• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump: Republicans, Really? Democrats, really?

Yeah, now that he can do that without y'all riding his ass for it. :mrgreen:

haha I never hated on Bush for that. You can still be President and do your job when you're on Air Force One, or wherever. Pretty much anywhere you go, facilities are available to you for you to do your job.

He opposes gay marriage. Doesn't that alone win the support of the Republican base?

Right now, I'd vote for Trump. I think if he got the nomination, Obama would/could be toast. Trump says crazy stuff, but most of it is no different than stuff Obama has said. I think Trump could beat all the negativity that this campaign will have, and his celebrity will be very, very hard for Obama to beat.
I'm of the opinion we gotta get Obama out. If he gets to nominate another SC Justice this country will have too many lefties on the court. Super, super lefties. All of Obama's plans are going to do nothing but hurt the country. We need a change.

They all say crazy stuff. Every single one of them. Ron Paul lost my vote when I recieved this campagn flier from him three years ago. He critizised one opponant for supporting a 30% sales tax, and then expained how he (himself) would vote for the fair tax. Obviously, he was dissin someone else for supporting the same thing he supported.

Remember all the lies that Gore got caught telling over and over and over again, just crazy stuff. Every one of them tell lies.

Trump has the charisma and populist message to bring in Dem's who don't like Obama, Independents who would run from any far right candidate from the GOP base and moderate Republicans who don't like the takeover of their party by the religious right and tea baggers. The tea baggers have shown to be losers in their own party in more states than not. Look at DE, WV, CT, CO, AK, CA, NV, etc. That element of the Republican party cannot win a national election. Lets say we give the hard left of the Democratic party 30%, Hard right 30% of Republican party, that leaves 40% for a third party. In reality neither party probably can hold the 30% with a charismatic individual with a populists message. Remember Clinton was a nobody and won with 37% due to three candidates in the race. Trump is on a roll, I have heard Republicans, Dem's and Independents say that as soon Trump announces he is running they want to send money to help his campaign. I am hoping the hard right Republicans rejects Trump and he runs third party. He will not be beholding to any party bosses or the K Street lobbyists who now own the career politicians of both parties. The guy has the business experience and deals with the Chinese, Indians, Koreans etc. If the rest of the world wants us to be their policeman according to Trump our policy would be to charge them.He would revisit free trade agreements that are not working and renegotiate making them fair trade agreements. He is the only person possibly running with the cogs to even talk about these subjects. The rest of the possible candidates are free traders and to continue down that road we will destroy the rest of our disappearing middle class. GO Trump!

Right now, I'd vote for Trump. I think if he got the nomination, Obama would/could be toast. Trump says crazy stuff, but most of it is no different than stuff Obama has said. I think Trump could beat all the negativity that this campaign will have, and his celebrity will be very, very hard for Obama to beat.
I'm of the opinion we gotta get Obama out. If he gets to nominate another SC Justice this country will have too many lefties on the court. Super, super lefties. All of Obama's plans are going to do nothing but hurt the country. We need a change.

If you want Obama to win, nominate trump and / or Palin. :coffeepap

I think trump very much has a chance to win...but I dont think he will even run...trump always gets sold short and always comes out on top.

He opposes gay marriage. Doesn't that alone win the support of the Republican base?
What a strange question to ask when you said in another thread that the right is a greater champion of gay rights than the left.

We should really consider having a "celebrity elected royal family" that has no real power.
All the scandal and hype and charisma and one-liners can go there.

Then we might improve our chances of getting a more...legitimate person elected into the most powerful post in the nation.

This is what alot of politicians do, I mean look at Mitt Romney, his stances of today are in steep contrast to his stances of a few years ago, and all because he wants to run for national office. This is a major problem of the 2 party system, people can't run on their own beliefs, they have to run on their parties beliefs.

This is a great point... He is a lot like Romny, the only difference is he seems more right wing atm.

