• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Says He'll Host G7 Summit at His Own Miami Resort

Napolitano is not a liberal

I wasn't talking about Napolitano. I am talking about the hundreds of Constitutional claims made by Liberals every day and how much they claim what is illegal over and over and never can find a judge to support the continuing idiocy.

Read my message #99, but this meeting will cost the tax payers millions because of the security upgrades needed to hold the conference there and we will pay for that.

Bulls**t. Now you are trying to claim the other commercial locations all have federal security protocols in place and in no need of anything? Please

You are trying to tell me the one place the president has visited dozens of times with the Secret Service and all their protocols to include heads of state is not up to par but locations they have never been are?

The advance team who selected the location stated the exact opposite and made the statement that it was absolutely the most perfect location and set up properly for their needs.

Stop with the guessing. You have no clue what security protocols are in place.

Are you that uninformed. It will cost the US tax payer millions, yes millions. The cost of upgrading the place to meet security standards for such a conference will run into many millions and it will be paid for by us, the taxpayers. Not only that but to build sufficient housing may also be covered by us aand that could add to the tab. And Trump does nothing without a profit. And then if you ever read the constitution, you would see that accepting "any" payment from a foreign country violates the constitution. It does not require there to be a profit, just any payment. Of course we realize that Trumpsters do not care if Trump violates the laws of this country,

Sorry, your guess means nothing. You have no clue. ANd explain to me what all these upgrades are in a place where the president already visits month after month.

What housing are you talking about and what locations have the proper security protocols in place and all this necessary housing the advance team decided not to use.

Bulls**t. Now you are trying to claim the other commercial locations all have federal security protocols in place and in no need of anything? Please

You are trying to tell me the one place the president has visited dozens of times with the Secret Service and all their protocols to include heads of state is not up to par but locations they have never been are?

The advance team who selected the location stated the exact opposite and made the statement that it was absolutely the most perfect location and set up properly for their needs.

You are the one full of bull****. You should go beyond watching Fox and listening to the president. Every time one of these meetings is held upgrades are made. We have already spent millions at his Florida destination. Trumpsters do not care if Trump steals from the US as they are too busy bowing at his alter.

Sorry, your guess means nothing. You have no clue. ANd explain to me what all these upgrades are in a place where the president already visits month after month.

What housing are you talking about and what locations have the proper security protocols in place and all this necessary housing the advance team decided not to use.

They have onl two sweets at his plce and I do not see the leaders of the G7 staying in double rooms.

Oh I do think the resort will lose revenue during the time leading up to and throughout the Summit. The entire complex will be closed to the public. No golf tournaments, no corporate conferences, no weddings.....etc. but on the other hand having the Summit there will cut the cost to the taxpayers by half.
Nonsense. Who said the entire property would be closed to the public? What actual evidence is there that holding the ‘20 G7 meeting at Trump’s failing Doral resort will save taxpayers any money?

Holding the ‘20 G7 summit at Doral will bring in tens of millions of dollars and be a pr boost to the failing resort.

Nobody who’s aware of Trump’s documented shady business history of ripping off contractors/vendors, lying about profits and property values, and lost litigation is going to be fooled by his bull**** now. Well, nobody but gullible Trumpsters.

So the issue isn't that the event is booked at that venue, it's the price. OK. Fair enough.

So the there's off season pricing? Off season discount rates?

There are fixed costs that need to be covered. So rather than the facility sitting idle, rather than the staff on unpaid furlough, if the off season pricing covers the fixed costs and are charged at that fixed cost, I'm really not seeing your issue here. Since its covering the cost and only the cost, where the profit? (Of course, we are assuming a lot here as to the financial arrangements which have not been made public).

What's the fair exchange? It would seem reasonable that the fixed costs of opening and staffing the facility, utilities etc, off season being taken into account, would be a fair price.

No price would be fair. Unless President had completely divested himself of his business. I'm sorry you can't see that as the overwhelming problem and your quibbling over cost.

Not to mention the free advertising and prestige brought to the location. Trump will probably sell these properties and the event will increase the sale value.

Trump supporters simply don't care. They love their cult leader. Nothing else really matters to them. We're engaging in pointless absurd discussions with cult members.

Every rational person understands that it's wrong for POTUS to host the G7 at one of his properties. End of story.

What I find really funny is none of the people here supporting this have asked themselves if this is the best location for world leaders to meet why hasn't it been done before he was ever president?
Hell Doral has been around a long time why wasn't it ever chosen before Trump owned it?

They have onl two sweets at his plce and I do not see the leaders of the G7 staying in double rooms.

Sweets huh, you mean suites. You mean like a few thousand they have. You have no clue what your talking about dude. This isn't a motel 6.

You are the one full of bull****. You should go beyond watching Fox and listening to the president. Every time one of these meetings is held upgrades are made. We have already spent millions at his Florida destination. Trumpsters do not care if Trump steals from the US as they are too busy bowing at his alter.

Coming from a guy who thinks hotels have sweets, and has no clue the secret service have been using that location for 3 years, I think I will take the advance teams word on it.

What remedy does the constitution have for repubs in senate allowing the president to violate the constitution with impunity?

I'd say there is a constitutional crisis when the government disregards it. There is no recourse but to pray the voters save us.

The voters didn't save germany. Funny thing about voters, the most powerful orator, good or bad, usually wins. There is no protection from such a thing.

The original design of the EC was supposed to save us from someone like Trump, but it was gutted a long time ago.

