• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Rejects Hitler Comparison But Has A Few Alternatives

imyoda

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Trump Rejects Hitler Comparison But Has A Few Alternatives | ThinkProgress

Political pundits are struggling to comprehend Donald Trump’s rapid ascent to the Republican presidential nomination.

On MSNBC and in the New York Times, he’s been likened to segregationist George Wallace. Louis CK and Glenn Beck have compared him to Adolf Hitler.

Donald Trump has rejected these comparisons. But he is here to help.

Trump has humbly offered a number of historical antecedents for people seeking to place his candidacy in context................

Trump sees himself as………….a Martin Luther King Jr. or possibly Thomas Jefferson…..and then this might be a fair comparison…… George Washington or Mahatma Gandhi…..
But then a times Trump sees himself as a Abraham Lincoln and/or Babe Ruth………

Try to tell me this clown does not have serious mental issues…………

ALSO SEE:
Trump campaign style harkens back to George Wallace in 1968 | MSNBC
Quit Comparing Trump to Hitler! - POLITICO Magazine
Donald Trump says he's "not happy" with comparisons to Hitler - CBS News
Trump Sticks With Outsider Appeal at Rally for Bikers, Veterans - Bloomberg Politics

Lol.....Think Progress

Amd George Wallace was a Democrat

Part of the same party that filibustered the 1964 voting rights act.

---I think he should threaten to SUE everyone who makes the comparison, it would be fun.

Lol.....Think Progress

True, seems the shoe is on the other foot these days, opps.

Lol.....Think Progress

THINK PROGRESS is a , a news aggregator...........a web site which collects and reports on news stories from - in this case - responsible and reliable news outlets...........If you bothered to check the story/report from the links provided you would not have appeared/sounded ignorant of that fact......and then not presumed the material to not being reliable...........

This "out of hand" dismissal of material RW ers without ever checking to see or challenge the accuracy /truth of the material is a "cowardly dodge" of material which does not meet their view of how threw world should be......... Something over the years I have come to refer to as being a "professional ignoramus"..........

Trump Rejects Hitler Comparison But Has A Few Alternatives | ThinkProgress

Political pundits are struggling to comprehend Donald Trump’s rapid ascent to the Republican presidential nomination.

On MSNBC and in the New York Times, he’s been likened to segregationist George Wallace. Louis CK and Glenn Beck have compared him to Adolf Hitler.

Donald Trump has rejected these comparisons. But he is here to help.

Trump has humbly offered a number of historical antecedents for people seeking to place his candidacy in context................

Trump sees himself as………….a Martin Luther King Jr. or possibly Thomas Jefferson…..and then this might be a fair comparison…… George Washington or Mahatma Gandhi…..
But then a times Trump sees himself as a Abraham Lincoln and/or Babe Ruth………

Try to tell me this clown does not have serious mental issues…………

ALSO SEE:
Trump campaign style harkens back to George Wallace in 1968 | MSNBC
Quit Comparing Trump to Hitler! - POLITICO Magazine
Trump Sticks With Outsider Appeal at Rally for Bikers, Veterans - Bloomberg Politics

Think Progress... A bastion of "conservative" views... LMMFAO

You must really be desperate to spread that LIBERAL propaganda, for you to post a week old opinion piece from a far left website, that actually has less credibility for being honest than Hillary Clinton does.

What ever, one side of my family three levels back is all salesman or small business owners, .....Trump fells like my "UNCLE " from 30 years back.......I would trust him with my life.

Think Progress... A bastion of "conservative" views... LMMFAO

You must really be desperate to spread that LIBERAL propaganda, for you to post a week old opinion piece from a far left website, that actually has less credibility for being honest than Hillary Clinton does.

REALLY..........Just try and challenge anything that is written as untrue or spun................or shut thy trap if you cannot

I wonder, if I were to run for President, and be compared to Adolf Hitler (which I would, probably), and thereafter agreed...what the response would be?

REALLY..........Just try and challenge anything that is written as untrue or spun................or shut thy trap if you cannot

Think Progress is reputable all right... Right there, above the headlines of the story you linked to, there a picture of a black teen with the caption under it linking to a story that says "White Youths Yelling Racial Slurs Chase Black Teenager To His Death"

They published that story at 12:14 PM, Friday afternoon, but 32 minutes prior to that, NBC4 in NY City published their own story on the incident on their website, and ran an on-air story minutes later, that says something quite different.

