• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump reportedly ‘afraid’ to visit troops in combat zone

He is going to have to do at least one before the Presidential election or risk taking a beating on it. There are a lot of Independents who are vets and have military family.

Hasn't Trump always been scared of someone trying to kill him? Isn't that the reason they claim he eats McDonalds so much? They never know he's coming so there is not time to poison him or some crap like that.

Ignore the news that doesn't kiss your God's ass. Hard to admit you worship a pathetic coward huh?

News? No. Rumors.

Yeah...I ignore rumors.

No. It's nothing like that.

It's like not being interested in rumors from unnamed sources.

The sources are unnamed because nobody wants a Trump cultist to mail them a bomb or storm into a buliding with a rifle.

Trump said in his interview with Chris Wallace that his opposition to the wars is part of the reason he hasn’t visited the troops. How do you feel about this?

I say this is him lying & being a hypocrite.

He is going to have to do at least one before the Presidential election or risk taking a beating on it. There are a lot of Independents who are vets and have military family.

Be careful. If he sees he's losing he may pull a 'Wag the Dog' & start a war 3 days before the election, then cry to the American people that they have to be true patriots & reelect him to keep us safe.

I'll need to research whether or not J.F.K.,Nixon or L.B.J. ever came within a few
hundred miles of Vietnam.J.F.K. met with Russian Premier Nikita Khrushchev in June of
'61 BUT NOT in Russia.In Vienna for a 2 day summit.Khrushchev sort of beat him up,
which was his goal." He just beat the hell out of me " - said Kennedy.
Kennedy was unprepared for the tough as nails Nikita.
" Worst thing in my life " Kennedy told a New York Times reporter.
" he savaged me ".

Be careful. If he sees he's losing he may pull a 'Wag the Dog' & start a war 3 days before the election, then cry to the American people that they have to be true patriots & reelect him to keep us safe.

Yadda yadda whoop Dee Do Dah.Up until now President Trump has done America
proud in Warring.And with Foreign Diplomacy.Same with our Economy.

Trump reportedly 'afraid' to visit troops in combat zone | MSNBC

It was the Associated Press that first broached the topic with Donald Trump last month, asking the president why he hadn’t yet visited a military base in a combat zone like in Iraq and Afghanistan. Trump replied that he’d do so eventually, though he didn’t see it as “overly necessary.”

He added in the same interview, “I’ve been very busy with everything that’s taking place here…. I’m doing a lot of things. I’m doing a lot of things.”
===============================

The real reason he hasn't visited the troops in over 2 years:

'The Washington Post has now reported on a brand new explanation.'

Trump has spoken privately about his fears over risks to his own life, according to a former senior White House official, who has discussed the issue with the president and spoke on the condition of anonymity to speak candidly about Trump’s concerns.

“He’s never been interested in going,” the official said of Trump visiting troops in a combat zone, citing conversations with the president. “He’s afraid of those situations. He’s afraid people want to kill him.”

IOW, he's a pansy, scared of his own shadow.

Can't much blame him. The enemy will get plenty of notice, by the deep state.

It was the Associated Press that first broached the topic with Donald Trump last month, asking the president why he hadn’t yet visited a military base in a combat zone like in Iraq and Afghanistan. Trump replied that he’d do so eventually, though he didn’t see it as “overly necessary.”

He added in the same interview, “I’ve been very busy with everything that’s taking place here…. I’m doing a lot of things. I’m doing a lot of things.”

Trump has spoken privately about his fears over risks to his own life, according to a former senior White House official, who has discussed the issue with the president and spoke on the condition of anonymity to speak candidly about Trump’s concerns.

“He’s never been interested in going,” the official said of Trump visiting troops in a combat zone, citing conversations with the president. “He’s afraid of those situations. He’s afraid people want to kill him.”

Well if he will not honor the fallen because of rain....well he isnt going to boost moral in combat zones. Lets be real here.

trump claims he won't visit the war zones because he believes those wars were failures. Well that is true - but as a republican he should know that 100% of republicans supported dubya's wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. This is just another attack at the Bushes because dubya, laura, barbara and bush snr allegedly DID NOT vote for him in 2016. And Barbara's request that trump NOT attend her funeral must still be hurting his massive ego.

If this is true, I would be not a bit surprised.

It fits with his behavior as a whole.

Trump is right to take precautions if or when visiting dangerous places. There are Trump haters all over the world wanting to murder him at any opportunity. Trump didn't get us into the war, Hillary did. Let Hillary go there and visit like she visited Bosnia under heavy machine gun fire ( according to her but not according to real news footage.)

you know the alt left radicals are on a slow news day when they post anonymous sources from MSNBC.

Projection?

Alt Right Radicals have been posting garbage sourced by liars and thieves from Fox for a decade.

Why does he not go visit the troops at the border for Thanksgiving? They are preparing to fight off an invasion right? It's still in America, so that should be an easy trip for him.

Projection?

Alt Right Radicals have been posting garbage sourced by liars and thieves from Fox for a decade.

leave it to the alt left to defend msnbc. i bet you also whine about fox news lol (laugh out loud)

Trump said in his interview with Chris Wallace that his opposition to the wars is part of the reason he hasn’t visited the troops. How do you feel about this?

i feel that you want the president to visit a combat zone so he would be in danger. how about you stop whining and go pay a visit to afghanistan and lend a helping hand since you believe our soldiers need it so badly?

Trump is right to take precautions if or when visiting dangerous places. There are Trump haters all over the world wanting to murder him at any opportunity. Trump didn't get us into the war, Hillary did. Let Hillary go there and visit like she visited Bosnia under heavy machine gun fire ( according to her but not according to real news footage.)

I believe President Obama received more death threats than any president before and after him COMBINED.

But somehow he managed to visit the troops overseas. Including Iraq and Afghanistan. You know the wars that Hillary got us into.

Seriously, she started a war with Iraq because she LIED about weapons of mass destruction.

And don't get me started on how she worked with Osama Bin Laden to attack the World Trade Center.

She really should be LOCKED UP.

Back
Top Bottom