• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump revealed highly classified information to Russian foreign minister... [W:241]

pragmatic

"Pawn in game of life"
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
"President Trump revealed highly classified information to the Russian foreign minister and ambassador in a White House meeting last week, according to current and former U.S. officials, who said that Trump’s disclosures jeopardized a critical source of intelligence on the Islamic State.

The information Trump relayed had been provided by a U.S. partner through an intelligence-sharing arrangement considered so sensitive that details have been withheld from allies and tightly restricted even within the U.S. government, officials said."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...4f199710b69_story.html?utm_term=.0a38da2d2439

According to the Washington Post. Breaking...

Re: Trump revealed highly classified information to Russian foreign minister...

"There's gambling at Rick's, I'm shocked!"

He's going to end up stepping down and Pence will take over.

"There's gambling at Rick's, I'm shocked!"

Okay. That was sorta funny.

<smile>

"President Trump revealed highly classified information to the Russian foreign minister and ambassador in a White House meeting last week, according to current and former U.S. officials, who said that Trump’s disclosures jeopardized a critical source of intelligence on the Islamic State.

The information Trump relayed had been provided by a U.S. partner through an intelligence-sharing arrangement considered so sensitive that details have been withheld from allies and tightly restricted even within the U.S. government, officials said."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...4f199710b69_story.html?utm_term=.0a38da2d2439

According to the Washington Post. Breaking...

The Cons had a cow over Hillary Clinton's email server. In the end, the sin was the off site server merely exposed potentially classified information. So, instead they vote for / support Trump, who may have simply handed over state secrets.

When are the Trump nuts going to see the light and believe what nearly every knowledgable person told us last fall, Trump is unfit for office. Maybe you aren't ready to give up on Trump, but if you truly love America, you better be starting to wonder if we don't indeed have a major problem.

Okay. That was sorta funny.

<smile>

You must be old, you didn't have time to look it up! I took some license with the quote.....
The hits just keep coming......

Last edited:
Trump revealed highly classified info to Russian foreign minister and ambassador

Full, unabridged title: Trump revealed highly classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador

Immediately before Trump was sworn into office our intelligence officials warned Israeli intelligence against sharing information with a future Trump administration in the fear that Trump would share classified data with Russia. I can only assume we made similar warnings to other allies.

That fear has materialized.

The information Trump relayed had been provided by a U.S. partner through an intelligence-sharing arrangement considered so sensitive that details have been withheld from allies and tightly restricted even within the U.S. government, officials said.

The partner had not given the United States permission to share the material with Russia, and officials said that Trump’s decision to do so risks cooperation from an ally that has access to the inner workings of the Islamic State. After Trump’s meeting, senior White House officials took steps to contain the damage, placing calls to the CIA and National Security Agency.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...sm_tw&tid=sm_tw&tid=sm_tw&tid=sm_tw&tid=sm_tw

The damage that this will do to our ability to share critical intelligence with our allies is incalculable. It will also call into question the wisdom of our intelligence apparatus in sharing classified data with our own President.

Last edited:
Re: Trump revealed highly classified info to Russian foreign minister and ambassador

This just never stops! This will break over partisan lines!

Re: Trump revealed highly classified info to Russian foreign minister and ambassador

This was from Jan 14:

U.S. intelligence officials reportedly warn Israeli counterparts against sharing info with Trump administration - Israel News - Haaretz.com

Israeli intelligence officials are concerned that the exposure of classified information to their American counterparts under a Trump administration could lead to their being leaked to Russia and onward to Iran, investigative journalist Ronen Bergman reported by Israeli daily Yediot Ahronot on Thursday.

The intelligence concerns, which have been discussed in closed forums recently, are based on suspicions of unreported ties between President-elect Donald Trump, or his associates, and the government of Vladimir Putin in Moscow.

Full, unabridged title: Trump revealed highly classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador

Immediately before Trump was sworn into office our intelligence officials warned Israeli intelligence against sharing information with a future Trump administration in the fear that Trump would share classified data with Russia. I can only assume we made similar warnings to other allies.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...sm_tw&tid=sm_tw&tid=sm_tw&tid=sm_tw&tid=sm_tw

The damage that this will do to our ability to share critical intelligence with our allies is incalculable. It will also call into question the wisdom of our intelligence apparatus in sharing classified data with our own President.

