• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump says he forced Mattis to resign

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://thehill.com/policy/defense/428115-trump-says-he-forced-mattis-to-resign

President Trump says he forced former Defense Secretary James Mattis to resign as he “wasn’t happy with the job that he was doing at all,” according to an interview the president gave to The New York Times.

“So I wasn’t happy with Mattis. I told Mattis to give me a letter,” Trump told the Times. “He didn’t just give me that letter. I told him.”
========================================================
Poor Donald. Rewriting history to fit his own self delusions. Mattis resigned in protest. Trump can't handle that. It stuck in his craw. So now the 'failing' NYT gets this rewrite of history.

President Trump says he forced former Defense Secretary James Mattis to resign as he “wasn’t happy with the job that he was doing at all,” according to an interview the president gave to The New York Times.

“So I wasn’t happy with Mattis. I told Mattis to give me a letter,” Trump told the Times. “He didn’t just give me that letter. I told him.”
Poor Donald. Rewriting history to fit his own self delusions. Mattis resigned in protest. Trump can't handle that. It stuck in his craw. So now the 'failing' NYT gets this rewrite of history.

There are plenty of people stupid enough to accept it. The Donald himself is on record saying people will believe whatever he says....he's right. It's really disturbing.

Trump's an egomaniac, a serial liar and a narcissist. It's obvious he also has other mental problems. He's also lazy and a bully.

I will NEVER forgive the Republican Party for sitting back and allowing this guy to put our country in immense danger simply so they could appoint some judges and give their rich buddies tax breaks.

I hope after this nightmare is over the Republican party splits apart and ends up on the ash heap of history.

Well in a way he did force mattis to resign because mattis could no longer work for such a pathetic human being....

It jist didnt happen in the way trump wants to pretend it did.....

Trump's an egomaniac, a serial liar and a narcissist. It's obvious he also has other mental problems. He's also lazy and a bully.

I will NEVER forgive the Republican Party for sitting back and allowing this guy to put our country in immense danger simply so they could appoint some judges and give their rich buddies tax breaks.

I hope after this nightmare is over the Republican party splits apart and ends up on the ash heap of history.

With the Whig Party. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whig_Party_(United_States)

There are plenty of people stupid enough to accept it. The Donald himself is on record saying people will believe whatever he says....he's right. It's really disturbing.

It is a bit orwellian isn't it? You keep saying a lie over and over again, people will believe anything.

It is a bit orwellian isn't it? You keep saying a lie over and over again, people will believe anything.

He's on record saying it but didnt qualify saying it over and over. He thinks alot of people...his followers obviously...are stupid enough to believe anything he says. He doesnt think much of his followers, does he?

He's on record saying it but didnt qualify saying it over and over. He thinks alot of people...his followers obviously...are stupid enough to believe anything he says. He doesnt think much of his followers, does he?

His followers want to be violated.

ra,relaxed_fit,x1000,athletic_heather,front-c,195,210,315,294-bg,ffffff.u1.jpg

No, NAZI: “Repeat a lie often enough and it becomes the truth”, is a law of propaganda often attributed to the Nazi Joseph Goebbels.

Well, he is keeping the narrative going: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/transcript-president-trump-on-face-the-nation-february-3-2019/

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: When it doesn't get done. Like with General Mattis, I wasn't happy with his service. I told him give me a letter.

MARGARET BRENNAN: He resigned.

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: He resigned because I asked him to resign. He resigned because I was very nice to him. But I gave him big budgets and he didn't do well in Afghanistan. I was not happy with the job he was doing in Afghanistan. And if you look at Syria what's happened, I went to Iraq recently, if you look at Syria, what's happened in Syria in the last few weeks, you would see that things are going down that were not going down. That things are happening that are very good. So I was not happy with him, but I wish him well.

The people I'm most disappointed in are in my extended family. They appear happy to be Trump marks and drink in all his lies.

Trump says

that's as far as i needed to read to know that a lie would follow.

Trump had/has a vision for the direction his department heads are to take.

Mattis had a different vision.

If my boss and I had a similar departure in our vision of the future course of my small actions, I could decide to bend to his will or depart.

Mattis chose to depart.

What part of this is most probably not accurate?

Characterizing it as offering the letter or asking for the letter is only window dressing. The disagreement existed. The resignation occurred.

Trump is a very strong leader with very well defined goals.

At this point, I think he can be convinced of a course of action, but it is probably with a good deal of suspicion regarding the motivation behind the person requesting the change.

For my money, if one more drop of American blood falls on Middle Eastern Sand, that's one drop too many. Clinton had it right. That's why God created Cruise Missiles.

