! Self-dealing and profiting from the office of the POTUS is clearly illegal.

That you can't emotionally accept that won't change a thing about it.

Wrong again, impeachment is not a criminal procedure, and the rules of criminal procedure do not apply, REMEMBER?

Wrong again, impeachment is not a criminal procedure, and the rules of criminal procedure do not apply, REMEMBER?

So in your mind its perfectly legal to help anyone violate the constitution. Good to know.

So in your mind its perfectly legal to help anyone violate the constitution. Good to know.

This folks, is a text book example of your classic strawman argument.

Congratulations.

This folks, is a text book example of your classic strawman argument.

Congratulations.

Really, I thought we were discussing assisting the president in the commission of a crime.

My post was

And you call that a strawman argument?

Most would call that an obvious attempt at running from the conversation because you don't have an answer and got cornered.

Kind of like when you got cornered on your post about only 4 Democrats were ever convicted of crimes and I gave you a short list of about 30 and you ran from that argument as well.

But we have all become used to Liberal tactics. This is what they do we they get called out on BS.

You remember this cute little meme you posted, right? Or did you think I forgot?

repubconvictions.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom