• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump says he will not give State of the Union until after shutdown ends

Look...... I have not had the idea that SOTU's are consequential in 25 years....I barely care.

Yep...0 to douchebag in 6 tweets. Pretty impressive, I'll give him that.

Give a guy credit where he deserves it, and error on the side of giving more credit than deserved.

This has been a Life Lesson from Hawkeye.

:2wave:

If he were a smart politician, he'd have taken the higher ground, waited this out, and then made her look really small for it during the rescheduled SotU with her standing right behind him. Too late now, he already went down to her level by canceling that flight.
To say Trump is "going down to someone's level", is a pretty tough call for a guy as low as Trump. I see it more as she can beat him at his level, as low as he's willing go.

But I must admit: When she sent her "lack of House security" letter to Trump the other day, I thought she may have overplayed her hand. But it seems not; this is the new low we've reached.

But I must admit: When she sent her "lack of House security" letter to Trump the other day, I thought she may have overplayed her hand. But it seems not; this is the new low we've reached.
Yes, they're abusing the power we've granted them by using it to play petty little games.

To say Trump is "going down to someone's level", is a pretty tough call for a guy as low as Trump. I see it more as she can beat him at his level, as low as he's willing go.

I do understand her going to his level on this and just this once I approve.

Not only is trump holding the whole country hostage, he put polosis life in danger by announcing to the world her travel plans into hostile territory.

If I were her I would take that pretty frickin personal...

Trump now says that Pelosi is preventing him from speaking to the American people while he's speaking to the American people...

Oh and how patriotic. Hannity offered him a special Hannity hour.

SOTU are boring things. I can't remember ever watching a single one. I wish they would just go back to sending the SOTU address to congress in writing as it was done pre-Woodrow Wilson. Once Wilson gave his orally, the SOTU fluctuated between written and Oral until FDR. Beginning with FDR all the SOTU addresses were orally in front of congress.

Just send the darn thing in writing to congress and be done with it.

Four pages, and not one "Attaboy, Trump, you really showed them!"

Not even a "Here's a Democrat who did something sort of similar once."

No defense for Trump at all?

Yes, but you're speaking in general terms. In this specific incident, Trump is holding a losing hand. The best he can do is bluff, or go down swinging until he hits the mat.

I've often heard that one of the most important life skills is knowing which battles to fight, and which to walk away from. This shutdown would seem to be a prime example of this theory.

FWIW, your above remarks inspired me to create a thread discussing not the "transactional" factors pertaining to the SOTU address contretemps, but rather the strategic factors, along with a brief mention of an ominous implication accruing from what we've seen in how Trump has handled the SOTU address kerfuffle. Please construe the OP of that thread as my reply to your comments above.

Laura Ingraham is first out the gate with saying POTUS made bad move. When the fork will these people realize, he sucks at the President thing?

And when will they realize their comments are causing hardship for people by causing the president to do stupid things while they rake in millions?

Last edited:
If he were a smart politician, he'd have taken the higher ground, waited this out, and then made her look really small for it during the rescheduled SotU with her standing right behind him. Too late now, he already went down to her level by canceling that flight.

But he's not a politician and nor is he smart. I would wager he's probably the dumbest president in modern times. Totally incompetent and his own worst enemy due to his big mouth and ego. And he's also a sociopath, a narcissist and a serial liar.

Give a guy credit where he deserves it, and error on the side of giving more credit than deserved.

This has been a Life Lesson from Hawkeye.

:2wave:

Why would anyone do anything that stupid?

It seems the women rule Trump's mind.

1. Ivanka Trump
2. Hope Hicks
3. Melania Trump
4. Stormy Daniels
5. Nancy Pelosi

How could you forget Anne Coulter?

I do understand her going to his level on this and just this once I approve.

Not only is trump holding the whole country hostage, he put polosis life in danger by announcing to the world her travel plans into hostile territory.

If I were her I would take that pretty frickin personal...
Yeah, I'm torn on this. Obviously Trump has put the country in a place requiring drastic measures. I guess the term, "fight fire with fire", might apply.

FWIW, your above remarks inspired me to create a thread discussing not the "transactional" factors pertaining to the SOTU address contretemps, but rather the strategic factors, along with a brief mention of an ominous implication accruing from what we've seen in how Trump has handled the SOTU address kerfuffle. Please construe the OP of that thread as my reply to your comments above.
Heh, I've inspired many to do way worse!

Thanks, I'll hit-up your thread when I catch-up on my replies from yesterday.

Trump responded in a gentlemanly fashion to the childishness of the democrat woman figure head. Good for Trump.

No he didn’t. He said he was gonna do the state of the union anyway. Then someone told him “no actually Pelosi really does decide whether you get to do that.” Then he caved and bitched on Twitter.

Quite frankly, Pelosi did him a favor. Him standing in front of Congress and doing his usual “everything’s great, so much winning” while the ****ing government isn’t open would have looked bad for him.

Heh, I've inspired many to do way worse!

Thanks, I'll hit-up your thread when I catch-up on my replies from yesterday.

Red:
LOL

Blue:
There's no rush, and as you may imagine, my response is, by DP standards, a long one. (It's just a normal length post as go Xelor posts. LOL)

No he didn’t. He said he was gonna do the state of the union anyway. Then someone told him “no actually Pelosi really does decide whether you get to do that.” Then he caved and bitched on Twitter.

Quite frankly, Pelosi did him a favor. Him standing in front of Congress and doing his usual “everything’s great, so much winning” while the ****ing government isn’t open would have looked bad for him.

Trump showed himself a gentleman, regardless of what cheerleaders for the Pelosinut claim to the contrary.

Back
Top Bottom