• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Trump resists calls to disclose his tax returns

yankintx

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
If he is being audited over a couple years, it means that the IRS is LOOKING hard at the Don

But then again, he says they will not be released until Nov!!

Something to hide?

The Right would be throwing themselves on the floor convulsing if this were Mrs Clinton

Trump resists calls to disclose his tax returns - CNNPolitics.com

I think calls to show tax records of a candidates are stupid, personally... there's no need to release them and they serve no public utility when released.

I think calls to show tax records of a candidates are stupid, personally... there's no need to release them and they serve no public utility when released.

Will you give Mrs Clinton a free pass as well?

How nice

If he is being audited over a couple years, it means that the IRS is LOOKING hard at the Don

Something to hide?

The Right would be throwing themselves on the floor convulsing if this were Mrs Clinton

The guy is a grifter.

Not sure why it's taking people so long to realize it.

There's no reason one can't disclose returns if they are being audited.

How nice

Why the hell would anyone care what's in her or any other candidate's tax return? See if they gave a politically correct amount to charity?

Something to hide?

You know, I've never really understood the need to see candidates' tax returns. I don't understand the relevance. But that said, it seems to be a tradition, and Mr. Wonderful should have to pony up the way the rest do/did.

Why the hell would anyone care what's in her or any other candidate's tax return? See if they gave a politically correct amount to charity?

exactly... there's no real useful information to be gleaned from tax returns..... this modern tradition of releasing them is dumb.

You know, I've never really understood the need to see candidates' tax returns. I don't understand the relevance. But that said, it seems to be a tradition, and Mr. Wonderful should have to pony up the way the rest do/did.

It's voluntary so I don't blame him for saying no.

it's a very recent tradition... only since the early 1970's.

In this sort of election, this is a waste. Between Trump's business background and Hillary's wealth shenanigans it will end up looking like which one is the bigger asshole.

I never understood the reasons for disclosing tax returns. If there is something hidden, the IRS will undoubtedly come out and make a spectacle about it. Furthermore, it doesn't matter if he was laundering money all over the world, that wouldn't stop his supporters from voting for him.

It's nobody's business to begin with. It's a political maneuver thrown out by there by the politicians and media to get single minded people like the OP all worked up.

How nice

She has already been given several over the course of the years. You don't seem to have a problem with that.

exactly... there's no real useful information to be gleaned from tax returns..... this modern tradition of releasing them is dumb.

Actually there could be, if his tax returns show many donations to democrats running for office or any sort of wrong doing or simply lies about their income then that information could be very dam*ing.

She has already been given several over the course of the years. You don't seem to have a problem with that.

Funny I could not find any free passes for her and the right has been hounding her for over 20 years straight, I see you hold yours immune scrutiny, which is strange since you do not believe anything negative about your guy.

Funny I could not find any free passes for her and the right has been hounding her for over 20 years straight, I see you hold yours immune scrutiny, which is strange since you do not believe anything negative about your guy.

Of course you can't. The reasons you're blind to them have been discussed. The first pass I can recall is on Whitewater and the Rose Law Firm. Those were Hillary's trades that sent every other partner in the firm to jail - except the one partner who got a pass - her.

How nice

I will. No one needs to know how much money a candidate made or how much tax they paid on that income. It serves no reasonable or useful purpose, other than to try to embarrass the candidate - they either made too much money (the evil rich), paid too little in taxes (probably because they followed the law), or made to little money as income and are portrayed as not a success financially. Again, it serves to reasonable or useful purpose.

What these people pay in taxes, or don't, means jack squat to me. I'm far more concerned with the outright lies they tell on a daily basis.

Nothing wrong with tradition!!

Lets see em Don!!

what are you going to do with them if released?... it's obvious you won't vote for him with or without the returns, so what's the point in you calling for him to release them?

Back
Top Bottom