Mattis likes to get down and dirty. Trump wants to get out of the hell hole.

Um...

The thread seemed to be about Mattis resigning.

Are you more in favor of killing more Americans in the Middle East or getting out of the way and allowing the Middle Easterners to just kill each other?

They've been doing it for about 6000 years of documented history.

They should be getting pretty good at it by now. We no longer need their oil thanks to Trump policies. We are free to leave.

How many more Americans must die to put gas in your Audi?

Well in a way he did force mattis to resign because mattis could no longer work for such a pathetic human being....

It jist didnt happen in the way trump wants to pretend it did.....

Another voting to kill Americans in the desert sands.

What's wrong with you people?

No, NAZI: “Repeat a lie often enough and it becomes the truth”, is a law of propaganda often attributed to the Nazi Joseph Goebbels.

And you don't feel like you're looking a mirror when you post this?

What a joke. Trump didn't "let Mattis resign." (or he would fire him) Trump told us Mattis was "the best." Why would he fire the best?

And of course, Trumpsters have to believe that the Intel Chiefs were all taken out of context, that they are actually all in agreement with Trump, regardless of what they can see with their own eyes and hear with their own ears, because Trump says so.

Reminds me a lot of Hitler & the rise of the Nazi party in Germany in the early 1930s. He mesmerized the people into accepting anything he said or asked of them. And in return he put people back to workm stabilized the economy & made Germany great again...right up until Sept. 1 1939 when he invaded Poland & started the war that nearly destroyed Germany by early 1945.

Well, he is keeping the narrative going: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/transcript-president-trump-on-face-the-nation-february-3-2019/

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: When it doesn't get done. Like with General Mattis, I wasn't happy with his service. I told him give me a letter.

MARGARET BRENNAN: He resigned.

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: He resigned because I asked him to resign. He resigned because I was very nice to him. But I gave him big budgets and he didn't do well in Afghanistan. I was not happy with the job he was doing in Afghanistan. And if you look at Syria what's happened, I went to Iraq recently, if you look at Syria, what's happened in Syria in the last few weeks, you would see that things are going down that were not going down. That things are happening that are very good. So I was not happy with him, but I wish him well.

When the big doofus said "I know more than the generals" I instantly had a 'holy ****' moment

What a joke. Trump didn't "let Mattis resign." (or he would fire him) Trump told us Mattis was "the best." Why would he fire the best?

And of course, Trumpsters have to believe that the Intel Chiefs were all taken out of context, that they are actually all in agreement with Trump, regardless of what they can see with their own eyes and hear with their own ears, because Trump says so.

They're the best, until they're not. What losers. Trump cares about very few things, money, his image, his daughter, golfing and being adored by somebody, anybody.

Reminds me a lot of Hitler & the rise of the Nazi party in Germany in the early 1930s. He mesmerized the people into accepting anything he said or asked of them. And in return he put people back to workm stabilized the economy & made Germany great again...right up until Sept. 1 1939 when he invaded Poland & started the war that nearly destroyed Germany by early 1945.

He actually started before that. He did good for the german people for several years but once he declared himself the fuhrer people's rights started to disappear and everything and everyone became part of the state. He too was a con man of the highest magnitude. People don't know history, I've watched hours and hours of shows about the second world war. The similarities between then and now are scary.

Trump had/has a vision for the direction his department heads are to take.

Mattis had a different vision.

If my boss and I had a similar departure in our vision of the future course of my small actions, I could decide to bend to his will or depart.

Mattis chose to depart.

What part of this is most probably not accurate (lied)?

Characterizing it as offering the letter or asking for the letter is only window dressing. The disagreement existed. The resignation occurred.

Trump is a very strong leader with very well defined goals.

At this point, I think he can be convinced of a course of action, but it is probably with a good deal of suspicion regarding the motivation behind the person requesting the change.

For my money, if one more drop of American blood falls on Middle Eastern Sand, that's one drop too many. Clinton had it right. That's why God created Cruise Missiles.

Mattis likes to get down and dirty. Trump wants to get out of the hell hole.
Bold - truth.
The rest of your post is window dressing.

What a sorry son of a bitch that he feels compelled to say any such thing to create an illusion for fools of having scored a point. What a sorry, sorry, sad little man, floating along in life on dad's money and a knack for the con.

I'm glad I do not have the best brain or the best words. Seems it's more of a curse than anything.

Bold - truth.
The rest of your post is window dressing.

So you're saying that Mattis did not disagree with Trump?

Interesting departure from the real world.

You must be a Liberal. Alexandria? Is that you?

Back
Top Bottom