• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump resignation Watch

Campaigning stress is different from presidential stress. One's a grind (which I think Trump handled well), the other gonna keep you awake at night and give you nightmares.

only if the president gives a **** what happens
which is not something that will affect tRump

Best advice you've given in awhile. [emoji38]
Go hang out with that pot smoker Jerry Jones [emoji14]

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Campaigning stress is different from presidential stress. One's a grind (which I think Trump handled well), the other gonna keep you awake at night and give you nightmares.

Hmm INteresting. I don't know if there is a difference but I give you credit for making a plausible argument

The sad part of all of this is the Democrats probably haven't learned a thing. It's time for new young faces and leadership. New ideas. As long as they have Pelosi and Schumer, old school Democrats as leaders they will continue to trudge down the same old path. The Democrats need new leaders from what they refer as flyover country. Barbarian country to them as their strength is in the northeast and west coast with a couple of island states in between. They need to broaden their base. They are a shrinking political party.

From Hoover to until Reagan between 47-51% of all Americans affiliated themselves or identified with the Democratic Party. During Reagan they dropped to the low 40's and since then have been in the 30's. Gallup puts those who today affiliate with the Democratic party at 30%. Quite a comedown from 51% of all Americans. The Republicans since Hoover until today always has been in the 20's with a few years in the lower 30's. Today Gallup put those who identify themselves as Republicans at 28%. Independents were at 18% of the total electorate beginning with FDR. Those who identify themselves as independents is at an all time high at 40%.

More and more Americans are without a political home. Without a political party to call their own. The nominations of Clinton and Trump is a good example of why Americans are deserting the two major parties. Only during Eisenhower and Reagan did the Republican Party gain the 30% range. The polarization of both parties haven't helped them with middle America either. Both parties are losing middle America. How this will affect future elections remains to be seen. But with a two party system, more and more Americans are voting the lesser of two evils, the least worst candidate and party, for the party they aren't angry at. Middle America isn't voting for candidates or a party they want to win, they are voting against a party, against candidates. Against the party and candidates they want them to lose the most, even so, the party and candidate they actually vote for, they really didn't want them either.

Yep. I do believe the Democrats were once the party of the working class American. Now, in my view, they are slightly less bad than the GOP, who've always, at least in my opinion, been the party of the wealthy and big business. And the only reason why I consider them slightly less bad is because I despise social conservatism. Far left liberalism is often bad as well, but I'll take it any day over the far right wing wacko's we seen on websites like Breitbart.com,

As much as I dislike Trump, I could understand people's frustrations with the two major political parties. They are, at the end of the day, basically the same now.

Yep. I do believe the Democrats were once the party of the working class American. Now, in my view, they are slightly less bad than the GOP, who've always, at least in my opinion, been the party of the wealthy and big business. And the only reason why I consider them slightly less bad is because I despise social conservatism. Far left liberalism is often bad as well, but I'll take it any day over the far right wing wacko's we seen on websites like Breitbart.com,

As much as I dislike Trump, I could understand people's frustrations with the two major political parties. They are, at the end of the day, basically the same now.

Both parties serve the same moneyed elite, corporations, wall street firms, lobbyist, special interest, mega money donors. That's where most of the major parties money comes from to run their elections, campaigns, their day to day business. Yes, the Democrats were at one time the party of the working class. No doubt about that.

I classify myself as a traditional conservative, but not a social conservative which I personally think those two words do not belong together. The third tenet of a tradition conservative is small government - Keeping government out of a citizens private business and lives. This also applies to such social issues of abortion, gay marriage and the like. Government has no business in telling anyone whom they can or can't marry, let love decide that. Same with abortion, that is strictly up to the woman.

Both parties serve the same moneyed elite, corporations, wall street firms, lobbyist, special interest, mega money donors. That's where most of the major parties money comes from to run their elections, campaigns, their day to day business. Yes, the Democrats were at one time the party of the working class. No doubt about that.

Yep, agreed.

I classify myself as a traditional conservative, but not a social conservative which I personally think those two words do not belong together. The third tenet of a tradition conservative is small government - Keeping government out of a citizens private business and lives. This also applies to such social issues of abortion, gay marriage and the like. Government has no business in telling anyone whom they can or can't marry, let love decide that. Same with abortion, that is strictly up to the woman.

The GOP is anything but conservative now. They are all about big government like the Democrats, only they pretend other wise when pandering to their base. When Trump is the leader of your political party...you know you are anything BUT conservative.

Yep, agreed.

The GOP is anything but conservative now. They are all about big government like the Democrats, only they pretend other wise when pandering to their base. When Trump is the leader of your political party...you know you are anything BUT conservative.

no longer fiscally conservative, the GOP is now only socially conservative
it wants to tell our population how to act. no abortion. no gay marriage. no social safety net

it wants to tell our population how to act. no abortion. no gay marriage. no social safety net

Absolutely, that's what I meant when I typed that, LOL. Thanks for clarifying.

The GOP as it is now is an absolute joke. They are so bad they even make the Democrats look good (or slightly less bad).

Yep. It's funny watching the wealthy hypocritical lefties tear apart Republicans for being wealthy and trying to claim they represent the little guy while pandering for their votes with fake promises. It's like driving up in a car and offering kids candy. But, I'll give them credit for being somewhat successful at keeping on blaming Republicans for years and years of failed liberal policies where the rich get richer and the poor get poorer and income inequality gets worse and it's all Ronald Reagan's fault. As long as they keep on going with that rhetoric, even in the face of those failing policies, the poor will continue to vote for them.