Do you have some proof other than some dark net unnamed spook in Jeff Bezo's anti-Trump rag?

You have to have more than that, or maybe you are willing to side with Putin to topple Trump to further agitate relations between citizens in the USA, using stagetically placed propaganda?

Oh dear lord. Everything we had feared in our heart-of-hearts is coming true before our horrified eyes.

Do you have some proof other than some dark net unnamed spook in Jeff Bezo's anti-Trump rag?

You have to have more than that, or maybe you are willing to side with Putin to topple Trump to further agitate relations between citizens in the USA, using stagetically placed propaganda?

Please read the article before commenting on its veracity. Thanks.

The same people screaming lock her up and calling Clinton a traitor will now bend over and defend Trump.

This isn't too shocking if true. I remember being alarmed when his resort guests took pictures next to the guy holding the nuclear football. Trump is a civilian and hasn't had to deal with clearances. Of course he is going gush about things he shouldn't when people come to visit him. He can't help himself.

Trump said to the Russian diplomats: “I get great intel. I have people brief me on great intel every day.”

Among the information he told the Russians was data an important ally shared with us:

1)The nature of an ISIS plot and the level of damage it could do.
2)The city in ISIS territory where the threat was forming.
3)Clues that would help Russia identify the ally and their techniques.
4)Measures that the United States has taken or is contemplating to counter the threat, including military operations in Iraq and Syria as well as other steps to tighten security

yawn...

Some people just LOVE those unnamed sources.

Me? I prefer verified...and verifiable...facts.

Those e-mails tho.

The Cons had a cow over Hillary Clinton's email server. In the end, the sin was the off site server merely exposed potentially classified information. So, instead they vote for / support Trump, who may have simply handed over state secrets.

When are the Trump nuts going to see the light and believe what nearly every knowledgable person told us last fall, Trump is unfit for office. Maybe you aren't ready to give up on Trump, but if you truly love America, you better be starting to wonder if we don't indeed have a major problem.

Need to wait for all the details to shake out. This quote from McMaster conflicts with the story headline:

"The president and the foreign minister reviewed common threats from terrorist organizations to include threats to aviation,” said H.R. McMaster, the national security adviser, who participated in the meeting. “At no time were any intelligence sources or methods discussed and no military operations were disclosed that were not already known publicly.”

but-her-emails-1.jpg

"This too shall pass"

McMaster's already came out and said the WaPo story is "fiction". but please libs, continue the pompous fake outrage party. and don't worry. there will be another fake story to wet your pants about within 48 hours I promise.

C0VI5kBWIAEhgoi.jpg

Back in the 90s, I remember when Republicans thought our President lying about a blowjob was the biggest threat to the union since the Civil War. Then for four years all we heard was Benghazi! because we had an embassy attacked during the Obama years - despite the fact they said nothing the 8 times terrorists hit embassies during the Bush years.

So now they sit here and making nothing but ridiculous excuses for this incompetent, pathologically lying, disturbed clown that cannot go a week, a week, without doing something remarkably stupid. Sharing top secret information with the Russians is just typical for this clown. He can't help himself. I just hope all his supporters know that they will be tarred with this incompetent orange asshole for the rest of their lives. He is in the oval office because you put him there. Own it.

C0VI5kBWIAEhgoi.jpg

Back in the 90s, I remember when Republicans thought our President lying about a blowjob was the biggest threat to the union since the Civil War. Then for four years all we heard was Benghazi! because we had an embassy attacked during the Obama years - despite the fact they said nothing the 8 times terrorists hit embassies during the Bush years.

So now they sit here and making nothing but ridiculous excuses for this incompetent, pathologically lying, disturbed clown that cannot go a week, a week, without doing something remarkably stupid. Sharing top secret information with the Russians is just typical for this clown. He can't help himself. I just hope all his supporters know that they will be tarred with this incompetent orange asshole for the rest of their lives. He is in the oval office because you put him there. Own it.

You know that controversial joke Colbert made about trump, I am starting to believe that the joke is actually believable

Back
Top Bottom