• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump says Department of Education will investigate use of 1619 Project in schools

BlueTex

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
You gotta love a presidential candidate who is so undisciplined that he thinks this makes sense months before an election.... LMAO...

President Donald Trump is continuing to wage battle against interpretations of history which he claims are un-American.

In a Sunday morning tweet, the President said the US Department of Education would investigate whether California schools are using the New York Times' "1619 Project" in public school curriculum. The Pulitzer-Prize winning collection reframes American history around the date of August 1619, when the first slave ship arrived on America's shores.
"Department of Education is looking at this. If so, they will not be funded!" he wrote on Twitter, citing a message from an unverified account saying it was being taught in schools there.
The message came after the President on Friday night banned federal agencies from conducting racial sensitivity training related to "white privilege" and "critical race theory."

Trump says Department of Education will investigate use of 1619 Project in schools - CNNPolitics

You've seen his supporters. They'll love this. Anything to protect racism and its "very fine people".

You gotta love a presidential candidate

Presidential candidate? He is the current PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. Four years later and you still can't come to terms that Trumps is OUR president.

And I do love and appreciate President Trump because he is often correct on MANY issues. This is just another example. The "1619 project" is a leftist indoctrination tool that should not be used for educational purposes. The American people deserve to know what is being taught in our tax payer funded schools.

You gotta love a presidential candidate who is so undisciplined that he thinks this makes sense months before an election.... LMAO...

President Donald Trump is continuing to wage battle against interpretations of history which he claims are un-American.

In a Sunday morning tweet, the President said the US Department of Education would investigate whether California schools are using the New York Times' "1619 Project" in public school curriculum. The Pulitzer-Prize winning collection reframes American history around the date of August 1619, when the first slave ship arrived on America's shores.
"Department of Education is looking at this. If so, they will not be funded!" he wrote on Twitter, citing a message from an unverified account saying it was being taught in schools there.
The message came after the President on Friday night banned federal agencies from conducting racial sensitivity training related to "white privilege" and "critical race theory."

Trump says Department of Education will investigate use of 1619 Project in schools - CNNPolitics

Fascism in action. Next there'll be an office with a department nameplate on the door and staffed by people whose job it is to monitor school curricula for "un-American" content.

Presidential candidate? He is the current PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. Four years later and you still can't come to terms that Trumps is OUR president.

And I do love and appreciate President Trump because he correct on MANY issues. This is just anther example. The 1619 project is a leftist indoctrination tool that should not be used in our schools. The American people deserve to know what iOS being taught in our tax payer funded schools.

He is a candidate for the election in November...

You've seen his supporters. They'll love this. Anything to protect racism and its "very fine people".

You are neck deep living in the cesspool mindset that all of us are racist, especially us whites. You apear to be pretty pale yourself, you racist!

Oh boy, another prospective enemy for trump to threaten. The savior of america my arse.

I cannot wait to see the lame duck tantrum he throws.

And I do love and appreciate President Trump because he is often correct on MANY issues. This is just another example. The "1619 project" is a leftist indoctrination tool that should not be used for educational purposes. The American people deserve to know what is being taught in our tax payer funded schools.

There's no "OUR" about Trumps Presidency. He's made that abundantly clear.
What is it about the 1619 Project that you object to? What is it that makes it a "leftist indoctrination tool"?

"Mommy why do they call us cultists?"

President Donald Trump is continuing to wage battle against [B]interpretations of history which he claims are un-American[/B].

I support this.

Interpretation is the correct word.

The 1619 Project is pure Leftist B.S., on a par with that recent Smithsonian Museum of African American History's publication of "Whiteness."

It should NOT be taught in any public schools as "history."

What private schools want to teach is their business, but using American tax dollars to undermine America? Unacceptable.

Last edited:

So what do you actually dispute here Tex?

I cannot wait to see the lame duck tantrum he throws.

I have been repeatedly assured by some posters here that the black American votes for Trump are going to be tremendous... bigger than ever before... this is sure to win him more votes in that constituency...

So what do you actually dispute here Tex?

Does the president have the power to withhold funding because he doesn't approve of the curriculum?

Oh boy, another prospective enemy for trump to threaten.

Hey bongsaway (and other Democrats here). Let's discuss the OP topic (the 1619 Project) that President Trump and I do not support.

I'll ask you. What are your specific thoughts on the "1619 Project". Do you support it being taught in our tax payer funded schools?

Does the president have the power to withhold funding because he doesn't approve of the curriculum?

What of the very subject of 1619 project BS to begin with?

What of the very subject of 1619 project BS to begin with?

What difference does that make... Simple question: Does the president have the power to withhold funding because he doesn't approve of the curriculum?

What difference does that make... Simple question: Does the president have the power to withhold funding because he doesn't approve of the curriculum?

Well Tex, we wouldn't even be having this discussion if it wasn't for the 1619 project no?

I support this.

Interpretation is the correct word, IMO about the only thing correct in that CNN report.

The 1619 Project is pure Leftist B.S., on a par with that recent Smithsonian Museum of African American History's publication of "Whiteness."

It should NOT be taught in any public schools as "history."

What private schools want to teach is their business, but using American tax dollars to undermine America? Unacceptable.

You support Presidential influence on school curricula?

There's no "OUR" about Trumps Presidency. He's made that abundantly clear.

Regardless of your inaccurate opinions, President Trump is OUR president. I didn't vote for Obama nor did I appreciate his failed policies, however he was MY and OUR president and I never denied that fact.

Are you serious? That's almost worthy of another protest in D.C.

Hey bongsaway (and other Democrats here). Let's discuss the OP topic (the 1619 Project) that President Trump and I do not support.

I'll ask you. What are your specific thoughts on the "1619 Project". Do you support it being taught in our tax payer funded schools?

Specifically, no thoughts about it. Haven't read it only heard it discussed. Let's go under the presumption it's accurate, should it not be taught as a part of our history? The south is still proud of its part in the civil war should we not teach how the south was so successful?

Well Tex, we wouldn't even be having this discussion if it wasn't for the 1619 project no?

The President vetting school curricula is the topic.
Those high-school history teachers need to include a day on the topic of how the framers of the government and authors of the constitution would react if it was suggested to them that the President ought to have that power.

The President vetting school curricula is the topic.
Those high-school history teachers need to include a day on the topic of how the framers of the government and authors of the constitution would react if it was suggested to them that the President ought to have that power.

Nice job of poo pooing the 1619 project

(thumbs up)

Back
Top Bottom