There is no one better than the left at forcing their values on everyone else. By the way, the GOP has never once said they want no safety net. That's a dishonest biased partisan talking point. They want no abortion because they don't believe in murdering fetuses.

Trump is not going to resign. We've got a little over 3.5 years left. He could be a 1-term President if the DNC can pull its head out of its ass and get a good candidate up there.

They probably can, but they probably won't.

Too busy figuring out how the other side stole the election that was rightfully theirs rather figuring out why they lost.

Yep. It's funny watching the wealthy hypocritical lefties tear apart Republicans for being wealthy and trying to claim they represent the little guy while pandering for their votes with fake promises. It's like driving up in a car and offering kids candy. But, I'll give them credit for being somewhat successful at keeping on blaming Republicans for years and years of failed liberal policies where the rich get richer and the poor get poorer and income inequality gets worse and it's all Ronald Reagan's fault. As long as they keep on going with that rhetoric, even in the face of those failing policies, the poor will continue to vote for them.
[emphasis added by bubba]

the facts do not support your conclusion
the poor voted against their self interest with their support of trump
using education as a barometer of economic success, the under-educated (the less affluent) voted for trump in historic numbers
the poor did NOT continue to support the democratic candidate

There is no one better than the left at forcing their values on everyone else. By the way, the GOP has never once said they want no safety net. That's a dishonest biased partisan talking point. They want no abortion because they don't believe in murdering fetuses.

look at tRump's proposed budget
he attacks the social safety net to fund the military and tax breaks for the rich
tRumpcare diminished coverage for the poor, while increasing their premiums, and reducing access to medicaid, while enriching the affluent with tax breaks
the republicans have implemented the 'starve the beast' policy since the reagan regime, (it was conceived by charles heatherly); spend the treasury dollars on defense as an excuse to cut social safety net programs

he attacks the social safety net to fund the military and tax breaks for the rich
tRumpcare diminished coverage for the poor, while increasing their premiums, and reducing access to medicaid, while enriching the affluent with tax breaks
the republicans have implemented the 'starve the beast' policy since the reagan regime, (it was conceived by charles heatherly); spend the treasury dollars on defense as an excuse to cut social safety net programs
And then there's this that just dropped.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/04/...nditions.html?referer=https://t.co/JrSumQifPp

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

[emphasis added by bubba]

the facts do not support your conclusion
the poor voted against their self interest with their support of trump
using education as a barometer of economic success, the under-educated (the less affluent) voted for trump in historic numbers
the poor did NOT continue to support the democratic candidate

So you are saying that the poor and the illegals vote for Trump and that the rich people are uneducated?

You just said it was the poor who voted for Trump. Please make up your mind.

So you are saying that the poor and the illegals vote for Trump and that the rich people are uneducated?

nope

i am saying that the educated tend to be better off financially than the under-educated

and the cite i provided reflected the fact that the under-educated voted disproportionately for tRump

we now see tRump proposing measures that will further enrich the wealthy and diminish the prospects of the poor

which then tells us that the poor voted against their own self interest when they supported tRump at the polls

It's not enough for Donny to go down, the entire Group of White House Russian Advisers need to go down with him.

You just said it was the poor who voted for Trump. Please make up your mind.

i never said it was only the poor who voted for him
my post pointed out why to do so was not in the self interest of the poor

i believe there are web sites on the internet which can aid those whose comprehension of the written word is substandard

nope

i am saying that the educated tend to be better off financially than the under-educated

and the cite i provided reflected the fact that the under-educated voted disproportionately for tRump

we now see tRump proposing measures that will further enrich the wealthy and diminish the prospects of the poor

which then tells us that the poor voted against their own self interest when they supported tRump at the polls

That's just hogwash. Democrats have owned the poor for many decades and constantly pander to them, including driving them to the polls.

i never said it was only the poor who voted for him
my post pointed out why to do so was not in the self interest of the poor

i believe there are web sites on the internet which can aid those whose comprehension of the written word is substandard

Liberal policies have not helped the poor. Under eight years of Obama the income inequality gap has widened even more. That's why many of them voted for Trump. They voted for jobs instead of listening to the left say, "No jobs is the new economy".

It may be time to start the pool. When will the buffoon decide he had enough and head back to the Dump Tower?

Trump Considering Resigning Due To Flynn Testimony

I pick late May, but early June is not out of the cards. Some people. however, may like the rainy month of April. :lol:

He won't resign. That's not his M.O. He's a denier and one who claims "winning" even when he's losing. He was taught that by his mentor (I think it was a Roy Cohn or something?). He learned to never admit defeat, always claim you won even when you lost (we saw that during the debates; he always claimed he won, when he made a statement about it), go after the jugular and personally ruin someone if they don't give you what you want or harm you in some way (we've seen that play out many times over the years...he recently asked for the name of a senator "so I can ruin his career"). Resigning would be admitting failure, which he will never do.

Last edited:
And why would Trump resign? Anyone who lays odds on Trump not finishing his term is a fool.

Donald Trump - Presidential Propositions
January 1st, 2018
Mon 1/1 1 Donald Trump is President on 1/1/18 -420
8:00AM 2 Donald Trump not President on 1/1/18 +300

Back
Top Bottom