Sure, they merely published a story from the NY Post, but by the time they did, police had already stated in a press conference that he died of natural causes (even his mother said so in the NBC4 interview) and that racism likely did not play a factor in the incident. They stated that this was gang related, where people from one "crew" (3 white guys and a hispanic guy) were chasing the kid and his friends who were affiliated with another crew.

Nowhere on the ThinkProgress website, will you find an update with the accurate details, a correction for the bogus story, or them linking to any one of the dozens of other stories from reputable news outlets that have been published since Friday, that reflect the correct information surrounding the incident.

How can you possibly trust an openly pro-liberal/anti-conservative website, that allows falsehoods like that to stand?

P.S. that is what is referred to as "substantiating your opinions" and "backing up your beliefs"... One day you should give it a try.

Last edited:

Think Progress is reputable all right... Right there, above the headlines of the story you linked to, there a picture of a black teen with the caption under it linking to a story that says "White Youths Yelling Racial Slurs Chase Black Teenager To His Death"

They published that story at 12:14 PM, Friday afternoon, but 32 minutes prior to that, NBC4 in NY City published their own story on the incident on their website, and ran an on-air story minutes later, that says something quite different.

Sure, they merely published a story from the NY Post, but by the time they did, police had already stated in a press conference that he died of natural causes (even his mother said so in the NBC4 interview) and that racism likely did not play a factor in the incident. They stated that this was gang related, where people from one "crew" (3 white guys and a hispanic guy) were chasing the kid and his friends who were affiliated with another crew.

Nowhere on the ThinkProgress website, will you find an update with the accurate details, a correction for the bogus story, or them linking to any one of the dozens of other stories from reputable news outlets that have been published since Friday, that reflect the correct information surrounding the incident.

How can you possibly trust an openly pro-liberal/anti-conservative website, that allows falsehoods like that to stand?

P.S. that is what is referred to as "substantiating your opinions" and "backing up your beliefs"... One day you should give it a try.

Curious how you had no problem at all mustering the courage to issue a "put up, or shut up" challenge in response to my criticism of your source... Yet that courage of yours is nowhere to be found when it comes to acknowledging that I did "put up" and did substantiated that ThinkProgress is not a credible website for news, but rather a political propaganda website that puts the liberal/progressive agenda ahead of the facts and the truth.

THINK PROGRESS is a , a news aggregator...........a web site which collects and reports on news stories from - in this case - responsible and reliable news outlets...........If you bothered to check the story/report from the links provided you would not have appeared/sounded ignorant of that fact......and then not presumed the material to not being reliable...........

This "out of hand" dismissal of material RW ers without ever checking to see or challenge the accuracy /truth of the material is a "cowardly dodge" of material which does not meet their view of how threw world should be......... Something over the years I have come to refer to as being a "professional ignoramus"..........

Thinkprogress i a hackery site to feed the hack partisans their talking points for the day and their thoughts and feelings to boot. it has ZERO redeeming value outside of propaganda level bull****.

Curious how you had no problem at all mustering the courage to issue a "put up, or shut up" challenge in response to my criticism of your source... Yet that courage of yours is nowhere to be found when it comes to acknowledging that I did "put up" and did substantiated that ThinkProgress is not a credible website for news, but rather a political propaganda website that puts the liberal/progressive agenda ahead of the facts and the truth.

I think otherwise..............are you now going to say I am not entitled to my opinion............?

But let's say for the sake of argument you are right..........it is a flaming liberal slanted web site...........

Now you do not say it.......but infer it to be a site which provides spun, inaccurate and/or flat out lies..........

I f you believe that to be so.........

Taking this story/report/news point out all the lies and distortions in their article......... and explain why it is so.....

Point out all the propaganda and tell us why it is so.......

And demonstrate how liberal/progressives reduce "facts" to a secondary spot....... just to advance their agenda

And try and lose that pompous "smarter then thou" attitude............I find it most insulting

Thinkprogress i a hackery site to feed the hack partisans their talking points for the day and their thoughts and feelings to boot. it has ZERO redeeming value outside of propaganda level bull****.

