• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Resigns

Trump Resigns

• First Quarter

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Second Quarter

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • he makes it through another year

Votes: 44 81.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If the public court were true they would have lost the mid terms badly, they did won some, so it's a divided house, for all the news let's not forget he got korea talking, china signing a truce, dollar is becoming stronger because there're jobs in the country so yeah, the public has to wait two years now.

////All the while inventing all the evidence they can to level attacks against their enemies. //// <--------- 'verifiable' citation to support this positive claim ? ( not holding breath )

Russian Collusion & the Kavanaugh debacle, would be two of my favorite at the moment. Though to be honest, we've known about the Russian collusion story for some time now and kavanaugh' story has almost completely run it's course.

Trump is being hit from all directions. He has some big legal problems in the works that from past experience would just go away if he resigned.

his big support comes from the economy which obviously is in precarious shape. should the economy take a dump would that support vaporize?

His life would be much better if he resigned and moved back to mar-a-lago.

he can always say congress didn't support his policies

but would Pence be better?

If the public court were true they would have lost the mid terms badly, they did won some, so it's a divided house, for all the news let's not forget he got korea talking, china signing a truce, dollar is becoming stronger because there're jobs in the country so yeah, the public has to wait two years now.

He didn't lose as many seats in the House as Obama did.

I am making the assumption that this poll is based on the idea that Trump will be prosecuted and resign rather than get in trouble.

He's not going anywhere for 2 years. The senate won't impeach, he will never admit guilt or defeat, and there is currently no real progress on the cases against him. Besides, I'd rather see him and Pence voted out together than just swap up Pence and watch the pardon run through in record time.

I do get seriously concerned, though, that the Trump haters are going to get him elected again. When they scream about the sky falling every time he opens his belligerent mouth. They attack every time he misspells a word or says something dumb. They are so loud and constant that it becomes a buzzing noise and makes people think the real stuff isn't real. It even creates sympathy!

This empowers him! It actually favors him to get louder and more off-the-wall. The more they demonstrate Trump Derangement Syndrome, the more likely they make him to get voted back in. Obama DS sure helped him keep office and he didn't give near as much ammunition as Trump.

Spend this much energy attacking him and you also create a feeling that anyone can beat him and you end up with another Hillary disaster.

Sorry for such a long digression, but I'm really worried he will be kept in office by his opposition.

Greetings, Keridan. :2wave:

.......Only in America?....... :neener:

Last edited:
Our President will have a full second term.

He will never leave through impeachment, he is too arrogant and beyond knowing any shame that even the worst kind of Mueller report will make him resign so I do think that come October 2020 he will still be president.

you alt left radicals are clinging to any hope you can these days. lol (laugh out loud)...hes your president until AT LEAST the next election. probably through 2024.

(hillary by a landslide ;) )

will it be the first or second quarter of next year?

Can you see now how TDS effects your ability to deal with reality? Over 80% of poll voters disagree with your rabid opinion.

you alt left radicals are clinging to any hope you can these days. lol (laugh out loud)...hes your president until AT LEAST the next election. probably through 2024.

Our President will have a full second term.

That is all very interesting. Would you lay out the scenario by which Trump wins in 2020. Did you review the results of the 2018 election? Did you see anything in the those numbers that was not a wholesale rebuke of the Trump adminstration from suburbs, woman, MI, PA and WI...and even AZ?

Just wondering if might tell us what Trump is doing to expand his base, which he needs to do since he can't get above low 40's in the polls, won by only 80,000 votes over three states and currently has 54% of the voters saying he is UNFIT for office , with 58% wanting a new president.

This all seems like an interesting fantasy on your part. I am just wondering if you actually have a thought about how this fantasy could become a reality.

That is all very interesting. Would you lay out the scenario by which Trump wins in 2020. Did you review the results of the 2018 election? Did you see anything in the those numbers that was not a wholesale rebuke of the Trump adminstration from suburbs, woman, MI, PA and WI...and even AZ?

