• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump - Ryan Meeting

:lol: As of the latest polling, he's leading 78 to 14 over his primary competitor, in a district that voted for Cruz over Trump by ~20 percentage points, in a state where he enjoys a 78% approval rating among Republicans, the majority of whom voted against Trump.

From Paul Ryan's First Congressional District as of May 10:

Q: What is your opinion of Paul Ryan?
Favorable: 78%
Unfavorable: 15%
No opinion: 7%

Q: What is your opinion of Donald Trump?
Favorable: 41%
Unfavorable: 43%
No opinion: 16%

Q: What is your opinion of Sarah Palin?
Favorable: 24%
Unfavorable: 54%
No opinion: 22%

Q: The candidates in the Republican primary election for United States Congress are Paul Ryan and Paul Nehlen. If the election were held today, for whom would you vote?
Paul Ryan: 78%
Paul Nehlen: 14%
Undecided: 8%​

I think he'll survive. :)

But hey, his opponent has decided to really hit him on the issues - by attacking his kids' attendance at Catholic School.

Catholics are far and away the largest religious denomination in Wisconsin, so, that'll probably go over really well.

:lol: who's gonna take him down?

The idea that the same group of people who had to beg him to be speaker will now run him out of town is laughable at best.

The idea that the same group of people who had to beg him to be speaker will now run him out of town is laughable at best.
But, but, but, HE DIDN'T BOW DOWN BEFORE THE GOLDEN TRUMP!!! AAARG!!! ANGRY SIPPY CUP BANGING!!! PULLING OF SKIRTS OVER HEAD!!! NONONONONO!!! ALL OF YOU IDIOTIC MORON LOSERS HAVE TO LIKE US NOW!!!

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

But, but, but, HE DIDN'T BOW DOWN BEFORE THE GOLDEN TRUMP!!! AAARG!!! ANGRY SIPPY CUP BANGING!!! PULLING OF SKIRTS OVER HEAD!!! NONONONONO!!! ALL OF YOU IDIOTIC MORON LOSERS HAVE TO LIKE US NOW!!!

You know I like you, CP, but I think you and your Tapatalk may need an intervention.

You know I like you, CP, but I think you and your Tapatalk may need an intervention.
:) maybe I should stop shifting directly from Twitter to here.

Still, the general Trumpkin reaction to the last week or so has been as inchoate as it was self-destructive. Viciously attacking anyone who still has reservations about nominating a liberal authoritarian know-nothing who mocks POWs and the disabled after the primary is effectively over doesn't make them want to unite with you, it confirms why they don't want to.

And, so, the fascist coup begins again...
Imagine a boot stomping on the face of humanity, forever.

:) maybe I should stop shifting directly from Twitter to here.

Still, the general Trumpkin reaction to the last week or so has been as inchoate as it was self-destructive. Viciously attacking anyone who still has reservations about nominating a liberal authoritarian know-nothing who mocks POWs and the disabled after the primary is effectively over doesn't make them want to unite with you, it confirms why they don't want to.

Whether misdirected or not, whether attached to the wrong vehicle or not, I believe it shows the national distaste for all things that smack of D.C. and it crosses Party lines.
And like it or not, Trump has managed to make himself the driver of that vehicle.
Any D.C. denizen wouldn't have been able to do that as successfully.

Whether misdirected or not, whether attached to the wrong vehicle or not, I believe it shows the national distaste for all things that smack of D.C. and it crosses Party lines.
And like it or not, Trump has managed to make himself the driver of that vehicle.

So? So did George Wallace. Calling other politicians names doesn't make Trump someone other than what he is - a crude, crass, thin-skinned liberal authoritarian bully who lies constantly.

I'm capable of thinking critically, I don't need tribalism or personality cults to tell me what to think or who to support.

So? So did George Wallace. Calling other politicians names doesn't make Trump someone other than what he is - a crude, crass, thin-skinned liberal authoritarian bully who lies constantly.

I'm capable of thinking critically, I don't need tribalism or personality cults to tell me what to think or who to support.

It's identifying and latching on to the mood in the Country that got him where he is.

It's identifying and latching on to the mood in the Country that got him where he is.
[emoji38] you may want to recheck his favorable/unfavorables. "The Country" largely loathes him.

[emoji38] you may want to recheck his favorable/unfavorables. "The Country" largely loathes him.

And yet ...

And yet ...
... And yet I am correct. "The Country" doesn't love him, nor has he captured their "mood". Generally, "The Country" despises him.

... And yet I am correct. "The Country" doesn't love him, nor has he captured their "mood". Generally, "The Country" despises him.

But he beat all the rest so I guess they despise him the least?

But he beat all the rest so I guess they despise him the least?
Nope. He has a solid minority who would go nowhere else, $2.5 bn in free media, and the others were divided. Had we been down to three candidates after Iowa, and had the media not choked off every other candidate, the race would have loved very different.

Alternately, you could check - the favorable/unfavorable ratings are out there. The only guy who was ever worse off was Jeb.

Nope. He has a solid minority who would go nowhere else, $2.5 bn in free media, and the others were divided. Had we been down to three candidates after Iowa, and had the media not choked off every other candidate, the race would have loved very different.

Alternately, you could check - the favorable/unfavorable ratings are out there. The only guy who was ever worse off was Jeb.

What did Jeb symbolize?
I know Trump's fave/unfav ratings.
Yet he's already gotten more primary votes than any other Repub ever and the primaries aren't over yet.
And he's almost tied with Hillary nationally.
Nobody likes him but he keeps winning.
Go figure.

Back
Top Bottom