• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Says He Plans to Deliver State of the Union Address Next Week in House Chamber

Are you serious?

Lowest black unemployment in history. Lowest latino unemployment in history. Record number of people off welfare. Job market thriving. TRADE. TRADE. TRADE. Shall I go on ????

LOL! Way to whistle past the graveyard of the most corrupt admin in our history, massive division, a ballooning deficit and debt, our allies mistrusting us, Twump shutting down the gov't, etc....

Shall I go on?

Open are closed I see no reason to delay the speech.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

But it won't be in Congress unless he wants to do it with flashlights and a megaphone. The Speaker controls the lights and microphones in the House chamber.

At this point in time I highly doubt I would listen to the State of the Union speach. In all my years I have never seen such childish behavior from a President and members of Congress. End the bickering. Open the government. Pass a budget and not some CR, Quit kicking the can down the road.

At this point in time I am dispointed with the President and Congress (both houses both sides). I will remember this shutdown when the 2020 election comes around.
I whole heartedly agree with you about passing a budget. If Congress had done that as they are suppose to we would not have this same fight every few months. Its always the same crap. It's become a typical tactic to Congress uses yo get money they want that they csnt get in a normal budget in many cases and now the potus is using the same tactic to his advantage.

What you say about 2020 is poignant but I do wonder how many will remember and how they will vote because of it.

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you.

Trump can make all the speeches he wants. But a State of the Union when the Union is so broken to not even have a working government because of pettiness seems rather silly.

Open the government, give the speech. Done.
Open or closed the potus should tell people the status of the gov and what he plans going forward.

I whole heartedly agree with you about passing a budget. If Congress had done that as they are suppose to we would not have this same fight every few months.
In fairness to Congress, they did have an agreement. The President refused it. And that was back when Republicans held the House and the Senate.

LOL If Trump did that he would be admitting that he is lying about the Dems wanting "open borders". Trump should talk about how he is endangering our national security by insisting on a unpopular, expensive largely unbuildable barrier that no experts think will be effective or worth the expense. Meanwhile the public servants charged with protecting us are going without pay.
Is unbuildable the new talking point now?

Open or closed the potus should tell people the status of the gov and what he plans going forward.
The Constitution does not say the State of the Union is to be delivered to the American people.

Try reading the Constitution some time. Thanks.

LOL! Way to whistle past the graveyard of the most corrupt admin in our history, massive division, a ballooning deficit and debt, our allies mistrusting us, Twump shutting down the gov't, etc....

Shall I go on?
Please do, dont hold back.

Perhaps his entire speech should just be reading quotes of democrats that have given speeches on the dire need for border security, their votes for more walls and fences, their support of Obama's actions while deporting millions, images of the existing walls and border fencing, etc. He should be able to fill several hours and democrats wouldnt have to worry about fact checking their own words...just the side of their ass they are talking out of at the moment. Heck...maybe rather than just giving the speech he could play the video clips to help people understand that the shutdown is over 5.7 billion democrats refuse to fund over structures they previously voted for and built but today call evil and immoral.

And the Democrats rebuttal could be quoting a Republican congressman

...a Republican congressman from Texas says Trump's characterization of a border crisis is a "myth" and the idea of a wall is a "third-century solution to a 21st-century problem."

Rep. Will Hurd, 41, told Rolling Stone that "when you think of a crisis, that means people are afraid to leave their homes, right?"

But "El Paso is one of the safest cities in the United States of America. The same can be said about Del Rio, Presidio and Eagle Pass, places I represent," the former CIA officer said.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...019/01/20/will-hurd-border-crisis/2632906002/

LOL If Trump did that he would be admitting that he is lying about the Dems wanting "open borders". Trump should talk about how he is endangering our national security by insisting on a unpopular, expensive largely unbuildable barrier that no experts think will be effective or worth the expense. Meanwhile the public servants charged with protecting us are going without pay.
Well that would be a quandry, right? I mean...it sure WOULD show the democrats DID vote for walls and fences and it would also indicate that NOW they are holding up the nations budget over 5.7 in funding for somethign they have already voted for and today call evil and immoral. Why...its as if they would be exposed as being ****ing petty hypocrites and liars.

And the Democrats rebuttal could be quoting a Republican congressman
So Mr Hurd is preventing the government from reopening then?

That bastard!

You bet...that would be a fair tactic. Anyone that was critical of Obama's wall and deportations and now supports it would be fair game.

The Constitution does not say the State of the Union is to be delivered to the American people.

I never said he was constitutional required to do that. It's a long standing tradition that he does

Yup.

Just as the Republicans have been exploiting the powers of their leadership posts to play politics to deny presidents they don't like SC seats and refuse to fund the government until they get their way, Democrats are now using those same open ended interpretations of the rules to their advantage as a sort of antivenin to their thug tactics.

We warned them they'd be in for serious political payback the day the Democrats regained some control.

Are you serious?

Lowest black unemployment in history. Lowest latino unemployment in history. Record number of people off welfare. Job market thriving. TRADE. TRADE. TRADE. Shall I go on ????

e0e2b8d3fbfa0cace5152c5e0fcbca92--funny-pics-funny-stuff.jpg

Trump Says He Plans to Deliver State of the Union Address Next Week in House Chamber

Pelosi just replied ... No you won't. Either reopen the government or find another venue.

Trump can only use the House chamber for his SOTU via an invitation from the Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi.

It's her turf, and she can turn off the lights and ban television cameras in the House chamber.

I don't think Donnie is as yet quite used to the idea that he can't bully this woman.

But it won't be in Congress unless he wants to do it with flashlights and a megaphone. The Speaker controls the lights and microphones in the House chamber.
That's up to Pelosi. She isnt under obligated to accommodate him. I'm sure the uber left will be very pleased.

I never said he was constitutional required to do that. It's a long standing tradition that he does

It's hypocritical to laud Trump for sweeping away tradition while demanding that everybody else hold to tradition in order to convenience Trump.

In fairness to Congress, they did have an agreement. The President refused it. And that was back when Republicans held the House and the Senate.
Republicans are just as guilty as Democrats for not passing a budget. If they had they would not be at the mercy of a presidential veto

It's hypocritical to laud Trump for sweeping away tradition while demanding that everybody else hold to tradition in order to convenience Trump.
Nancy is afraid of the truth

Nancy is afraid of the truth

Trouble13...did you write that post all by yourself?

As long as you don't foolishly cite "tradition" as some basis for him having the right to give the SotU on the House floor.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-...ddress-next-week-in-house-chamber-11548264666

Pelosi had recommended the speech be delayed until shutdown ends

President Trump said Wednesday he planned to deliver the State of the Union address in the House chamber next week, disregarding the recommendation of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi that he delay the speech until the government reopened.

“I look forward to seeing you on the evening [of] January 29th in the Chamber of the House of Representatives,” Mr. Trump wrote in a letter to Mrs. Pelosi, the California Democrat. “It would be so very sad for our Country if the State of the Union were not delivered on time, on schedule, and...[payweall]
=========================================
Interesting break with tradition. I had thought that the SOTU required the invitation of the Speaker.

Why could barring a liar and racist like Trump from the House be a bad thing?

Trouble13...did you write that post all by yourself?

As long as you don't foolishly cite "tradition" as some basis for him having the right to give the SotU on the House floor.
No I didnt I quoted trump

That's up to Pelosi. She isnt under obligated to accommodate him. I'm sure the uber left will be very pleased.

Actually anyone who doesn't like racists and scum would likely be pleased if Pelosi barred him.

Back
Top Bottom