• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trump says he thinks 2020 election will end up at Supreme Court

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump said on Wednesday he thinks the 2020 election will end up at the U.S. Supreme Court, adding that is why it was important to have nine justices.

Trump, speaking at an event at the White House, said Republican Senator Lindsey Graham, who chairs the Senate Judiciary Committee, would not even have to hold a hearing for the Supreme Court nominee and that the process would go quickly.

“I think this will end up in the Supreme Court and I think it’s very important that we have nine justices,” Trump said when asked if a full complement of justices was needed to handle any challenges to the Nov. 3 election between him and Democrat Joe Biden.
==========================================================
This is why he is in such a rush to put a hyper-conservative justice in Ginsburg's spot. So much for democracy. RIP.

I feel like all this might work and trump will succeed in stealing the election.

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump said on Wednesday he thinks the 2020 election will end up at the U.S. Supreme Court, adding that is why it was important to have nine justices.

Trump, speaking at an event at the White House, said Republican Senator Lindsey Graham, who chairs the Senate Judiciary Committee, would not even have to hold a hearing for the Supreme Court nominee and that the process would go quickly.

“I think this will end up in the Supreme Court and I think it’s very important that we have nine justices,” Trump said when asked if a full complement of justices was needed to handle any challenges to the Nov. 3 election between him and Democrat Joe Biden.
This is why he is in such a rush to put a hyper-conservative justice in Ginsburg's spot. So much for democracy. RIP.

Did anyone ask him to explain why it was okay to have eight justices when he was elected in 2016?

What Trump actually said is that he would not guarantee the orderly and peaceful transfer of power.

That’s a former giving. If asked the instant answer is, ‘Sure. Yes.’

Trump said he wasn’t sure and put conditions on it that basically stated (paraphrased) ‘If I win it’s not a problem as I’ll be transferring power to myself, but if I lose it’s a rigged system and I can’t promise anything.”

That’s not good.

That only Romney immediately responded with, “That’t not appropriate or acceptable.”, puts Romney in a good light but points to just how much fear of Trump has corroded the Republican brand. It should have been a whiplash of. “Wait a minute, Trump’s our guy and all but none of us stand behind that comment. I’m sure he’ll be retracting that soon.”

That didn’t happen, so not good.

He could be right. With the mail in balloting initiative and all of it's myriad of problems, and Hillary already telling Biden not to concede a close election, it could very well wind up going to the supreme court. If it does, we don't need 8 justices. There are supposed to be 9 for a reason.

He could be right. With the mail in balloting initiative and all of it's myriad of problems, and Hillary already telling Biden not to concede a close election, it could very well wind up going to the supreme court. If it does, we don't need 8 justices. There are supposed to be 9 for a reason.
Why do courts ever need to be involved? They got involved in 2000 but that was a razor close election. 2020 is expected to be a runaway for Biden

Considering that there were only eight in 2016, your position is flawed.

I feel like all this might work and trump will succeed in stealing the election.

I don't know why it would not work.

Trump will remain president and the average American will think he won the election and that the left are but sore losers.

Truth and facts have neatly been buried alive under Trump.

Why was the risk fine in 2016?

Why do courts ever need to be involved? They got involved in 2000 but that was a razor close election. 2020 is expected to be a runaway for Biden
And 2016 was expected to be a runaway for... oops!

You believe trump can challenge the entire election even though he lost both the popular and EC vote and get away with it?
Not gonna happen and be allowed to stand in the US, the People would Revolt and nothing could save him from them.

Trump will challenge the results no matter how badly he loses, count on it.

Trump will challenge the results no matter how badly he loses, count on it.
with a strong majority in the SC, he might succeed is stopping votes from being counted. Think 2000 except a few votes prevented from being counted, it will be millions.

If it is such a runaway then why has Hillary told Biden not to concede a close election? But, if you are correct about it being a runaway then with the virus and all the left don't really need to be energized to get out and vote. Stay home and watch the results election night.

But the 2016 was a no contest election. Hillary hadn't even prepared a concession speech. There was no way that Trump could win.

Why was the risk fine in 2016?
What risk? Hillary had the election in the bag. There was no way that Trump could win. Hillary didn't even bother writing a concession speech.

Not really. however it could have been an issue with the clinton not accepting the election results.
even to this day she hasn't accepted the election results and is not encouraging joe biden to not accept
the election results.

i bet you are just morally outraged.

Back
Top Bottom