• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump says he’s finished writing answers to questions from special counsel Robert Mueller

JANFU

Land by the Gulf Stream
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ble-main_trumpmueller-130p:homepage/story-ans

Trump stressed that he has been “busy” and it has taken some time to complete the answers, but he also expressed his concern about Mueller’s purpose in obtaining them.

“You always have to be careful answering questions for people who probably have bad intentions,” he said of the team Mueller has assembled to investigate Russia’s interference in the 2016 election and any possible coordination with Trump’s campaign. “I haven’t submitted them. I just finished them.”
Your Lawyers have been boning up on what they spoke to Mueller asked
Next if you are done writing a take home exam, your lawyers approved

Lastly. When you were finished, did you put the crayons back in the box?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ble-main_trumpmueller-130p:homepage/story-ans

Your Lawyers have been boning up on what they spoke to Mueller asked
Next if you are done writing a take home exam, your lawyers approved

Lastly. When you were finished, did you put the crayons back in the box?

Without having read neither the questions nor the answers, we already know a few things. 45 lied to his lawyers. His lawyers did their best to make his actions appear legal. Whatever answers are provided will just be changed next time he opens his mouth. At this point, it would probably just be easier to subpoena the clown after he leaves office.

You know, if he has nothing to hide, why is he trying so hard to hide it?

Plenty of innocent people in our country pay for crimes they did not do or receive a much more severe penalty than they deserve.

Plenty of innocent people in our country pay for crimes they did not do or receive a much more severe penalty than they deserve.

Very true, but they are usually not rich white men.

NPR said the presidents lawyers have not turned in his answers yet.

I suppose they are typing up what Trump wrote in Crayon. It was a pretty blue, the best blue ever, five times bluer than the ones Obama used.

"My lawyers don't write answers. I write answers."

I seriously wonder what happened in his childhood that produced such an insecure mess.

Of course Trump himself answered Mueller's questions. Trump has the best words. Those words were formed together to get the best answers.

Trump says he’s finished writing answers to questions from special counsel Robert Mueller

like his lawyers didn't write all of them.

it's too bad that they didn't subpoena him for a real interview. rather than running around spending a year panicking over a constitutional crisis, let's just have it out. subpoena his ass, and if he lies, indict him.

So then he doesvhave something to hide.

You know, if he has nothing to hide, why is he trying so hard to hide it?
They gave Mueller 1.4 million pages of documents they let White House counsel Don McGahn be interviewed by Mueller. A person can tell the FBI the truth and still indicted for perjury. All it takes is for the FBI to believe a Cohen type that would say anything to save his own ass. So Cohen cuts a deal and lies and says you are lying and the FBI believes him instead of you. Trump is smart to answer with interrogatories. His lawyers can massage the answers so a perjury trap can be avoided.

like his lawyers didn't write all of them.

it's too bad that they didn't subpoena him for a real interview. rather than running around spending a year panicking over a constitutional crisis, let's just have it out. subpoena his ass, and if he lies, indict him.

Like they did with Hillary right?

They gave Mueller 1.4 million pages of documents they let White House counsel Don McGahn be interviewed by Mueller. A person can tell the FBI the truth and still indicted for perjury. All it takes is for the FBI to believe a Cohen type that would say anything to save his own ass. So Cohen cuts a deal and lies and says you are lying and the FBI believes him instead of you. Trump is smart to answer with interrogatories. His lawyers can massage the answers so a perjury trap can be avoided.

This thing will end soon, and all the democrats will have is a bunch of TDS whiners in the house destroying democrat chances of continuing on as a party.....I'd say that was worth Trump all by itself.

Which is a very big problem.....running the justice system and running the voting systems are arguably the two most important jobs the elite have, and they have failed at both. They have also completely fail at education, both basic and the University.

Is it any wonder that the citizens are so irate....

Can you show me anywhere that the fbi has indicted someone for perjury simply because they beleived someones words over anothers?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

#buthillary! everybody drink!

ok. do you support allowing the Trump investigation go on as long as it needs to?

View attachment 67244410

also, oops. you stepped in it a bit.

Clinton Served Subpoena In Lewinsky Inquiry - July 26, 1998

so, do you also support issuing a subpoena for Trump to testify in person?
I have never supported cutting the Mueller investigation off. I do think it should be limited to the campaign. This "show me the man and I'll show you the crime" style of an investigation is absurd and isn't how our legal system is supposed to work. Investigations are supposed to start with a crime. What crime did this investigation start with. Beating Hillary?

Bill Clinton was there to testify about a specific crime what crime would Trump be subpoenaed for ... remind me?

I have never supported cutting the Mueller investigation off. I do think it should be limited to the campaign. This "show me the man and I'll show you the crime" style of an investigation is absurd and isn't how our legal system is supposed to work. Investigations are supposed to start with a crime. What crime did this investigation start with. Beating Hillary?

Bill Clinton was there to testify about a specific crime what crime would Trump be subpoenaed for ... remind me?

here's the scope of Mueller's investigation, as defined by Rosenstein :

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/rod-rosenstein-outlined-scope-for-special-counsel-probe-in-august-2017/

so, do you support issuing a subpoena, as was the case in the Clinton investigation?

Back
Top Bottom