• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump rips McConnell in speech to Republicans

HumblePi

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Trump rips McConnell in speech to Republicans
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/547552-trump-rips-mcconnell-in-speech-to-republicans

According to The Washington Post, Trump referred to McConnell as a "dumb son of a bitch" during a speech to Republican National Committee (RNC) members at the former president's private Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida while apparently suggesting that Senate Majority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) would have fought for Trump were they in the same party.

“If that were Schumer instead of this dumb son of a bitch Mitch McConnell they would never allow it to happen. They would have fought it,” Trump told the assembled RNC members, according to the Post.

“I hired his wife. Did he ever say thank you?" Trump reportedly added, referring to his nomination of Elaine Chao, who served as secretary of Transportation in the Trump administration and is married to McConnell.

The Hill has reached out to McConnell's office for comment.

“Mitch is a dour, sullen, and unsmiling political hack, and if Republican Senators are going to stay with him, they will not win again,” Trump said at the time.

“He will never do what needs to be done, or what is right for our Country. Where necessary and appropriate, I will back primary rivals who espouse Making America Great Again and our policy of America First. We want brilliant, strong, thoughtful, and compassionate leadership,” the former president added
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I want all Trump supports to understand something. Donald Trump was never a politician and this was one of the main reasons people said they voted for him. Well, this is what we get when we elect any man that has no allegiance to the United States or respect for democracy. This is what happens when rather than electing a competent, experienced law-abiding American citizen, you choose a narcissistic racketeer. It means demeaning our constitution, giving a middle-finger to the rule of law, it means tearing apart the norms of respect and dignity towards others. The damage he heaps on our democracy didn't end with his presidency. Trump is a vindictive, evil man and he won't stop until he extracts revenge on his enemies even if they are his own party.

Someone still gives a shit what Trump says about other Republicans?

(BTW, that ends the debate on Trumpism being nothing more than an egotistical and narcissistic based litmus test for Trump leaning Republicans to exclude other Republicans.)

Someone still gives a shit what Trump says about other Republicans?

The ~70% of Trumpist Republicans do for starters, and that's enough reason to be concerned. Any hopes he'd be out of politics after his loss and insurrection are long gone by now.

The ~70% of Trumpist Republicans do for starters, and that's enough reason to be concerned. Any hopes he'd be out of politics after his loss and insurrection are long gone by now.
Why be concerned about it? Theres not enough of them to get anyone elected. Selfishly, I hope hes NOT gone from politics.....it all but guarantees Republicans dont win shit for the forseeable future....at least at the national level in most places.

Except donnie now faces a lifetime of Civil Tort and Criminal Prosecution. I would say has his hands full. Do you really think he is grifting his base to run again?

"dumb son of a bitch"

How rude!

Why be concerned about it? Theres not enough of them to get anyone elected. Selfishly, I hope hes NOT gone from politics.....it all but guarantees Republicans dont win shit for the forseeable future....at least at the national level in most places.

In terms of the presidency I'd guess pro-Trump Republicans have very little chance of winning (though people often seem to have that capacity to undershoot even the meagrest expectations), and would actively sabotage any non-Trump Republicans' chances too. But as you imply at the end of your post the influence of Trumpism probably is a concern for many state, local, and Congress seats. Plus the general influence on political discourse, the worldview of his followers, 'lone wolf' outliers... and international fans or copycats for that matter. I'm struggling to understand it, but over this side of the sea I personally know several otherwise reasonably intelligent folk with good lives who still think he's a good bloke, and there's surely been plenty of politicians taking notes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom