• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Rips Into U.S. Military Leaders

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
In response to a story in The Atlantic that cited anonymous White House sources as saying that President Trump called American soldiers killed in war “suckers” and “losers,” Trump claimed that while the top brass of the U.S. military is not “in love” with him, soldiers are....

Well that should fix things. <snicker>

Trump’s condemnation of military leaders as perpetuating the military industrial complex comes as a sharp departure from routine praise in the past. In recent months he’s lauded generals and admirals as “great people” who have done a “great job” combating coronavirus; he’s also appointed a former Raytheon lobbyist, Mark Esper, to lead the Defense Department.

Trump Rips Into U.S. Military Leaders But Insists Soldiers Love Him

Unbelievable.

Our President is the real "loser".

in before someone posts the pertinent scene of Downfall.

Unbelievable.

I guess, since military leaders didn't defend him, in light of his recent comments, they're in his crosshairs. Typical juvenile response from Trump.

Unbelievable.

If you want to clear up any notion that you called our fallen soldiers suckers and losers, it's best to spend the week publicly rekindling your hatred of McCain (a POW), your former 4 star general chief of staff who everyone trusted and liked more than you, and all your other generals.

That's guaranteed to clear everything up, just like magic.

If you want to clear up any notion that you called our fallen soldiers suckers and losers, it's best to spend the week publicly rekindling your hatred of McCain (a POW), your former 4 star general chief of staff who everyone trusted and liked more than you, and all your other generals.

If the election is fair and honest, this guy is going to get creamed.

The Generals need to save face or they'll lose the respect of the troops. But how? Where's the strategic thinking?

in before someone posts the pertinent scene of Downfall.

Wondering if the 'loser' NCOs who trump thinks support him would like to be one of those officers.

The Generals need to save face or they'll lose the respect of the troops. But how? Where's the strategic thinking?

Many people have gotten away with "sub tweeting" Trump. I.e. publicly voicing opinions that quite directly contradict trump while not using his name directly. It actually works quite frequently.

So Trump hates the military lol! The same military he's devoted a good deal of his time defending and rewarding for their service, Shame on the Dems for making this crap up.

So Trump hates the military lol! The same military he's devoted a good deal of his time defending and rewarding for their service, Shame on the Dems for making this crap up.

Soldiers don’t consider having to march in a parade to be a “reward”. Hate to break it to you.

Dead soldiers are losers and generals are morons, but trust me, nobody loves the military more than I do.

Wondering if the 'loser' NCOs who trump thinks support him would like to be one of those officers.

you'd have to ask them.

How does the right keep swallowing his lies?

Trump uses the military as a prop.

Many people have gotten away with "sub tweeting" Trump. I.e. publicly voicing opinions that quite directly contradict trump while not using his name directly. It actually works quite frequently.

I've read about that technique but can't remember where...and then I saw Obama do exactly that in his convention speech. He never mentioned Trump by name but there was no doubt who he was talking about. I think Dr. Fauci does it, too. Yes, it's a very effective technique because he robs Trump of getting his name in the news while still getting the message out.

To be clear, Trump doesn’t give a **** about the military anymore than he gives a **** about every other group of Americans. He attempts to give the false impression that our military supports him because he thinks it makes him look strong and tough. Never mind the fact that he repeatedly did everything he could to avoid service.

Now, with so many of our military’s highest ranking retired officers officers openly and emphatically calling Trump out for his constant assaults on democracy and rule of law, Trump says it’s the enlisted folks who matter, and their with me, but guess what, they aren’t either.

“In the latest results — based on 1,018 active-duty troops surveyed in late July and early August — nearly half of respondents (49.9 percent) had an unfavorable view of the president, compared to about 38 percent who had a favorable view.”
Trump’s popularity slips in latest Military Times poll — and more troops say they’ll vote for Biden

And when has Trump “defended” our military? Cite/link references.

“Rewarding” the military does have some merit, but even in that regard Trump hasn’t exactly stood out. The biggest pay raise he’s managed is 3.1%. W’s last budget gave the military a 3.9% raise, and Obama’s first budget (‘10) approved a 3.4% raise.

Then Trump’s “10% raise” lie directly in the faces of military members in December of ‘18;

“You protect us. We are always going to protect you. And you just saw that, because you just got one of the biggest pay raises you’ve ever received,” he said. “You haven’t gotten one in more than 10 years — more than 10 years. And we got you a big one. I got you a big one.”

“They said: ‘You know, we could make it smaller. We could make it 3%. We could make it 2%. We could make it 4%.’ I said: ‘No. Make it 10%. Make it more than 10%.”
Trump Boasted 10% Raises to the Troops He Visited. The Actual Raise Is Lower | Time

I've read about that technique but can't remember where...and then I saw Obama do exactly that in his convention speech. He never mentioned Trump by name but there was no doubt who he was talking about. I think Dr. Fauci does it, too. Yes, it's a very effective technique because he robs Trump of getting his name in the news while still getting the message out.

I had Dr. Fauci precisely in mind when I wrote that, but there have been others.

It seems pretty clear that Trump does not want to be reelected. He wants to go back to his business where he is in charge and people do what they are told. He has been acting like a complete idiot for the past several weeks.

For one thing Trump is an habitual liar, and everyone knows it, including his followers. Thus, partially explaining their silence when it comes to Trump.

Forbes reports, "Trump is claiming that while the top brass of the U.S. military is not “in love” with him, soldiers are, despite a recent poll that has him trailing former Vice President Joe Biden among active duty service members."

Then, in an effort to lose more votes from active duty service members and those who have undying respect for active duty service members, "during his press conference on Monday, Trump doubled down on his criticism of McCain, saying he has “always been on the opposite side” and “never been a fan” of McCain because “he wanted endless wars and I didn’t,'" according to Forbes. McCain was the Republican Presidential candidate in 2008.

Trump wasn't through trashing the U.S. military. Forbes continued, "Trump offered similar criticism of top military generals and Pentagon officials, with whom he has often had a strained relationship, accusing them of wanting to “do nothing but fight wars” so “all of those wonderful companies that make the bombs and make the planes and make everything else stay happy.'"

During Vietnam and the military= draft, an athlete in high school and college, Trump avoided the military because of bad feet.

There are hundreds of photos on the net showing Trump honoring members of the armed forces. Your argument is invalid.

Image2.jpg

There are hundreds of photos on the net showing Trump honoring members of the armed forces. Your argument is invalid.

View attachment 67294415

Your reply is nonsense, Trump is the master of doing one thing while saying another. I heard him call John McCain a loser for getting captured, why wouldn't I believe he would say what he's accused of?

Back
Top Bottom