• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump saved the worst for last

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Trump saved the worst for last

190220113814-01-winter-weather-0220-dc-large-169.jpg

12/20/20
Presidents usually experience a poll bump after they leave office. If there is any justice in the world (admittedly a big if), that won’t happen with Donald Trump. If posterity needs any reminder of how awful he has been, all it will have to do is look at his final days in office. Trump has saved the worst for last — and there is still a month to go before he is evicted from the White House. Trump’s singular focus since the election has been on overturning the results even at the cost of destroying U.S. democracy. For more than six weeks, Trump has been spewing conspiracy theories about nonexistent election fraud — claims that have been rejected in 59 court cases and counting, including by Trump-appointed judges. On Friday, as the New York Times first reported, Trump met at the White House with retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, a pardoned felon, and attorney Sidney Powell, who was fired from the Trump legal team after promoting conspiracy theories about the late Venezuelan president Hugo Chávez too wacky even for Trump. Trump reportedly discussed with the duo Flynn’s idea of declaring martial law and having the military “rerun” the election. Never before in U.S. history has there been a record of a president discussing a military coup to stay in office. Is there any doubt that if Trump could find any active-duty generals willing to carry out this plot against America, he would give it the go-ahead?

In this instance, all that is preserving the Constitution is the military’s fidelity to the rule of law. While Trump is focused like a laser on his election grievances, he has all but checked out of the fight against a pandemic that has already claimed the lives of more than 316,000 Americans and that is projected to kill more than 560,000 by April. “I think he’s just done with COVID,” one of Trump’s closest advisers told The Post. The pandemic isn’t the only threat to America that Trump is ignoring. U.S. government and corporate computer systems have been massively infiltrated, apparently by Russian hackers. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo attributed the assault to Russia. But Trump took to Twitter, contradicting Pompeo, playing down the severity of the attack and claiming that “it may be China. Thus the Trump presidency ends as it began — with Trump denying the reality of Russian cyberattacks and serving as an apologist for the dictator in the Kremlin. He has purged the senior leadership of the Pentagon and installed conspiracy-mongering loyalists in their place. And there is certainly worse to come — including a pardon-palooza that would put Trump cronies and family members beyond the reach of the law. If future generations are tempted to romanticize the Trump presidency, all they will have to do is look at his final days to see why historians are likely to regard him as the worst president in U.S. history.

bedtime-prayer.png

What do you think is the straw that broke the camel's back in the election campaign? I say it was his little trip to the church, having the peaceful demonstrators cleared out for his little Bible-holding photo op.

Will there be a bump for the construction trade as the camps are built? Good news for carpenters and plumbers, especially those who can install gas lines....

Will there be a bump for the construction trade as the camps are built? Good news for carpenters and plumbers, especially those who can install gas lines....

No, but there will be a bump for the construction trade as Biden works toward an infrastructure package. You know, the one that Trump TALKED ABOUT for four years but never actually spent any time or effort towards it. Would have gotten in the way of tweeting and calling into FOX and holding rallies.

No, but there will be a bump for the construction trade as Biden works toward an infrastructure package. You know, the one that Trump TALKED ABOUT for four years but never actually spent any time or effort towards it. Would have gotten in the way of tweeting and calling into FOX and holding rallies.

And running down to Florida every weekend at taxpayer expense to play golf, of course.

How many billions of dollars did Rump and associates pull from what budgets to spend on that damn wall?

How about an audit .......?

What do you think is the straw that broke the camel's back in the election campaign? I say it was his little trip to the church, having the peaceful demonstrators cleared out for his little Bible-holding photo op.

It was putting every American in worse peril than they need to be in from Covid.

infrastructure package.

This was one of TRump's campaign promises that I was looking forward to. What happened Donny?
No support from your hordes of orcs for such "constructive" projects?

The one Obama spent 8 years on called shovel ready jobs?

Obama had an unrealistic infrastructure program, even naive. Donnie did not have one at all. Donnie's was as all else Donnie....a FRAUD

Republicans refused to work with Obama on infrastructure projects. Trump could have easily gotten Republicans and Democrats to go along. Democrats have always favored infrastructure programs.

Republicans refused to work with Obama on infrastructure projects. Trump could have easily gotten Republicans and Democrats to go along. Democrats have always favored infrastructure programs.
Think of all the improvements we could have made if the Dems hadn't pissed all that money away on a false impeachment.

Obama rescued us from the Great Recession turning into another depression and there were indeed billions of dollars spent on infrastructure improvement. Trump focused on a huge tax cut for the wealthy elite and put the nation on a trillion dollar deficit for as far as the eye could see, and that was even before the COVID crisis. Must make you very proud, eh?

This was one of TRump's campaign promises that I was looking forward to. What happened Donny?
No support from your hordes of orcs for such "constructive" projects?

If there had been a codicil requiring a major thoroughfare on each project to be named Trump Boulevard, it would have gone to the top of his list. Guess he didn't think of that.....

His handling of C19. Older folks who happen to be the most reliable voters didn’t appreciate being put into harms way by that prick.

And running down to Florida every weekend at taxpayer expense to play golf, of course.
It is well worth remembering that all those trips to his properties, including Pence’s stay at a Trump resort in Scotland nearly 200 miles away from the conference he was there to attend were all at American taxpayers expense, putting money in Trump’s pocket.

I mean I can't really say personally.

I was opposed to him since the 2016 election, and despite giving him a small chance in 2017, it only took a few months for me to be convinced he was going to be at least as bad as I feared.

Despite family separation and other issues at the border not starting with Trump, his administration intentionally made that situation worse with intent of driving people away, which is a level of cruelty I cannot accept.

Trump, ever the petulant septuagenarian, refused to work on anything with Democrats until they stopped investigating him.

A total punk.

Hell, Nixon and Clinton worked through some of the most important legislation of their administrations while undergoing impeachment proceedings.

They didn’t quit on America.

Think of all the improvements we could have made if the Dems hadn't pissed all that money away on a false impeachment.
just curious, how much did they spend on the "false impeachment"?

Maybe trump should turn over some of that 200 Million Plus he has collected from the rubes, think that would do some good for the Nation, nope is not gonna happen he will pay his own bills with their money, grifters gotta grift.

Back
Top Bottom