• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Rejects Manafort's Efforts to make him "Presidential"

MrT

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Trump rejects new adviser’s push to make him ‘presidential’ - POLITICO

Donald Trump is bristling at efforts to implement a more conventional presidential campaign strategy, and has expressed misgivings about the political guru behind them, Paul Manafort, for overstepping his bounds, multiple sources close to the campaign tell POLITICO.

Trump became upset late last week when he learned from media reports that Manafort privately told Republican leaders that the billionaire reality TV star was “projecting an image” for voters and would begin toning down his rhetoric, according to the sources. They said that Trump also expressed concern about Manafort bringing several former lobbying colleagues into the campaign, as first reported by POLITICO.

Now Trump is taking steps to return some authority to Manafort’s chief internal rival, campaign manager Corey Lewandowski.

Most of us knew that any efforts to shift a 68 year old bully from his "tried and true" methods would eventually falter. I just did not think it would happen so quickly and at such a critical juncture for the Trump campaign as it seeks to solidify itself before a convention where most expect him to lose should it become contested.

multiple sources close to the campaign

Multiple sources close to the campaign tell us Hillary Clinton is not a crook!

:lamo:lamo

:confused: I thought he hired the best people?

Manafort is one one of the best delegate wranglers and campaign advisors around. The problem is that hiring the best advisors only helps if you listen to their advice.

Manafort is one one of the best delegate wranglers and campaign advisors around. The problem is that hiring the best advisors only helps if you listen to their advice.

Or when the media working for the powers that be in the party don't torpedo them. Again, "multiple sources close to the campaign".

Multiple sources close to the campaign tell us Hillary Clinton is not a crook!

:lamo:lamo

And that Trump does not have a thing for his daughter.

And that Trump does not have a thing for his daughter.

Wow, you really don't like being so wrong about all this the entire time. But go for it, attack the family if you want, it's just like the supposed Kasich/Cruz alliance - desperation.

Or when the media working for the powers that be in the party don't torpedo them. Again, "multiple sources close to the campaign".

So you think it's a bogus report?

You don't think Trump would get pissed at Manafort trying to tone down his rhetoric? At Manafort pushing Trump to stay away from the Sunday Morning Political Shows while Manafort shows up himself repeatedly and gets all the free publicity?

The fact that Trump went from a victory speech in New York where he referred to his opponents as "Senator Cruz" and "Governor Kasich," and then at multiple rallies has gone back to calling them "Lyin' Ted" and "Weak Kasich" should be further proof of Trump rejecting Manafort's efforts to make him more presidential.

Wow, you really don't like being so wrong about all this the entire time. But go for it, attack the family if you want, it's just like the supposed Kasich/Cruz alliance - desperation.

Oh he isn't attacking Trump's family.

He is attacking Trump's disgusting sexual appetite for his daughter. It is still solely an attack on Trump.

Oh he isn't attacking Trump's family.

He is attacking Trump's disgusting sexual appetite for his daughter. It is still solely an attack on Trump.

To be fair, i think he meant to acknowledge that his daughter is physically attractive, and i can understand how he might acknowledge that without having a disgusting sexual appetite for his daughter.

To be fair, i think he meant to acknowledge that his daughter is physically attractive, and i can understand how he might acknowledge that without having a disgusting sexual appetite for his daughter.

Oh I know. I just see zero reason to be fair when it comes to Trump.

But then take a look at Trumps Twitter.....it is now almost all positive, he is even talking policy.

Trump is pivoting, which is why I changed by sig line from black to green.

Unnamed sources are always problematic, so my comment would be based on if the report is true.

So you think it's a bogus report?

You don't think Trump would get pissed at Manafort trying to tone down his rhetoric? At Manafort pushing Trump to stay away from the Sunday Morning Political Shows while Manafort shows up himself repeatedly and gets all the free publicity?

The fact that Trump went from a victory speech in New York where he referred to his opponents as "Senator Cruz" and "Governor Kasich," and then at multiple rallies has gone back to calling them "Lyin' Ted" and "Weak Kasich" should be further proof of Trump rejecting Manafort's efforts to make him more presidential.

Yes, I do indeed think it's a bogus report. I believe those "multiple sources close to the campaign" are outside the campaign looking in. As in reporters who follow the campaign. Their perceptions, though convenient for the anti-Trump forces, are not accurate.

Oh I know. I just see zero reason to be fair when it comes to Trump.

At least you admit the reason you throw slime. Truthfulness has nothing to do with that reason.

Yes, I do indeed think it's a bogus report. I believe those "multiple sources close to the campaign" are outside the campaign looking in. As in reporters who follow the campaign. Their perceptions, though convenient for the anti-Trump forces, are not accurate.

I think it is most likely coming from people who left the campaign when Trump decided to upgrade after the loss in WI, and after the Cruz shop outworked them on delegates. They are bitter because they dont think Trump ever gave them the power or the money needed to win, that the campaign failures were not their fault, but Trump still blamed them and let them go.

I was simply showing you that anyone can say anything whether substantiated or not. But I know those that dish it out are not always so good at taking the same in return, you are really going to hate the General election.

I was simply showing you that anyone can say anything whether substantiated or not. But I know those that dish it out are not always so good at taking the same in return, you are really going to hate the General election.

Okay. It would have been far easier, if that were indeed the case, to have said just what your first sentence says.

And though of course I want Trump to win and will be disappointed if he doesn't, I will have had the candidate I chose to run.

I agree with others, it is difficult to know what "source" is really accurate here.

Okay. It would have been far easier, if that were indeed the case, to have said just what your first sentence says.

And though of course I want Trump to win and will be disappointed if he doesn't, I will have had the candidate I chose to run.

It is all for fun and games anyway. Have Fun.

Well, to be fair, Trump did pretty clearly telegraph that he never actually listened to people who told him things he didn't want to hear.

It is all for fun and games anyway. Have Fun.

Thanks, but no, it's serious stuff. I see Trump as our nation's chance to return to being for the people, by the people. We've chosen a lot of wrong directions in the past, here's a chance to set us back on the right direction for the future. We won't get that with Cruz or Hillary.

Yep. This whole "vote for the lesser of two evils" is hogwash when this country has over 20 candidates from 20 different parties. It's a justification for laziness and not knowing the issues. There's always a candidate out there that you can vote for if you look.

Thanks, but no, it's serious stuff. I see Trump as our nation's chance to return to being for the people, by the people. We've chosen a lot of wrong directions in the past, here's a chance to set us back on the right direction for the future. We won't get that with Cruz or Hillary.

We won't get there with any of those in the running, but hey keep on believing.

Back
Top Bottom