• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump says he ‘never said’ Mexico would pay for the wall. But he did – a lot

More:

Ignoring Every Word Other People have Written fallacy

Reading Comprehension Failure fallacy

Discussions require that you understand the words you read, not just regurgitate your (failed) opinion over and over.

So you DO want a wall. Which is it, dude?

It doesnt matter what we write. He ignores it and writes 'what he imagines'. He cant quote us anywhere where we've said what he claims.

He's continually generating Fantasy Posting fallacies

Bulverism fallacy.

It is not about accomplishment but resistance. It is our way or no way.

Sorry dude, but the House is responsible for passing an acceptable budget. They have not yet done so. Pelosi's hatred for Trump is the biggest reason why. Resistance is only resulting in no functioning government. That's why it's shut down.

From Global News

Trump says he ‘never said’ Mexico would pay for the wall. But he did – a lot

U.S. President Donald Trump is doubling down on claims that Mexico was paying for the proposed border wall between their two countries, saying he “never meant they’re going to write out a cheque.”

Trump reiterated his claim that Mexico is paying for the wall via the new, un-ratified Canada-U.S.-Mexico Trade Agreement (CUSMA) while speaking to reporters at the White House before visiting the Texas border town of McAllen on the 20th day of a partial government shutdown.

Trump has held out for $5.7 billion in partial wall funding during talks with congressional leaders to reopen the government. Democrats have held steadfast in their opposition to providing any money for a border wall.

In fact, in October 2016, during the height of the 2016 presidential campaign, Trump released a document called “Donald Trump’s Contract with the American Voter,” in which he said Mexico would “reimburse” the U.S. for the “full cost of the wall.”

In a separate plan presented to the Washington Post during the campaign, he suggested he would cut off access for Mexican immigrants who send money home to their families until Mexico made a “one-time payment” of billions of dollars for the wall. (The plan was regarded as likely illegal, the Washington Post reported.)

COMMENT:-

It's perfectly obvious that when Mr. Trump said "pay" he didn't mean "pay" but rather he meant "pay" that that when he said "one time payment" he didn't mean "write a cheque" he meant "will send several boxcars full of cash".

On the other hand, can we REALLY be sure that the so-called "Donald Trump" that was campaigning is the same person as the so-called "Donald Trump" who is currently purporting to be the President of the United States of America? Isn't **T*H*E** **T*R*U*T*H** that the so-called "Donald Trump" you see/hear today is actually a mind-controlled doppelganger that is being operated by the Deep State for the benefit of their Lizard People masters?

What bull****.

The new North American Free Trade Agreement allows not direct profits to any of the governments involved so Stupid's idea is a lie to begin with.

He did say it, numerous times, but backed off when he had tariffs explained to him. He nor his "base" have any idea how anything works in government and when they make irrational stupid claims they never said it.

This is Trump's "if you like your plan, you can keep your plan."

Have fun defending this turd, it is amazing to watch people who had trashed the **** out of Obama, use the same tactics the right claimed to be so insulted by.

I guess calling someone a childish name is easier to handle than "Hypocrite" but you are.

Ah...one other thing. We need to see Donald's birth certificate, as it appears he was born in Russia.

Sorry dude, but the House is responsible for passing an acceptable budget. They have not yet done so. Pelosi's hatred for Trump is the biggest reason why. Resistance is only resulting in no functioning government. That's why it's shut down.

No.

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

It was a man they call Donald Trump who went back on an agreement between all parties to fund the government without a wall. Trump, always stable, freaked out and changed his diapers when Anne Coulter ripped him a new one for abandoning his election promises.

Pelosi agreed to that spending bill along with every other Democrat.

This may sound alien to you, but the Democrats are free to vote their conscience - it just happens that all of them, and about a dozen Republicans are also opposed.

You need a target for your hate, we saw that with Obama and the insults like "monkey man", and we saw the paranoia that gripped the Republican party so bad they had to hire Russian agents (already facing sentencing) to drag her down more and she still got more votes!

