• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

...Trump ridicules Ann Coulter, slams Fox News...

In fairness, I am about 80% convinced Republican politicians do not actually want a new wall which covers the entire border. It is much easier to campaign for a wall than it is to actually accomplish it and then pat yourself on the back for it.

Since it has been stated about a million times that Trump only wants to add less than 300 miles to the existing Pelosi-Schumer 700 miles of their evil, racist and worthless border barrier they spent billions on solely for Pelosi and Schumer's personal pure racist hatred of Latinos, you finally figured that "Republican politicians do not actually want a new wall which covers the entire border." or at least about "80%" Maybe if it is stated another million times you can 100% hear it. :roll:

Deportation is a very expensive process - it makes far more sense to remove the jobs magnate (mandate universal E-Verify) and simply have them self-deport.
I have no problem with that. I will say that I do think that argument is somewhat overused though.

It creates this narrative that if people would just stop hiring them they will all go home and stop coming in the future. I dont believe that to be true if the only thing your suggesting is implementing e-verify.

Forged documents beat it and working under the table beats it. So right off the bat you have those two problems to overcome.

Then we have the issue of Gov welfare being provided to them. That too needs to stop. That includes accepting their children in our schools.

Then we have a problem with mayors and governor's offering them sanctuary status. That needs to stop.

We also have a problem with the courts contradicting and challenging the authority of our gov to detainee these people and to deport them.

Finally as you pointed out earlier there is the problem of a legislative branch that has shown no desire to write any laws to curb any of it.

Whe I agree that e-verify might slow some of it down I dont see it as a singular action that would be very effective alone. Imo the simplest way to prevent most of this is to prevent them from being able to set foot inside our borders. I think a barrier makes a lot of sense. It wont be 100% effective but it probably will be the single most effective thing we can do at this time.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Which is why I think he won't lose his base and am surprised how many conservative commentators don't get this. So, let him get back to all the other things on his agenda. Continue the economy and delivering on jobs, gdp and wages.
Also, Trump needs to schedule the SOTU and give it. Enough of Pelosi blocking.
Imo I think if they dont offer him wall funding, rather than shut down the gov he should only sign clean Bill's that keep the employees working and no funding for anything else. Starve all of them from funding for all their pet projects and if they attempt to attach funding for them onto Bill's to keep the gov open, veto them. Hang any future shutdown where it belongs, make Congress where it like an albatross.

Since it has been stated about a million times that Trump only wants to add less than 300 miles to the existing Pelosi-Schumer 700 miles of their evil, racist and worthless border barrier they spent billions on solely for Pelosi and Schumer's personal pure racist hatred of Latinos, you finally figured that "Republican politicians do not actually want a new wall which covers the entire border." or at least about "80%" Maybe if it is stated another million times you can 100% hear it. :roll:

That might be all the down payment he wants right now will pay for, but he expressed all through the campaign a grand monument stretching from coast to coast, possibly sheathed in gold leaf with his name emblazoned in neon lights every half mile, I don't quite recall.

If he and his supporters have to keep paring it down till it's nothing but a few miles of steel slats here and there, I think I'll take that as an admission of defeat.

I have no problem with that. I will say that I do think that argument is somewhat overused though.

It creates this narrative that if people would just stop hiring them they will all go home and stop coming in the future. I dont believe that to be true if the only thing your suggesting is implementing e-verify.

Forged documents beat it and working under the table beats it. So right off the bat you have those two problems to overcome.

Then we have the issue of Gov welfare being provided to them. That too needs to stop. That includes accepting their children in our schools.

Then we have a problem with mayors and governor's offering them sanctuary status. That needs to stop.

We also have a problem with the courts contradicting and challenging the authority of our gov to detainee these people and to deport them.

Finally as you pointed out earlier there is the problem of a legislative branch that has shown no desire to write any laws to curb any of it.

Whe I agree that e-verify might slow some of it down I dont see it as a singular action that would be very effective alone. Imo the simplest way to prevent most of this is to prevent them from being able to set foot inside our borders. I think a barrier makes a lot of sense. It wont be 100% effective but it probably will be the single most effective thing we can do at this time.

I'm suggesting that a current (annual) E-Verify certification be required for the deduction of any (W-2 or 1099) employee's direct labor costs. That takes the burden off of ICE/ERO and places it on IRS to enforce the law. Employers already have to file IRS paperwork for each employee annually so adding E-Verify to the process is fairly easy to do.

I'm suggesting that a current (annual) E-Verify certification be required for the deduction of any (W-2 or 1099) employee's direct labor costs. That takes the burden off of ICE/ERO and places it on IRS to enforce the law. Employers already have to file IRS paperwork for each employee annually so adding E-Verify to the process is fairly easy to do.
I agree it's a relatively simple thing to do that will help

Congratulations, you clearly demonstrated you have absolutely no understanding of what I have written. Great job!

Back
Top Bottom