• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Says He'll Host G7 Summit at His Own Miami Resort

Mulvaney mentioned Camp David a number of times in response to questions. The video below, at 7:49 is the first time. He was responding to a question about "the perfect place". From what he said...and none of the reporters disputed him...it was a "miserable" place to hold that kind of event.

Yes, because Camp David and Trump Doral are the only 2 places in the country to host the G7.

ANYONE who insists the president has "lost" wealth or won't gain it from this is insane. Trump has already proven he manipulates values to give the appearance of being destitute. This is a CLEAR violation of the emoluments clause, AND, Mulvaney has this to say: "Too bad."

FFS this is a goddamned joke.

For the rest of us who live in reality, The advance team made the decision for several reasons. We will save millions of dollars because everything is going to be done at cost.

How is providing his own property at cost a violation of the emoluments clause?

Judge Napolitano explains it

Yes, because Camp David and Trump Doral are the only 2 places in the country to host the G7.

Did you even watch the video? If you did, you wouldn't say stupid **** like this.

Did you even watch the video? If you did, you wouldn't say stupid **** like this.

Yes, I watched the video. And I'm not the one posting here who hates the Constitution and is cheering on the President violating it. That's you.

Yes, I watched the video. And I'm not the one posting here who hates the Constitution and is cheering on the President violating it. That's you.

No, you are the one making **** up that wasn't in the video.

Moving on...

The resort doesn't make a dime and the employees keep working during what someone called...the slow months.

It's a win all around. Even for the economy.

Oh I do think the resort will lose revenue during the time leading up to and throughout the Summit. The entire complex will be closed to the public. No golf tournaments, no corporate conferences, no weddings.....etc. but on the other hand having the Summit there will cut the cost to the taxpayers by half.

If repubs allow Trump to **** on the constitution, the constitution won't be worth more than a piece of paper.

The first step on the path to tyranny, is to render the constitution impotent.

The one thing that separates America from a country like Russia, is that we have a constitution and we uphold it, respect it, revere it.

The very word "constitute", means hold up, keep in place, embrace, embolden, build, etc.

Without it, it all falls down.

That fact that repubs are allowing Trump to get away with it, that's a crisis because of the impending consequence.

If they do, I shall don them the 'banana republicans' henceforth. I hope they do not.

What you say may be true but that is not a “Constitutional Crisis.” A Constitutional crisis occurs when something happens that the Constitution has no remedy for. While you may disagree with the Republican stance wrt to Trump and impeachment they are following the Constitution. And if they don’t convict we still have the ability to toss him out at the next election.

A violation of the Emoluments Clause.

Likely. But violating the Constitution and a Constitutional crisis are different beasts. A crisis would involve a situation that the Constitution doesn’t address which would mean we have no roadmap for dealing with it.

If Trump is violating the Emoulments Clause he can be sued and forced to stop. He can be removed from office. He can be voted out of office. We have Constitutional solutions to this problem even if people decide not to pursue them.

Judge Napolitano explains it

Wasn't he the same idiot who claimed the Emoluments clause case going before the court would find Trump guilty? But the REAL judges stated,

The case was so weak that "it readily provokes the question of whether this action against the President is an appropriate use of the courts," said a unanimous three-judge panel of the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals, based in Virginia.

Napolitano is a hack and always has been. He is the same hack that said the DOJ would charge Trump in the newest Impeachment claims stating Trump received a monetary value from Ukraine but the DOJ and the FBI stated no such Monetary value existed. All Napolitano is good for is making hate Trump news. Even his own colleges never agree with him.

Appeals court dismisses emoluments clause case against Trump involving Washington hotel

Because he will receive money for it.

The Constitution mentions nothing about profit. Foreign governments will pay him some amount and that's sufficient to violate the clause.

I just love how Liberals make up their own ideas of what the constitution says only to be crushed every time when their idiotic claims get in front of a Judge.

In your face....love it!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Yeah televised crime is awesome, that is why for a while Cops was a vastly popular show.

I just love how Liberals make up their own ideas of what the constitution says only to be crushed every time when their idiotic claims get in front of a Judge.

Napolitano is not a liberal

Wasn't he the same idiot who claimed the Emoluments clause case going before the court would find Trump guilty? But the REAL judges stated,

The case was so weak that "it readily provokes the question of whether this action against the President is an appropriate use of the courts," said a unanimous three-judge panel of the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals, based in Virginia.

Napolitano is a hack and always has been. He is the same hack that said the DOJ would charge Trump in the newest Impeachment claims stating Trump received a monetary value from Ukraine but the DOJ and the FBI stated no such Monetary value existed. All Napolitano is good for is making hate Trump news. Even his own colleges never agree with him.

Appeals court dismisses emoluments clause case against Trump involving Washington hotel

This one is not equivocal, it's open and shut.

Trump doesn't even try to hide it anymore. Open and in-your-face corruption and conflict-of-interest.

230889.png

In your face....love it!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I find it interesting that Trumpsters like to see Trump viiolate the Constitution. It is remarkable.

The Republican Tea Party types will never stand for this. Will they?

If by that you mean, they will book their rooms early to be there to hob-nob, yeah sure, they won't stand for it.

What you say may be true but that is not a “Constitutional Crisis.” A Constitutional crisis occurs when something happens that the Constitution has no remedy for. While you may disagree with the Republican stance wrt to Trump and impeachment they are following the Constitution. And if they don’t convict we still have the ability to toss him out at the next election.

What remedy does the constitution have for repubs in senate allowing the president to violate the constitution with impunity?

I'd say there is a constitutional crisis when the government disregards it. There is no recourse but to pray the voters save us.

The voters didn't save germany. Funny thing about voters, the most powerful orator, good or bad, usually wins. There is no protection from such a thing.

The original design of the EC was supposed to save us from someone like Trump, but it was gutted a long time ago.

This one is not equivocal, it's open and shut.

Really, Open and shut? Then you explain how Liberals got crushed in the last ruling where a Trump Hotel is making a profit and in this case he is shutting down the hotel, losing profits, and only charging the cost, saving this country millions.

Go ahead, I would love to hear this

For the rest of us who live in reality, The advance team made the decision for several reasons. We will save millions of dollars because everything is going to be done at cost.

How is providing his own property at cost a violation of the emoluments clause?

Are you that uninformed. It will cost the US tax payer millions, yes millions. The cost of upgrading the place to meet security standards for such a conference will run into many millions and it will be paid for by us, the taxpayers. Not only that but to build sufficient housing may also be covered by us aand that could add to the tab. And Trump does nothing without a profit. And then if you ever read the constitution, you would see that accepting "any" payment from a foreign country violates the constitution. It does not require there to be a profit, just any payment. Of course we realize that Trumpsters do not care if Trump violates the laws of this country,

Really, Open and shut? Then you explain how Liberals got crushed in the last ruling where a Trump Hotel is making a profit and in this case he is shutting down the hotel, losing profits, and only charging the cost, saving this country millions.

Go ahead, I would love to hear this

Read my message #99, but this meeting will cost the tax payers millions because of the security upgrades needed to hold the conference there and we will pay for that.

Back
Top Bottom