Republicans have to lose their fear of women. You guys go ape**** when ANY woman comes out in a strong manner...but you never attack the message, always the messenger.

I don't think Republicans are very smart, and certainly NOT to be trusted

In case you haven't noticed we have no intention of working with Trump or any republicans. The media will blame Trump. The people not getting paid are just pawns in the game. They can and will be sacrificed.

No.

Wrong, wrong, wrong.
Yes. The House and only the House has the authority to initiate a spending bill. See Article I of the Constitution of the United States.
It was a man they call Donald Trump who went back on an agreement between all parties to fund the government without a wall.
There was never any agreement. The House has yet to pass an acceptable budget bill. Trump cannot run the government without funding from Congress.
Trump, always stable, freaked out and changed his diapers when Anne Coulter ripped him a new one for abandoning his election promises.
He hasn't abandoned his election promises. That's why he's insisting on $5b for the wall. It's chump change.
Pelosi agreed to that spending bill along with every other Democrat.
It wasn't an acceptable budget bill. No good. She's going to have to do better. The Senate knew Trump would just veto it. They didn't even bother to take it up.
This may sound alien to you, but the Democrats are free to vote their conscience - it just happens that all of them, and about a dozen Republicans are also opposed.
That they are. They are also responsible for passing an acceptable budget bill.
You need a target for your hate,
No, we need an acceptable budget bill.
we saw that with Obama and the insults like "monkey man",
I don't give a **** about Obama. His legacy has largely been destroyed by Trump (fortunately).
and we saw the paranoia that gripped the Republican party so bad they had to hire Russian agents (already facing sentencing) to drag her down more
Obama is male.

What evidence do you have about any Russians?

and she still got more votes!
No, Hillary did not get more votes. Trump did. That's why he's President of the United States.
Republicans have to lose their fear of women.
Republicans don't fear women. Many are happily married. Many ARE women.
You guys go ape**** when ANY woman comes out in a strong manner.
Bigotry.
.but you never attack the message, always the messenger.
No, I attack the message. So far the message coming from the House is,'Never!'. Unfortunately, there is no budget to run the government. Until the House passes an acceptable budget bill, there won't be.

So you DO want a wall. Which is it, dude?

LOLOLOL

Still as unaware of reality in general I see. I'm not a dude.

And feel free to show where I wrote that.

Now you are just demonstrating the All Answers are Black and White fallacy :lol:

I don't "support" the ACA as I've said hundreds of times on here. It didn't do enough for people like me who work for our insurance.

You do realize that the amounts that you employer pay out for your insurance comes off the amounts that your employer has available to pay out in wages, don't you?

Or did you think that you got your insurance for "free"?

It did something for people like you who don't want to work for your own insurance and want people like me to pay for you.

Get a job and show some of that personal responsibility you Trump fans claim you want.

Have you ever considered the fact that the TOTAL amount that it would cost to run a "Universal Single Payer - Multiple Provider" healthcare system in the United States of America would be around 30% LESS than the amount that is currently being paid out to provide limited coverage to a limited percentage of the American people?

That 30% could well get paid out in increased wages - have you ever stopped to consider that point?

PS - Do I believe that the owners would turn around and pay out that 30% in increased wages? Don't be silly, that 30% becomes an increase in profits and you know where that goes - don't you?

Then the government can't open. The House has to pass an acceptable budget bill.

They already do. What's the difference? They are impotent.

On the alter of your Trump hatred?

Trump doesn't even have the support of his pathetic party. They had control of the house, senate, SCOTUS, and the president and they could not get it done. He has already lost.

The wishy washy do nothing republican party has already squandered their opportunity. Come next election they will lose again because few people want to be on the losing side. Those people that put the republicans in power have seen for themselves how they got nothing done. If they have any brains at all they will not side with losers again. I know I wont. I watched them fumble the ball then pick it up and hand it to the other team and watch them score. A team like that is hard to support. Pelosi will school Trump and the senate will not support the president. Game over.

Back
Top Bottom