• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump says he ‘never said’ Mexico would pay for the wall. But he did – a lot

From Global News

U.S. President Donald Trump is doubling down on claims that Mexico was paying for the proposed border wall between their two countries, saying he “never meant they’re going to write out a cheque.”

Trump reiterated his claim that Mexico is paying for the wall via the new, un-ratified Canada-U.S.-Mexico Trade Agreement (CUSMA) while speaking to reporters at the White House before visiting the Texas border town of McAllen on the 20th day of a partial government shutdown.

Trump has held out for $5.7 billion in partial wall funding during talks with congressional leaders to reopen the government. Democrats have held steadfast in their opposition to providing any money for a border wall.

In fact, in October 2016, during the height of the 2016 presidential campaign, Trump released a document called “Donald Trump’s Contract with the American Voter,” in which he said Mexico would “reimburse” the U.S. for the “full cost of the wall.”

In a separate plan presented to the Washington Post during the campaign, he suggested he would cut off access for Mexican immigrants who send money home to their families until Mexico made a “one-time payment” of billions of dollars for the wall. (The plan was regarded as likely illegal, the Washington Post reported.)

COMMENT:-

It's perfectly obvious that when Mr. Trump said "pay" he didn't mean "pay" but rather he meant "pay" that that when he said "one time payment" he didn't mean "write a cheque" he meant "will send several boxcars full of cash".

On the other hand, can we REALLY be sure that the so-called "Donald Trump" that was campaigning is the same person as the so-called "Donald Trump" who is currently purporting to be the President of the United States of America? Isn't **T*H*E** **T*R*U*T*H** that the so-called "Donald Trump" you see/hear today is actually a mind-controlled doppelganger that is being operated by the Deep State for the benefit of their Lizard People masters?
This is what Candidate Trump said on March 9 2016 Months before he was voted in for POTUS . Start at 5:00 sounds pretty consistent to me

Literally the opposite of the crisis Trumpism is claiming. Yeah that really supports your claims :lamo

Obviously, you couldn't be bothered to read the article.
If you did bother, you'd know both presidents Obama and Trump used the word "crisis" in the very same context.

Obviously, you couldn't be bothered to read the article.
If you did bother, you'd know both presidents Obama and Trump used the word "crisis" in the very same context.

No, they didn't. Obama was calling these people the victims of a humanitarian crisis. Trump has been calling these people the cause of a national crisis for years. Don't sit there and tell me that you take Trump giving lip service to human trafficking as him working off the same context as Obama. You're not that stupid.

Do you believe illegal immigrants are the cause of a crisis, or the victims of a crisis?

No. Trump said Mexico would pay for the wall. Over and over. Not only isn't Mexico paying for the wall, but Trump didn't even have a plan to get Mexico to pay. He just blatantly lied to his base, and nearly all were gullible enough to believe a flimflam man like Trump.

To be fair they now believe he never said anything about Mexico paying for the wall. In fact they are 100% certain that he has never once used the words "mexico" and "wall" in the same month.

So pretty much, you can't defend Trump's doublespeak here, so you're deflecting to something else.

The 3-D's of the Trumpeteer. Deception, Deflection, Denial.

I'm sorry the truth triggers you and that you need to project it onto me...

Sorry, in that I don't apologize for reiterating the leftist media's :bs, and their dumb-ass readers who defend the double standard as posted below.
Obama could use the word CRISIS using the same exact context, but Trump can't.

Sorry.
I don't apologize for reiterating the leftist media's and their dumb-ass readers who defend the double standard as posted below.

More What About What About Obama...You have anything else.....To defend your Great Leader and his Lies?

No, they didn't. Obama was calling these people the victims of a humanitarian crisis. Trump has been calling these people the cause of a national crisis for years. Don't sit there and tell me that you take Trump giving lip service to human trafficking as him working off the same context as Obama. You're not that stupid.

Do you believe illegal immigrants are the cause of a crisis, or the victims of a crisis?

You still have no interest in discussing the quotes of both presidents above.
Not my problem.

You have a nice day...

#LieDenyDeflect

Yeah, I notice those who hate this president do that a lot. I think they are commonly known as Trump resisters.
:mrgreen:

Getting back to point...
"We now have an actual humanitarian crisis on the borer that only underscores the need to drop the politics and fix our immigration system once and for all," then-President Barack Obama said in the Rose Garden in 2014. "In recent weeks we've seen a surge of unaccompanied children arrive at the border, brought here and to other countries by smugglers and traffickers."

This is no different than what President Trump said from the Oval Office on Tuesday.