Have you ever read it..........or are you just repeating what someone else told you?

What ever, one side of my family three levels back is all salesman or small business owners, .....Trump fells like my "UNCLE " from 30 years back.......I would trust him with my life.

I first read that as "I would trust hi with my wife":shock::lamo

Then you're committing a poisoning the well fallacy. It's a form of ad hominem.
Have you ever read it..........or are you just repeating what someone else told you?
No, it's a damned partisan hackery site.

How dare I say that?

This IS FROM THEIR WEBSITE when I just logged in to prove my point:
Join Us!
Interested in writing for our new blog, Liberal Nation Rising? Apply here »

Tell your friends about us by joining our Facebook group or liking and sharing our page…

Liberal Nation Rising

Pretty obvious there is an agenda here.

This is from their banner links..

Fight the Koch brothers with your wallet. Print it, live it. Koch Block It.

1) Koch Block It at the grocery store

2) Koch Block It for home building materials

3) Koch Block It textiles and plastics

4) Koch Block chemicals, coal and oil

And of course:

Search results for Republican War on Women

First article?
Legitimate Rape is the Tip of the Republican War on Women Iceberg

Here's their other banner link...

PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA, 44th President of the United States of America

Rachel Maddow: Obama Has Accomplished 85% of First Term Agenda in 2 Years

Obama Marks Veterans Day By Standing Up For Those Who Served In Bush’s Wars

History Says Obama Made The Right Call With Economic Executive Orders

Good Grief: Debunking The Myth Of The Obama Christmas Tree Tax

84% Of White Working Class Americans Side With Obama On Taxing The Rich

I Can See Barack Obama’s Second Term From My Kitchen Window

Obama Demands That The GOP Explain To America Why They Refuse To Create Jobs

In 300+ Days The GOP Has Created 0 and Killed 4.2 Million Jobs

Bernie Sanders Straight Talk: The GOP Is Sinking The Economy To Defeat Obama

Watch Team Obama Define and Destroy Mitt Romney In 30 Seconds

GOP Holds America Hostage By Denying Jobs Today for Elections Tomorrow

Obama Accomplishments courtesy of the Daily Kos

Now, if you need more proof, I cannot help you.

Politicsusa is a joke, hacktivist site meant to throw red meat to the progressive readers, with an unabashed, hard left ACTIVIST POV.

Because he's a pro-liberal/anti-conservative poster here.

I wonder, if I were to run for President, and be compared to Adolf Hitler (which I would, probably), and thereafter agreed...what the response would be?

every candidate should say that, because I don't think a single presidential candidate of the last 30 years hasn't been compared to Hitler at least once. just say "Yeah I'm Hitler come on down to my bunker in Bavaria and we'll hang out"

No, it's a damned partisan hackery site.

How dare I say that?

This IS FROM THEIR WEBSITE when I just logged in to prove my point:
Join Us!

Pretty obvious there is an agenda here.

This is from their banner links..

Here's their other banner link...

Now, if you need more proof, I cannot help you.

Politicsusa is a joke, hacktivist site meant to throw red meat to the progressive readers, with an unabashed, hard left ACTIVIST POV.

That doesn't mean that what they're saying is false.

That doesn't mean that what they're saying is false.

And that misses the point. They may get the basics right, "The sky is blue". However they'll spin it, bias it up. "Thanks to the strong efforts of President Obama the sky is blue, despite the best efforts of Republican's to destroy even that in their greedy pursuit of profits at all cost!"

So yes, they gto the fact he sky is blue, right.

I wouldn't say he's Hitler. As far as world leaders go, he'd be more like a non-internationalist Napoleon Bonaparte, if elected (beyond that there really is no historical precedent for a world leader like Donald Trump, he's an enigma).

And that misses the point. They may get the basics right, "The sky is blue". However they'll spin it, bias it up. "Thanks to the strong efforts of President Obama the sky is blue, despite the best efforts of Republican's to destroy even that in their greedy pursuit of profits at all cost!"

So yes, they gto the fact he sky is blue, right.

So what part of this article are you denying?

Louis CK, Peña Nieto, and Glenn Beck have all compared Trump to Hitler.

And Trump did compare himself to Gandhi with a misquote.

Back
Top Bottom