• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Says He Rejected Graham’s Proposal to Reopen Government

Excuse me...the majority of the blame for the shutdown.

All you want to do is blame Trump. Don't have to keep saying it. You don't care about the welfare of the country.

Physical barrier's do work! Nancy and Chuck can end this today for a very small cost. $5.5 billion.
They have the a small part of the government on furlough because they don't want President Trump to
have the funds to put more security on our Southern border.

The majority of Americans do not see it that way, seen the polls ?

The GOP had 2 years to fix this problem or build a wall. But it really wasn't an issue until 2 months before the 2018 elections. Then to scare people into voting GOP, Trump, and the GOP and Fox spewed about the 'caravan' and a wall daily.

The election ends and the GOP wanted to forget about this because they never ever wanted to totally shutdown the border. Even Trump wanted to forget about it, he was ready to sign off on a bill to keep the government open.. The people who didn't forget about it was Fox and the Con media.. Because as soon as they yelled, Trump jumped and backed off signing the bill.

So here we are, with millionaires like Limbaugh, and Hannity and Coulter leading as billionaire around by the nose while middle class people aren't getting paid.

All you want to do is blame Trump. Don't have to keep saying it. You don't care about the welfare of the country.

When a bad thing happens it is often the case that a single person or group is responsible for it. If a mugger robs an innocent passerby, is it the fault of the mugger or is putting the fault onto the mugger just an example of playing "the blame game"?

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-...ams-proposal-to-reopen-government-11547477613

GOP senator backed allowing temporary reopening of government while border talks continue

Breaking News

*Trump says he rejected Sen. Graham’s proposal he reopen government temporarily while border security talks continue... [paywall]
======================================================
I fail to see his long term strategy here. His planned wall will not work as intended & would cost far more than the projected $5.7B. Meantime the country is suffering deeply.

I've never seen a camera Graham didn't like. Trump was right to reject Graham's lamebrain idea.
No money, no deal.
I stand with Trump!

The majority of Americans do not see it that way, seen the polls ?

There Is A Crisis At The Border — The Numbers Show It

image.png

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-...ams-proposal-to-reopen-government-11547477613

GOP senator backed allowing temporary reopening of government while border talks continue

Breaking News

*Trump says he rejected Sen. Graham’s proposal he reopen government temporarily while border security talks continue... [paywall]
I fail to see his long term strategy here. His planned wall will not work as intended & would cost far more than the projected $5.7B. Meantime the country is suffering deeply.

Ofcourse you do....Walls work.

The bigger question is why Graham thought Trump would accept the same non-deal he’d already rejected from Pelosi and Schumer. He just wanted his name in the papers.

You are so right...

At this point it's just a tug-of-war between Trump and Congressional Republicans for who will bear the blame for the shutdown.

I think it will be more like 'share the blame' & tar & feather all of them with the same brush.

Saw on MSNBC this AM that senior citizens will be evicted from HUD-subsidized low-rent housing because no money to building managers/owners from Uncle Sam. Have a few of them die on the wintry streets - that would make awful news but great anti-Trump TV.

I think his long term strategy is to not open the government until there is a line item in the appropriations for wall construction @ 5.7B.

The wall won't work as they plan & will cost tens of $B more than the $5.7B figure that keeps creeping up.

And that's all this is to you and your ilk. Blame Trump for the shutdown but don't care so much about the welfare of the country.

I have it confidentially that Cardinal does not belong to the ilks. I've never run into him at one of our meetings.

Last edited:
Ofcourse you do....Walls work.

You can go over, under & around walls. Early Medieval technology. Didn't keep the Mongols out of China, did it?

Breaking News

How do you know a wall won't work and why is this even an issue for you? How does the wall and cost affect you, your family or the country negatively?

You can go over, under & around walls. Early Medieval technology. Didn't keep the Mongols out of China, did it?

You can also cross directly through open borders as well but that doesn't seem to bother you now answer post 38

Nor did the maginot line stop the Germans. Nor the Atlantic wall or the Siegfried line stop the allies.

>Patton: Fixed fortifications are monuments to the stupidity of man. If mountain ranges and oceans can be overcome, then anything built by man can be overcome.<

This is interesting because Graham has been spouting lots of Russian Propaganda recently... Maybe this is Trumps way of "proving" he's not a Russian Asset.

Luckily these are all non essential employees so imo Trump should give a deadline to the Democrats. Fund the wall or the government will remain shutdown indefinitely and those non essential employees will be fired.

The GOP had 2 years to fix this problem or build a wall. But it really wasn't an issue until 2 months before the 2018 elections. Then to scare people into voting GOP, Trump, and the GOP and Fox spewed about the 'caravan' and a wall daily.

The election ends and the GOP wanted to forget about this because they never ever wanted to totally shutdown the border. Even Trump wanted to forget about it, he was ready to sign off on a bill to keep the government open.. The people who didn't forget about it was Fox and the Con media.. Because as soon as they yelled, Trump jumped and backed off signing the bill.

So here we are, with millionaires like Limbaugh, and Hannity and Coulter leading as billionaire around by the nose while middle class people aren't getting paid.

The GOP doesn't care, 40 years they have been pulling this to dupe their dumb base. Go on and on about this manufactured crisis, use illegals as scapegoat while they give the country away to the ultra rich. 2013 Senate passed a bill with 40 billion for border security. Boener didn't even put it up to vote. Republicans don't care about border security.

And yet, time and time again, the dumb republican base just continues to be duped by the same bull****.

The bigger question is why Graham thought Trump would accept the same non-deal he’d already rejected from Pelosi and Schumer. He just wanted his name in the papers.

I was going to post a hit piece on Graham, what a dolt, but I realized that with further developments the whole of congress is doltish.

Last edited:

The wall is a controversial notion on every side. Congress hates with a passion to become involved with controversial topics lest it hurt their reelection bids.

I've never seen a camera Graham didn't like. Trump was right to reject Graham's lamebrain idea.
No money, no deal.
I stand with Trump!

All Graham wants...all of congress wants...is to not act on wall legislation. Kick the can down the road in hopes that won't hurt their reelection bids. I have news. More and more voters are fed up with this congressional inertia are are planning measures of term limits for congresspersons...and limits for lobbyists.

I don't care if Virginia and Washington DC hate term limits and limits for lobbyists, the rest of the country wants them.

You are so right...

Like I said, Graham is probably a dupe for the rest of congress who don't want to act on wall legislation lest it hurt their reelection chances.

How do you know a wall won't work and why is this even an issue for you? How does the wall and cost affect you, your family or the country negatively?

See, this is the question 'wall-haters' refuse to get into a detailed answer, 'Why do you hate the wall?' Or how about any answer for this one: 'Why are you for border security?'

Nor did the maginot line stop the Germans. Nor the Atlantic wall or the Siegfried line stop the allies.

>Patton: Fixed fortifications are monuments to the stupidity of man. If mountain ranges and oceans can be overcome, then anything built by man can be overcome.<

Note: Wall-haters don't answer. Is it one of their talking points? No wall?

All Graham wants...all of congress wants...is to not act on wall legislation. Kick the can down the road in hopes that won't hurt their reelection bids. I have news. More and more voters are fed up with this congressional inertia are are planning measures of term limits for congresspersons...and limits for lobbyists.

I don't care if Virginia and Washington DC hate term limits and limits for lobbyists, the rest of the country wants them.

Most Americans agree with President Donald Trump that a "crisis" is taking place at the southern U.S. border and now we hear this morning that there is another Honduran caravan on their way. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom