• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump says he told Sarah Sanders ‘not to bother’ with press briefings, blaming inaccurate coverage

Common Sense 1

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
The big question is What will Jimmy Acosta do?
There are many other ways to get the message/news out to the public today.

Trump says he told Sarah Sanders ‘not to bother’ with press briefings, blaming inaccurate coverage

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-says-he-told-sarah-sanders-not-to-bother-with-press-briefings-over-inaccurate-coverage

President Trump on Tuesday said he told Sarah Sanders “not to bother” giving press briefings, citing inaccurate coverage, as the White House press secretary continues her longest stretch away from the podium.

“The reason Sarah Sanders does not go to the ‘podium’ much anymore is that the press covers her so rudely & inaccurately, in particular certain members of the press. I told her not to bother, the word gets out anyway! Most will never cover us fairly & hence, the term, Fake News!” Trump tweeted.

I understand his point, given the media’s recent difficulties with reporting the real facts instead of pushing their own narrative, but this is the wrong way to combat it. The press briefings also give any administration the opportunity to communicate its policies to the public and transcripts are always available for the public to review.

"Fox News" is a fake news station. Come up with a better source.

"Fox News" is a fake news station. Come up with a better source.

The source was a Tweet directly from the POTUS - come up with a better excuse for not addressing the topic.

"I want to be allowed to lie without anyone calling me out on it! Waaaaah"

:roll:

I mean, fine, no more press briefings. It's not like the stuff she says is worth listening to anyway. Papers are perfectly capable of researching executive and legislative actions. They have to anyway, for example, when Trump lies about what a great compromise on the shutdown he caused he's offered and papers respond by go looking at the actual draft being discussed and what it really contains.

That's good. Most of us don't want to watch his lackeys lie their asses off anyway.

I understand his point, given the media’s recent difficulties with reporting the real facts instead of pushing their own narrative, but this is the wrong way to combat it. The press briefings also give any administration the opportunity to communicate its policies to the public and transcripts are always available for the public to review.

Haven't the rare press briefings been covered on multiple networks live?

The source was a Tweet directly from the POTUS - come up with a better excuse for not addressing the topic.

An even better reason then that this is a nothing burger story.

The big question is What will Jimmy Acosta do?
There are many other ways to get the message/news out to the public today.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-says-he-told-sarah-sanders-not-to-bother-with-press-briefings-over-inaccurate-coverage

President Trump on Tuesday said he told Sarah Sanders “not to bother” giving press briefings, citing inaccurate coverage, as the White House press secretary continues her longest stretch away from the podium.

“The reason Sarah Sanders does not go to the ‘podium’ much anymore is that the press covers her so rudely & inaccurately, in particular certain members of the press. I told her not to bother, the word gets out anyway! Most will never cover us fairly & hence, the term, Fake News!” Trump tweeted.

The president does realize there's instant replay where we can actually watch and listen to what's happening? Or are we now at the point we don't get that any longer, now we get a 'corrected report' put out to all news agencies?

Haven't the rare press briefings been covered on multiple networks live?

I believe so, but that doesn’t stop the various news outlets from only showing snippets later to support whatever narrative they’re pushing.

I believe so, but that doesn’t stop the various news outlets from only showing snippets later to support whatever narrative they’re pushing.

The public demands 24/7 coverage of everything, right down to that bear that was on someone's porch for half an hour this morning. They literally do not have the time to serve you the product you want AND always show full briefings.

Nobody wants to see that fat obese Sarah Sandbags babbling her bull**** anyway...Good Riddance

The public demands 24/7 coverage of everything, right down to that bear that was on someone's porch for half an hour this morning. They literally do not have the time to serve you the product you want AND always show full briefings.

All I want is an honest representation of the issues without the bias of whoever creates the piece.

How sad. And all those lies she told - we will all miss them.

Of course, he will continue Tweeting from his toilet.

This has got to be the most childish administration ever. Ever. In any country's history.

Thanks goodness George W. Bush wasn't this much of a coward when he was one of the most vilified men in the world, forget this country.

All I want is an honest representation of the issues without the bias of whoever creates the piece.

That's different than no snippets. You'll also never get it. The best one can do is stick to a mix of print news, preferably not the loonier ones like salon or breitbart.

NYT, WSJ, WaPo, Foxnews.com......you get a decent sense from adding up what each do and do not say. Opinion pieces generally to be avoided, but not always.

:shrug:

The biggest liar we've ever had as president telling the Press Secretary to not hold briefings while he takes orders from Fox and Ann..

Kind of makes sense doesn't it?

Back
Top Bottom