Yea, in the last election Mitt ran on reducing taxes of the middle class, you know, eliminating Death taxes (that the middle class doesn't pay anyway) and capital gains tax (which is primarally paid by the wealthy). Now if he wants to run on eleminating taxes on the rich, then so be it, it's his right, but I really resent it when he lies to the American public claiming that eliminating those are "middle class tax cuts". He's a scumbag in my book.

Of course most middle class Americans "buy it" and never bother to consider if they pay much or anything in death taxes or capital gains taxes, because they just "feel" like they are over taxed, even though they tend to pay very little in federal taxes.

He is counting on the citizens to be ignorant and uniformed...

Thank you, Rev!

We may not agree often, but on The Donald being a big time media w**re, I think we both agree. Clearly, he's a political flip-flopper who will change his ideology depending on what hyperbole will garner him the most attention.

How anyone could even conceive of voting for this clown is beyond me. The far right, ultra-conservative, wing-nut fringe (Tea-Partiers) can have him!

I'd like to know how he keeps going up in the polls. I don't know anybody personally whom is supporting him... who the hell are his supporters??? Where are they?

It just doesn't make sense to me that he is rising in the polls, yet nobody is supporting him.. lol

I disagree, first it was Bush was the worst, then when he decided he may run, Obama was the worst since carter, all of the sudden, Bush is better?

I'm more concerned with how a left leaning populist is popular with republicans, and a scourge with democrats..... Mad Mad world my friend.

Party hypocrisy is nothing new...

I hope your joking... charisma?

Do YOU have your own TV show? Would The Oprah Winfrey Show be so popular if Oprah didn't have charisma? Would Trump's show have been on season after season if he didn't have charisma? You don't turn 3 million dollars into 900 million dollars as a real estate developer without quite a bit of charisma. Just because you may personally not like someone doesn't mean that other people don't find that person charismatic.

I think trump very much has a chance to win...but I dont think he will even run...trump always gets sold short and always comes out on top.

By saying that "I dont think he will even run" you are selling him short. Since you are selling him short and he always comes out on top, then I have to assume that he will definately run!

We should really consider having a "celebrity elected royal family" that has no real power.
All the scandal and hype and charisma and one-liners can go there.

Then we might improve our chances of getting a more...legitimate person elected into the most powerful post in the nation.

Sure. It would be a big family. Ronald Regain was a celebrity movie star wasn't he? George Bush II was only elected due to his "elected royal family" dad wasn't he? Doesn't every president have a certain amount of celebrity and fame before they are elected?

I am all for that idea. We should only vote for people that we have never heard of before and who have not been successful at anything. Maybe we should all vote for Lula-Mae Hilton, you know, that UGLY Hilton sister who had to go to public school and was cut out of the will.

I'd like to know how he keeps going up in the polls. I don't know anybody personally whom is supporting him... who the hell are his supporters??? Where are they?

It just doesn't make sense to me that he is rising in the polls, yet nobody is supporting him.. lol

Just because you don't know anyone supporting him doesn't mean that people outside of your circle of peers arn't supporting him. Unless you have 308 million friends.

This is what alot of politicians do, I mean look at Mitt Romney, his stances of today are in steep contrast to his stances of a few years ago, and all because he wants to run for national office. This is a major problem of the 2 party system, people can't run on their own beliefs, they have to run on their parties beliefs.

Not as much contrast as Trump. I honestly was shocked the first time I heard him say he was a Republican. It was on The View and it wasn't all that long ago. I always thought he was a liberal.

He likes to golf. That's all I need to know.

While I still think trump is a massive joke. this is not a flip flop. It's a change in opinion based on the reality of the situation. He got suckered in by hope and change like the rest of the nimrods who voted for Obama. Now that he sees what Obama is really like....

He fipped on abortion because a male friend of his didn't think he wanted to be a father, then when he was, he was happy.:roll:

Back
Top Bottom