• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

...Trump ridicules Ann Coulter, slams Fox News...

j brown's body

"A Soros-backed animal"
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
In a Wall Street Journal interview published on Sunday, Trump hit back at Ann Coulter, the conservative author whose threats about the defection of the president’s base were credited with pushing him to his once-uncompromising stance. When he backed down on Friday, she called him a “wimp."

“I hear she’s become very hostile,” Trump told the Journal. “Maybe I didn’t return her phone call or something.”

Also on Sunday, he attacked two top reporters for Fox News, his news channel of choice, saying they had displayed “even less understanding of the Wall negotiations than the folks at FAKE NEWS CNN & NBC!”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/01/28/maybe-i-didnt-return-her-phone-call-trump-ridicules-ann-coulter-slams-fox-news-fallout-over-wall/?utm_term=.a1d4fa2e4a04

Trump splitting with Fox News could be disastrous to his presidency. It seems like it may force his base to take sides.

Just a little dust up... He is not splitting with FOX news as you say.
Maybe wishful thinking? :peace

Trump is nothing without Fox News constantly calling him a genius. I don't think this is a fight he wants.

The Tyrant's Lash is going onto his core supporters now.

He failed to lead.

His armor is cracked and his weakness is exposed.

Just a little dust up... He is not splitting with FOX news as you say.
Maybe wishful thinking? :peace

Of course not. Fox is trump's state run TV.

Rather disgusting. And as much as you'd like to comeback with some kind of equivalence... there isn't any in the land of reality.

Trump and his adoring toadies on the right might have a little lovers tiff from time to time, but they always come back to each other with the full knowledge that they are together in this until the bitter end.

The Tyrant's Lash is going onto his core supporters now.

He failed to lead.

His armor is cracked and his weakness is exposed.

Always was for those who chose to look............

Trump wants to able to say that he kept a major campaign promise - building (at least a bit of) the Great Wall Of Trump. At this point,Trump is quite willing to trade amnesty (hopefully temporary) for millions of "illegal" immigrants in exchange for building some (230 to 50?) miles of additional physical barriers on the US/Mexico border.

The bulk of the current "crisis" (national emergency?) at the US/Mexico border is caused directly the stupid laws that allow anyone from many nations who gets inside the US to claim asylum, be released (for years?) pending a court hearing and become authorized to work inside the US. Even passing a strict, nationwide E-Verify mandate would not fix that moronic federal law.

The rational approach to solving any problem is first accurately identifying that problem. A very tiny percentage of those "illegally" entering the country are "bad hombres" - the vast majority are simply folks seeking better paying jobs and the perks of living in a first world country which offers birthright citizenship (and periodic amnesty).

Meh, Trump has butted heads with Fox News before, though admittedly most were before his Presidency. But with the Republican Party basically saying last week they were going all in with Trump in 2020, I'd be surprised if this spat leads to anything more.

Last edited:
Coulter made the wimp cry. #Sad

And Fox is leaving the reservation. Maybe?

Fox News, along with many others, now realizes that Trump cares only about adding (a tiny portion of?) the Great Wall Of Trump and is willing to make all manner of "compromises" in order to get his "win". IMHO, the best that Trump can hope for in his latest three weeks of "congressional negotiations" is to trade amnesty for millions in exchange for a few (50 to 75?) miles of Great Wall Of Trump funding.

You trump haters crack me up. You predict everything that happens, no matter how benign as the begining of the end of his presidency.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Fox News, along with many others, now realizes that Trump cares only about adding (a tiny portion of?) the Great Wall Of Trump and is willing to make all manner of "compromises" in order to get his "win". IMHO, the best that Trump can hope for in his latest three weeks of "congressional negotiations" is to trade amnesty for millions in exchange for a few (50 to 75?) miles of Great Wall Of Trump funding.
In fairness, I am about 80% convinced Republican politicians do not actually want a new wall which covers the entire border. It is much easier to campaign for a wall than it is to actually accomplish it and then pat yourself on the back for it.

Trump splitting with Fox News could be disastrous to his presidency. It seems like it may force his base to take sides.

Yeah, burning bridges can work very well so long as you're only burning the bridges that lead to your opponent's side, but just like every other idiot like Trump eventually, they take it one step too far. As soon as you burn the bridge that leads to your re-enforcements you find yourself alone and ****ed.

In fairness, I am about 80% convinced Republican politicians do not actually want a new wall which covers the entire border. It is much easier to campaign for a wall than it is to actually accomplish it and then pat yourself on the back for it.

Of course they do NOT want a wall. They never did.. Their business and Corp donors LOVE immigrants, both legal and illegal,,, They work cheap. Trump has dozens of illegals working at his businesses..

The GOP has been taking tough about immigration for decades, but they never do a thing about it.. they talk tough to fire up their foaming at the mouth base. Trump screams 'build a wall' at his rallies and his base goes crazy.. But the GOP had 2 years to build that wall, but they and Trump didn't do a damn until the mid-terms and the Dems took the House. That gave the GOP a scapegoat, the Dems.

They've been lying to their base about being tough on immigration for decades.. And their base just keeps falling for that lie, it's like they like being lied to and conned.

I doubt that fox will abandon its role as state tv anytime soon.

This is not quite what it is being made out to be.

It is not Trump vs. FoxNews, it is Trump vs. Ann Coulter with FoxNews being somewhat collateral data. In this case it started with Ann Coulter's response to Trump's "deal" to end the government shutdown and negotiate with Democrats over the next several weeks. No matter if it is another shutdown or not, Ann Coulter accused Trump of being a wimp then went on Bill Maher's show and spared over all of this including again Coulter being hard on Trump's handling of all this.

The irony is DP has had several conversations in other threads saying that Trump's reasoning for the shutdown in the first place was in response to the farthest right wanting the wall, appealing to that part of the GPO that arguably Ann Coulter is part of.

Now Trump caves and is getting the backlash from Ann Coulter who speaks to enough of that group to be somewhat meaningful to his base.

I am not a Trump supporter by any means but I think Trump deciding to take the bait and spar with Ann Coulter is not very wise, it puts him in a position to be arguing with someone via Twitter to speaks to enough of the far right that it would generate the wrong conversation for them to be having. Worse, Trump tends to be harsh on those that criticize him especially women making the whole thing a giant landmine headed into negotiations with Democrats.

I still do not think Trump will get his wall, odds are we'll see another shutdown, and how the far right aligns itself behind Trump's actions (or decides not to) impacts 2020. The base taking side will ultimately be about who is at the mic speaking to them about these last several weeks, I am unsure it can be kind to Trump but then again they are all used to being lied to.

We see Trump time and time again engage in Twitter fights with all sorts of people, going after someone who speaks to FoxNews all of which speaks to his base is not very wise.

I guess we should look on the bright side for our right leaning friends, FoxNews should get a ratings bump over this.

Back
Top Bottom