"Last month, 20,000 migrant children were illegally brought into the United States -- a dramatic increase," he said. "These children are used as human pawns by vicious coyotes and ruthless gangs."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...alling-it-a-border-crisis-in-2014-under-obama

You still have no interest in discussing the quotes of both presidents above.
Not my problem.

You have a nice day...

You babble President Obama's name (A real President) a thousand times a day...Still won't help trump get is idiotic wall

From Global News

U.S. President Donald Trump is doubling down on claims that Mexico was paying for the proposed border wall between their two countries, saying he “never meant they’re going to write out a cheque.”

Trump reiterated his claim that Mexico is paying for the wall via the new, un-ratified Canada-U.S.-Mexico Trade Agreement (CUSMA) while speaking to reporters at the White House before visiting the Texas border town of McAllen on the 20th day of a partial government shutdown.

Trump has held out for $5.7 billion in partial wall funding during talks with congressional leaders to reopen the government. Democrats have held steadfast in their opposition to providing any money for a border wall.

In fact, in October 2016, during the height of the 2016 presidential campaign, Trump released a document called “Donald Trump’s Contract with the American Voter,” in which he said Mexico would “reimburse” the U.S. for the “full cost of the wall.”

In a separate plan presented to the Washington Post during the campaign, he suggested he would cut off access for Mexican immigrants who send money home to their families until Mexico made a “one-time payment” of billions of dollars for the wall. (The plan was regarded as likely illegal, the Washington Post reported.)

COMMENT:-

It's perfectly obvious that when Mr. Trump said "pay" he didn't mean "pay" but rather he meant "pay" that that when he said "one time payment" he didn't mean "write a cheque" he meant "will send several boxcars full of cash".

On the other hand, can we REALLY be sure that the so-called "Donald Trump" that was campaigning is the same person as the so-called "Donald Trump" who is currently purporting to be the President of the United States of America? Isn't **T*H*E** **T*R*U*T*H** that the so-called "Donald Trump" you see/hear today is actually a mind-controlled doppelganger that is being operated by the Deep State for the benefit of their Lizard People masters?

I always thought they would pay through some trade deal or tax or something along those lines; not actual cash.

Sorry, in that I don't apologize for reiterating the leftist media's :bs, and their dumb-ass readers who defend the double standard as posted below.

Well at least Obama didn't claim Mexico was going to pay for a wall for us.

lol

Talk about triggered by the truth.

Another day, another blatant Trump lie.

One down and 9 to go to keep up his average. It's getting late but I'm sure he'll more than make up the difference once he get's to Texas.

That's just one of MANY vids on YouTube where he promises Mexico will pay for the wall.

Last edited:
But you believed your great leader...Right?.....You've been conned

You were conned by Obama, who accomplished nothing at all, and got a Peace Prize for it.

Getting back to point...

Actually the point is that Trump is trying to back out of having said that Mexico will pay for the wall.

lol

Triggered by the Truth

It's in writing. Not just Trump muttering and stammering and making vague explanations for his repeated statement that Mexico would pay for the wall. It is in writing. This was his plan.

But in April 2016, Trump's campaign outlined the steps he would take to compel Mexico to pay the US "$5-10 billion" to fund a border wall -- a plan that relies largely on threatening to bar undocumented Mexican immigrants in the United States from wiring money to relatives in Mexico.

"It's an easy decision for Mexico: make a one-time payment of $5-10 billion to ensure that $24 billion continues to flow into their country year after year," the memo said.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/10/politics/trump-mexico-pay-wall/index.html

You don't like CNN? Here's Trump's PDF:

https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/Pay_for_the_Wall.pdf

Tariffs are mentioned in Trump's PDF ... not as an indirect way to pay for the wall ... but as something to threaten Mexico with to compel them to make the one-time payment for the wall.

Last edited:
He said they would make a payment. If you're quibbling over whether that payment was a physical check, just :lamo
I'm not quibbling about anything. That is what the left has been doing.
None of you care about the cost or who pays for it. Your fully invested in stopping trump from fulfilling a campaign pledge.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Actually the point is that Trump is trying to back out of having said that Mexico will pay for the wall.

lol

Triggered by the Truth

That might be your point, to insert the red herring fallacy, but it sure was not my original point. :lol:
Want to try to address what I actually wrote now?

I'm not quibbling about anything. That is what the left has been doing.
None of you care about the cost or who pays for it. Your fully invested in stopping trump from fulfilling a campaign pledge.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Why should our government, 800,000 federal workers and all those Americans and businesses, big and small, who depend on these government services be held hostage over somebody wanting their ridiculously stupid campaign pledge?

You were conned by Obama, who accomplished nothing at all, and got a Peace Prize for it.

Droner in Chief should have given the Nobel Peace Prize back.

Back
Top Bottom