Just wondering if might tell us what Trump is doing to expand his base, which he needs to do since he can't get above low 40's in the polls, won by only 80,000 votes over three states and currently has 54% of the voters saying he is UNFIT for office , with 58% wanting a new president.

This all seems like an interesting fantasy on your part. I am just wondering if you actually have a thought about how this fantasy could become a reality.

yes. i saw the 2018 election. the senate went republican, the president is still republican, and the dems won the house which was expected.

they can try to impeach trump but it has to go to the senate after that ;)

oh and muellers bill will be vetoed ;)

the end is near

just like nixon

he will quit

Alt left :lamo Hilariouis but nonsense of course to call me this but hey, if it floats your sinking boat, who cares.

He will most likely loose the next election and see both houses come under democratic control.

yes. i saw the 2018 election. the senate went republican, the president is still republican, and the dems won the house which was expected.

they can try to impeach trump but it has to go to the senate after that ;)

oh and muellers bill will be vetoed ;)

Good for you that you are happy winning a net two seats when the Dems had to defend 26, nine of which were vulnerable. I guess you call someone that sees a near empty glass, but is delighted that it is 1/8 full, an optimist.

You failed, however, to explain how Trump wins in 2020. the Perhaps we should discuss the 7/8 empty glass that is the 2018 election.

1. House flips, pick up of 40 seats. Change of control in all committees, including intelligence and oversight. Won't that be special.

2. Senate win in Arizona, a state which is finally showing its purple and has to defend another seat in 2020.

3. Record mid-term election vote for Democrats, with a 7+ point edge on its Republican counter parts. The Dems enjoyed a nearly 9 million vote advantage nationally versus a 3 million vote advantage in 2016.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/28/politics/blue-wave-2018/index.html

3. In 337 congressional districts, including those won by Republicans, democrats in enjoyed a pronounced shift to the left (in other words, Republicans won by narrower margins than they did in 2016.)
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/11/07/us/politics/how-democrats-took-the-house.html

4. In nearly every interim election for national office held since Trump became POTUS, the Democrats either won in previous ‘red’ districts or appreciably narrowed the gap.
https://www.politifact.com/florida/...emocrats-gained-50-seats-formerly-held-repub/

5. The Democrats gained 332 seats in various state legislatures, including taking control of seven (7) state legislatures. This is important as it just positioned 332 more democrats to run as incumbents in 2020. Remember that congressional maps get re-drawn in 2021.
https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2018-11-07/democrats-win-big-in-statehouses
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/08/opinion/democrats-statehouse-midterms.html

6. The Democrats picked up seven (7) governorships (and almost scored 9). This is also important as these governors will approve the new congressional maps in 2021 as states re-district after the next census. The Republicans were brilliant at this in 2011, but have far, far less control thanks to the 2018 results.
http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018/11/2018-us-gubernatorial-midterm-election-results.html

7. 2018 election results on a per state basis were also quite telling. We got to see the purpling of Texas (36), Iowa (6), Georgia (16) and Arizona (11). A total of 69 electoral votes move from solid Red to "in play". Meanwhile, it appears that Colorado (9), New Mexico (5) and Nevada (6), or 20 votes move from 'in play' to solid blue. Yes, Ohio (18) looks to be redder... lets move that from in play to red. So, the Blue Wall goes up by 2 points and the Red base drops by 69.

Of course, Ohio will likely lose an electoral vote in 2022, with Texas, Arizona, Colorado, Nevada and Georgia gaining them. The point being, the math is even tougher for Trump in 2020 than it was in 2016, when he barely, barely won.

But, hey, if you feel good about the 2018 results because you picked up 2 senate seats out of 9 vulnerable….. well, good for you!!

BTW.... you never answered my question as to how Trump as a chance in 2018. You only told me how happy you were about picking up 2 Senate seats. My seven above tell us the two chances for Trump in 2020 are slim and none. Did you know the favorable senate map that the Republicans enjoyed in 2018 reverses in 2020? ..... The Republicans have to defend 23 seats in 2020. Good luck with that!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom