• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump says CDC Director Robert Redfield got it all wrong on COVID-19 masks, vaccines

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Trump says CDC Director Redfield is wrong on COVID-19 masks, vaccines

President Trump on Wednesday said Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Dr. Robert Redfield gave Congress “incorrect information” about masks and the speed of COVID-19 vaccine distribution.

Redfield told a Senate subcommittee hours earlier that the public won’t receive a potential vaccine until summer 2021. He also said wearing a face mask probably is better protection against COVID-19 than will be a vaccine.

“I think he made a mistake,” Trump said at a White House press briefing.

“We’ll be able to distribute at least 100 million vaccine doses by the end of 2020 and a large number much sooner than that,” Trump said. “Under no circumstance will it be as late as the doctor said.”

Trump said that he called Redfield to express his displeasure.
=============================================================
Redfield knows a lot more about this than Trump does. I think that Redfield's statements will likely prove to be correct.

I anticipate Trump pulling an 'October surprise' by announcing the start of vaccine distribution just before the election & then having it available just as Dr. Redfield predicted.

If you are still listening to Trump’s information or advice when it comes to all things Covid-19, then you should look into the Darwin Awards.

Trump says CDC Director Redfield is wrong on COVID-19 masks, vaccines

President Trump on Wednesday said Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Dr. Robert Redfield gave Congress “incorrect information” about masks and the speed of COVID-19 vaccine distribution.

Redfield told a Senate subcommittee hours earlier that the public won’t receive a potential vaccine until summer 2021. He also said wearing a face mask probably is better protection against COVID-19 than will be a vaccine.

“I think he made a mistake,” Trump said at a White House press briefing.

“We’ll be able to distribute at least 100 million vaccine doses by the end of 2020 and a large number much sooner than that,” Trump said. “Under no circumstance will it be as late as the doctor said.”

Trump said that he called Redfield to express his displeasure.
=============================================================
Redfield knows a lot more about this than Trump does. I think that Redfield's statements will likely prove to be correct.

I anticipate Trump pulling an 'October surprise' by announcing the start of vaccine distribution just before the election & then having it available just as Dr. Redfield predicted.

Well we all know that Trump knows more then anybody that has gone to collage for things like this and has worked in the field for years.
just like when he said the CV thing was nothing to worry about and will just go away as fast as it came
now who wouldn't believe him seeing he is the President and he know everything
just ask him I am sure he will tell you
Have a nice evening

My question is, where is he going to get these vaccines from?

None of the companies currently developing these vaccines would be willing to risk the lawsuits and damages from a failed vaccine that could potentially hurt people UNLESS... they are going to be shielded from any kind of damages by this administration...

But who in their right mind would trust that?

It’s not gonna pass in congress that’s for sure.

Pfizer CEO already stated this year is NOT in the cards and they are one of the most experienced at this game.

So where is he going to get it?

Most other nations have stated, middle of next year, at least.

So, I just don’t even know what the **** he is even promising here.

Didn't President Trump appoint CDC Director Redfield shortly after getting elected?

Pretty poor communication between the CDC and the President.

Back
Top Bottom