Vote them out of office. As I said the remedies are there whether people choose to use them or not doesn’t bear on whether we’re in a Constitutional crisis or not. Nor does the fact that you personally disagree.

Want to know what a real Constitutional crisis would look like? One from our own history is the succession of John Tyler to the Presidency after the death of William Henry Harrison. The Constitution was unclear as to whether the VP was only an acting President or actually assumed the office. It took a Congressional resolution followed by the 25th amendment to address that crisis.

Vote them out of office. As I said the remedies are there whether people choose to use them or not doesn’t bear on whether we’re in a Constitutional crisis or not. Nor does the fact that you personally disagree.

Want to know what a real Constitutional crisis would look like? One from our own history is the succession of John Tyler to the Presidency after the death of William Henry Harrison. The Constitution was unclear as to whether the VP was only an acting President or actually assumed the office. It took a Congressional resolution followed by the 25th amendment to address that crisis.

Trump is wholly unfit to hold the office. He cannot be allowed to be the nominee. THat is my view.

He is doing long lasting damage to America's standing in the world, and is a threat to US national security.

I'll concede your point on constitutional crisis, I really don't know.

The cost is irrelevant. A goverment official cannot award a government contract to himself. "I'm not making a profit" is not a defense.

What I find really funny is none of the people here supporting this have asked themselves if this is the best location for world leaders to meet why hasn't it been done before he was ever president?
Hell Doral has been around a long time why wasn't it ever chosen before Trump owned it?

It's because everyone knows this is wrong. Trump supporters just don't care and trying to rationalize this. Why? I don't know. Who are they trying to convince that it's a mere coincidence that a Trump property is chosen to host the G7 event?

The cost is irrelevant. A goverment official cannot award a government contract to himself. "I'm not making a profit" is not a defense.

Right, so nobody in the federal government involved with this is aware its some criminal act but only you know better?

And what credentials do you have to make such a claim that all these people are unaware of?

Can’t they just buy more candies, chocolates and pastries? That should be pretty inexpensive.

I wasn't talking about Napolitano. I am talking about the hundreds of Constitutional claims made by Liberals every day and how much they claim what is illegal over and over and never can find a judge to support the continuing idiocy.

Fine, but this thread is about the current G7 choice for Doral. No president in history has so blatantly dealt himself a large government contract.

Whatever equivocal claims made by dems cannot be compared to this one, it's false comparison all the way.

This one is unequivocal and in your face violation of Emoluments.

Fine, but this thread is about the current G7 choice for Doral. No president in history has so blatantly dealt himself a large government contract.

Whatever equivocal claims made by dems cannot be compared to this one, it's false comparison all the way.

This one is unequivocal and in your face violation of Emoluments.

Yeah, So all these federal government agencies, attorneys, and employees involved are all going to help in committing federal crimes but only you know better?

And what credentials do you have to make such a claim?

Really, Open and shut? Then you explain how Liberals got crushed in the last ruling where a Trump Hotel is making a profit and in this case he is shutting down the hotel, losing profits, and only charging the cost, saving this country millions.

Go ahead, I would love to hear this

They were equivocal, this one is in your face unequivocal.

That is the difference.

The budget is what, in the trillions? Saving a "few million" is insignificant compared to the damage defecating on the constitution will accomplish.

Moreover, there is no evidence there will be any savings. Doral has only 2 presidential suites, so what are the odds Trump is going to use this as an opportunity to upgrade and overindulge.

If you so were damn concerned about saving "millions", why are you not bitching that Trump has spent more taxpayer dollars golfing than any president in history.

Trump Golf Count it's over $100,000,000 so far.

Hmmmmmm?

Are your ears working now?

They were equivocal, this one is in your face unequivocal.

That is the difference.

The budget is what, in the trillions? Saving a "few million" is insignificant compared to the damage defecating on the constitution will accomplish.

Moreover, there is no evidence there will be any savings. Doral has only 2 presidential suites, so what are the odds Trump is going to use this as an opportunity to upgrade and overindulge.

If you so were damn concerned about saving "millions", why are you not bitching that Trump has spent more taxpayer dollars golfing than any president in history.

Trump Golf Count it's over $100,000,000 so far.

Hmmmmmm?

Are your ears working now?

Nothing here but blind accusations and fake outrage over nothing

Trump is wholly unfit to hold the office. He cannot be allowed to be the nominee. THat is my view.

He is doing long lasting damage to America's standing in the world, and is a threat to US national security.

I'll concede your point on constitutional crisis, I really don't know.

FWIW I agree completely. He’s unfit and dangerous. He can’t leave the public sector soon enough.

Last edited:
For all of you that say this is nothing.
Would this be okay if Johnson, Kennedy or Carter was doing it?
I'm not asking about Clinton or Obama because I want to go back to before we hated each other for strictly political views.
Would it have been okay for them?

I'll say one thing for Trump. He knew how stupid his base was. He knew it years ago. That's why he boasted about how he could commit murder in broad daylight and not lose a single vote.

And his supporters are so breathtakingly stupid that they didn't even realize that he was insulting them when he said that.

But he was right.

What you say may be true but that is not a “Constitutional Crisis.” A Constitutional crisis occurs when something happens that the Constitution has no remedy for. While you may disagree with the Republican stance wrt to Trump and impeachment they are following the Constitution. And if they don’t convict we still have the ability to toss him out at the next election.

Ok.....

As always you don't know what your talking about, trump has visited coral once, not dozen's of times.

President Trump finally visits his Doral resort in Miami | Miami Herald

Back
Top Bottom