• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump reveals how he would force Mexico to pay for border wall

I'm not saying he should be.
You gotta remember, in "pretendoland", if either he or Bernie were elected, they wouldn't be able to do much of anything.
May be a good reason to do it, then congress can reclaim some of their power back.

Perhaps, but I don't have much faith in either parties established congress critter leadership right now. Bit of a cynic like that. I really do NOT trust Paul Ryan.

His followers are the real idiots.

Some are. Some are smart, and they confuse me because they don't go nutso over moronic ideas like this one. The Donald is just getting more insufferable by the day.

Your contention here is that every Republican is an "idiot"? I think you and the Donald may have more in common than you think.

He is a populist and may in the general election try popular things for democrats, but I doubt they would fall for that, because the wall, his misogynistic attitude to women and his awful standing with minorities make it that most democrats wouldn't even support him if he promised them loads of things (especially as he is also seen as lying Donald, he may whine about Ted but his honesty rating isn't that much better).

there are plenty decent Republicans, just not in their presidential candidates.

Kasich is a good guy. Decent governor, good man, and very adept at balancing budgets and working in a non-partisan manner. Cruz is a decent man, just too extreme for me. Trump is a jackass.

And you are completely oblivious to what an idiotic comment you made is, aren't you? :lamo

Maybe he is a closeted republican ;)

just kidding!

To you too David_N, just kidding.

"I probably identify more as Democrat" -Donald Trump

I definitely identify him as a dingbat moron - Peter King :)2wave: that would be this Peter King, not the politician)

His followers are the real idiots.

A very important argument for the discussion at hand I am sure.

What part of the Patriot Act is he talking about specifically, and how does he plan to get around Congress is not quite as important as the mindset of certain voters, but nevertheless of interest for some.

Kasich is a good guy. Decent governor, good man, and very adept at balancing budgets and working in a non-partisan manner. Cruz is a decent man, just too extreme for me. Trump is a jackass.

Kasich, has signed 16 anti-abortion laws into law

Kasich has signed a law that cuts off public funding to rape crisis centers if they council women about abortion

Those things alone me doubt his good guy status, but that is just me.

Cruz IMO is not that decent a man, decent men at least have some friends/bystanders. And from what we know, he is not safe on the senate floor ;)

And you are right, Trump is cuckoo.

He's a self identified republican, what do you expect?

And he was a Democrat before that. Does it make him any less horrible? Does it make BS any better?

The other huge problem with this idiotic idea is that only about a third - maybe 40% - of the land where a wall would be erected is actually Federal. The rest is either state land or in private hands. That's a lot of land to subject to eminent domain.
who would turn down a free fence? if I had property on the border, I would be for it.

OMFG, look at this ****? Mexico is sssooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ****ing important; the world would collapse. NOT!

If the US economy collapsed or took a beating because of the stupid policy of its commander in chief, then yes the world would suffer. And Mexico is not the issue, the issue is unilaterally withholding the private funds of forigen citizens... we are talking about 2 billion dollars a month. What is to stop Trump from pulling this card against other nations that dont want to bow down and kiss his small penis?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...196314-fa7c-11e5-80e4-c381214de1a3_story.html

Hey, all you trumpkies, your man is a moron. This isn't legal, diplomatically smart or even doable. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

LOL what find funny is the fact that so many people actually take him seriously. The man is showboating for votes. Even though he will never be president, I doubt he will ever be dumb/crazy enough to carry through with the campaign promises he made even if he did get elected.

I don't know if it isn't legal, but it's not smart.
It could spur an even greater migration wave.

The President has the ability to freeze economic structures out of the US banking system. But it would require more than just ending remittances - that would involve ending US / Mexican trade. Not tariffing it. Ending it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...196314-fa7c-11e5-80e4-c381214de1a3_story.html

Hey, all you trumpkies, your man is a moron. This isn't legal, diplomatically smart or even doable. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

There's a difference between the threat of, and actually doing it. The difference is if you are called on your bluff or not.

I don't see how it's illegal. Isn't diplomatically smart, that's for sure. It's very rare that pissing off one of your neighbors and larger trading partners is wise.

All that being said, how is the US benefiting from the trade deal with Mexico? Seems it's all to Mexico's benefit. Perhaps that needs closer examination?

I think at this point, it's all fantasy stuff.

Yes because Trump aint gonna win. But the problem here is attitude. He loves to threaten to sue people. He has sued people, over minor idiotic things and he has lost. This attitude is a problem if you happen to command the biggest military and economy on the planet.... Trump could not do much about Scotland not wanting his golf courses.. as a private citizen, but he could enact revenge in other ways when President. Trump is a man who holds grudges and plays dirty. We know this from his hole business careerer where he has been a slum lord to a bankruptcy skater. To put it blunt.. Trump is a typical school house bully, that happens to have nukes and special forces at his command if he becomes president.

And it does not even address the fact that building a wall will fail.. it will cost almost more to maintain than freaking build. Where the wall has been built it has actually caused massive problems for locals, as this wall will have to be built a considerable way inside the US border to be legal.. unless Trump wants to break those laws as well. Or even better, he might just invade Mexico and build it there!...

The President has the ability to freeze economic structures out of the US banking system. But it would require more than just ending remittances - that would involve ending US / Mexican trade. Not tariffing it. Ending it.

Considering that it won't happen, I don't care about the finer points.
I'm sure he'd likely try to create a "two ways" scenario, but it's not going to happen anyway.
Trump, elected or not, will be boxed in and/or lame ducked.

A very important argument for the discussion at hand I am sure.

What part of the Patriot Act is he talking about specifically, and how does he plan to get around Congress is not quite as important as the mindset of certain voters, but nevertheless of interest for some.

Part of the Patriot Act (and its subsequent versions) allows for oversight of the US banking system, which extends globally through anyone with whom we do business. It's designed to help us counter money laundering and terror support.

Considering that it won't happen, I don't care about the finer points.
I'm sure he'd likely try to create a "two ways" scenario, but it's not going to happen anyway.
Trump, elected or not, will be boxed in and/or lame ducked.

You're just jelly because you couldn't figure out a way to get rid of $17 Trillion in debt in 8 years while also dramatically increasing public expenditures, and he did. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom