• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump saved the worst for last

What do you think is the straw that broke the camel's back in the election campaign? I say it was his little trip to the church, having the peaceful demonstrators cleared out for his little Bible-holding photo op.
That was a head-scratcher. What the hell was that pic intended to convey?
It came just a few hours after this pic hit the news media...
EZcimTBWsAMvG8_.jpeg
I suspect he was trying to trump Biden in a church talking to black leaders about the civil unrest.
Pretty friggin pitiful effort, and counter-productive.

I mean I can't really say personally.

I was opposed to him since the 2016 election, and despite giving him a small chance in 2017, it only took a few months for me to be convinced he was going to be at least as bad as I feared.

Despite family separation and other issues at the border not starting with Trump, his administration intentionally made that situation worse with intent of driving people away, which is a level of cruelty I cannot accept.

I don't think there was anything wrong at the start in hoping that somehow, his narcissism would lead him to actually try to get support by being a populist, and 'taking on the establishment' somewhat, but of course, he did that as much as Charles Manson became a police officer.

What do you think is the straw that broke the camel's back in the election campaign? I say it was his little trip to the church, having the peaceful demonstrators cleared out for his little Bible-holding photo op.
It was Covid and how every week just brought more news on how mismanaged the Covid response was, how Trump always knew how dangerous Covid was, way before the US was seriously hit by it, and then pf course how he caught it himself because he took no precautions. Covid was what broke his campaign.

Back
Top Bottom