• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Resigns

Trump Resigns

• First Quarter

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Second Quarter

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • he makes it through another year

Votes: 44 81.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rickc

DP Veteran
Reaction score
will it be the first or second quarter of next year?

I do not see that being likely, the most likely thing I could see happening is he doesn't run again, but even that's probably not all that likely.

I don't see Trump resigning at all, unless there's one hell of a case against him personally from somewhere, probably the Mueller investigation if anything.

I cannot think of any scenario in which Trump resigns.

Well, if he is actually kicked out of office, he will claim to have resigned.

But other than that, no.

Not only will Trump NOT resign, he will be President until Jan. 2025.

I wouldn't go that far, it's still about 23 months until the 2020 election.
A lot of **** can happen in that amount of time, look at all the stuff since 2016 election.

I am making the assumption that this poll is based on the idea that Trump will be prosecuted and resign rather than get in trouble.

He's not going anywhere for 2 years. The senate won't impeach, he will never admit guilt or defeat, and there is currently no real progress on the cases against him. Besides, I'd rather see him and Pence voted out together than just swap up Pence and watch the pardon run through in record time.

I do get seriously concerned, though, that the Trump haters are going to get him elected again. When they scream about the sky falling every time he opens his belligerent mouth. They attack every time he misspells a word or says something dumb. They are so loud and constant that it becomes a buzzing noise and makes people think the real stuff isn't real. It even creates sympathy!

This empowers him! It actually favors him to get louder and more off-the-wall. The more they demonstrate Trump Derangement Syndrome, the more likely they make him to get voted back in. Obama DS sure helped him keep office and he didn't give near as much ammunition as Trump.

Spend this much energy attacking him and you also create a feeling that anyone can beat him and you end up with another Hillary disaster.

Sorry for such a long digression, but I'm really worried he will be kept in office by his opposition.

I went for another year.

Firstly, selfish reasons: I say the sooner the better and I don't mind being proven wrong by him leaving earlier than I called it. It'll be a nice surprise.

Secondly and more rationally, he still has the senate and a solid core of Republican supporters. He likely has the supreme court and soon possibly the DOJ in the bag for him. The only legal way he could be removed under those circumstances is by impeachment, a political act that takes 2/3 in the senate and the opposition don't have those numbers. It will have to be demonstrated that he did something so heinous (and so far the Republican tolerance is incredibly high) that impeachment is imminent and like Nixon he resigns. I just cannot say till we know exactly what Mueller has.

Now whether that should happen, or should have already, that's a yes. But will it? The guy's a survivor if nothing else. Six bankruptcies and counting...

I wouldn't go that far, it's still about 23 months until the 2020 election.
A lot of **** can happen in that amount of time, look at all the stuff since 2016 election.

Heck look at all that's happened since last month's election...

Trump Resigns

Of all the things that Trump may do, resigning from the presidency isn't among those I think, or even suspect, he will do.

If that prediction turns out to be true it really is a lucky guess.

Too many variables, especially when he is down in the polls and not expanding his support base. Will the economy improve or get worse? Will there be a foreign threat? Will his legal woes drag him down further? The biggest: who will run against him? Without being closer to the date and having current answers to the above questions, that just cannot be accurately predicted.

If and when Trump resigns is totally and completely dependent upon the GOP leaders in the Senate. If they grow a spine and tell him the evidence against him is overwhelming and even they will vote to convict him - Trump will invent some health problems and leave.

If the GOP leaders in Congress continue their cowardice and refuse to fulfill their oath of office - then Trump will continue to make them look like fools as they kiss his bloated behindhand he gives the finger to the American people.

Its all up to them as i have complete faith that both Mueller and the Dems in Congress will do their part.

If and when Trump resigns is totally and completely dependent upon the GOP leaders in the Senate. If they grow a spine and tell him the evidence against him is overwhelming and even they will vote to convict him - Trump will invent some health problems and leave.

If the GOP leaders in Congress continue their cowardice and refuse to fulfill their oath of office - then Trump will continue to make them look like fools as they kiss his bloated behindhand he gives the finger to the American people.

Its all up to them as i have complete faith that both Mueller and the Dems in Congress will do their part.

Thats silly. There is zero evidence that he has done anything that would cause him to resign or be removed. Whats needed isnt for the GOP 'to grow a spine' its for the hateful angry left to put up or shut up.

We‘re about a week away from Trump getting Jared to drive him away in a white Ford Bronco.

I am making the assumption that this poll is based on the idea that Trump will be prosecuted and resign rather than get in trouble.

He's not going anywhere for 2 years. The senate won't impeach, he will never admit guilt or defeat, and there is currently no real progress on the cases against him. Besides, I'd rather see him and Pence voted out together than just swap up Pence and watch the pardon run through in record time.

I do get seriously concerned, though, that the Trump haters are going to get him elected again. When they scream about the sky falling every time he opens his belligerent mouth. They attack every time he misspells a word or says something dumb. They are so loud and constant that it becomes a buzzing noise and makes people think the real stuff isn't real. It even creates sympathy!

This empowers him! It actually favors him to get louder and more off-the-wall. The more they demonstrate Trump Derangement Syndrome, the more likely they make him to get voted back in. Obama DS sure helped him keep office and he didn't give near as much ammunition as Trump.

Spend this much energy attacking him and you also create a feeling that anyone can beat him and you end up with another Hillary disaster.

Sorry for such a long digression, but I'm really worried he will be kept in office by his opposition.

If calling out crap for being crap gets crap re-elected, then America's problems are even bigger than having crap for president.

:lamo

*hillary by a landslide!
*trump wont last 90 days!
*trump wont last a year!
*trump wont make it to the midterms!

you alt left radicals are so funny. this never gets old.

what other predictions do yall have?

This thread title really made my heart jump because I was getting ready to celebrate. Then I realized it was a poll.

Nope... Trump is a narcissist. He would take down the entire country if he could before resigning, and he'd do it while pointing the finger at everybody else.

If calling out crap for being crap gets crap re-elected, then America's problems are even bigger than having crap for president.

Our electoral system is full of faults. But it's painful to watch how horribly Trumps opposition weakens their own position. It's not like the man won't burn himself down given the chance.

Trump has made it clear that he will continue to follow his life long rule of never running from a fight.

Trump might be a lot of things, but one thing he is not and thats a quitter

And if he did quit, he would lie about it and say he didn't. He would not quit on that lie; Trump is not a quitter.

Thats silly. There is zero evidence that he has done anything that would cause him to resign or be removed. Whats needed isnt for the GOP 'to grow a spine' its for the hateful angry left to put up or shut up.

What is the view like while paddling up the Denial these days?

Because the OP poll asserts Trump will resign this is just a baiting thread, nothing else.

Heck look at all that's happened since last month's election...
OTOH, Kavanaugh was appointed to the SCOTUS, when everyone knows he is unworthy of the position.

Just because it's wrong doesn't mean it won't happen.

Back
Top Bottom