• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump refuses to be interviewed by CNN

Why do you think Trump refuses to be interviewed by CNN ? He can't claim 'FAKE NEWS' or 'Spin' as all questions and answers are public record.

Because they don't deserve the privilege.

Way to move the goal lines.

Obama did many interview on Fox.

Trump is chicken.

I never said Obama didn't do any interviews with FOX. Do some research on his history with FOX and that of his administration. Otherwise, you appear ignorant to Obama's least transparent and most aggressive to the press administration in modern history.
Obama was malicious.

I never said Obama didn't do any interviews with FOX. Do some research on his history with FOX and that of his administration. Otherwise, you appear ignorant to Obama's least transparent and most aggressive to the press administration in modern history.
Obama was malicious.

I know how Obama treated Fox.

He was antagonistic. But he wasn't too chicken to do interviews on Fox.

As bad as Obama was, Trump is worse. No contest. And Trump is a chicken.

P.s. And the subject of the thread was doing interviews on the network. If you meant something else by "snub" in the thread about Trump not doing interviews with CNN you should have said so. So that you didn't look like you were moving the goal posts in your defense of the Chicken-in-Chief.

To prove he has the guts to face a tough interview. And it’s because of that that he never will.

Because he does not, in fact, have the guts to face a tough interview. That's why he picks fights with the media.

Because he does not, in fact, have the guts to face a tough interview. That's why he picks fights with the media.

Potshots are easy. Serious interviews, not so much.

He is so terrible at interviews that even Fox personalities have rolled their eyes in embarrassment, looking for an opening to jump in and stop his rambling, despairing of being able to reframe what he just said so he doesn't sound like a nut.

To prove he has the guts to face a tough interview. And it’s because of that that he never will.

His insecurities will never allow him to answer tough questions.
Even from friendly news organizations.
That is the same reason Hillary was never asked tough questions by MSNBC or CNN.
Her insecurities would never allow it.

It is human nature and natural law to seek a path of least resistance.

Why do you think Trump refuses to be interviewed by CNN ? He can't claim 'FAKE NEWS' or 'Spin' as all questions and answers are public record.

He doesn't to boost their ratings after they have been so dishonest about so many things.

I know how Obama treated Fox.

He was antagonistic. But he wasn't too chicken to do interviews on Fox.

As bad as Obama was, Trump is worse. No contest. And Trump is a chicken.

P.s. And the subject of the thread was doing interviews on the network. If you meant something else by "snub" in the thread about Trump not doing interviews with CNN you should have said so. So that you didn't look like you were moving the goal posts in your defense of the Chicken-in-Chief.

If you consider targeting conservative journalists by weaponizing the DOJ and IRS innocuous, sure. If you consider jailing journalists' sources, sure.
Again, when Trump targets Jim Acosta or any of the other hacks who've long-since stopped being journalists reporting news, then yeah, he's worse. When Trump seizes their email and phone records, yeah.

Frankly, I'd rather a President who wears his (rightful) scorn for some press members and left-wing media than a President who covertly abuses his power of office to target and silence them.

If you think the latter isn't "chicken", aka, cowardly, I heartily disagree.

Here

and here

and here

and here

a little more perspective on this silly narrative on Trump, which is no war on the press like Obama's was

btw, where is the citation that Trump refuses-as a policy-to be interviewed by CNN?

They won't allow HIM to be dishonest as normal.

It's not the job of the press to "allow" a President to lie. Hell, no media would have interviewed Obama after he lied about getting to keep you doctor, and Benghazi. The job of the press is to fact check, then report.

It's not all that unusual for a president to shy away from a news network the president thinks hostile to him. It took six years before Obama sat down for an interview with Bill O'Reilly. Obama also shunned Fox News and how one looks at it, one's political point of view or ideology, either called them out or called them names.

https://www.factcheck.org/2018/09/obama-fox-news-and-the-free-press/

We knew Fox was anti-Obama at the time, a conservative news network that presented their news from a conservative viewpoint. We know today, that CNN is very anti-Trump, a liberal news network that presents their news from a very liberal viewpoint. That's the problem today, our news networks, at least on cable have become propaganda arms for the major political parties. None gives the news in a fair, accurate and full manner. They all give it with a very partisan slant and most Americans know that and don't trust them.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/195542/americans-trust-mass-media-sinks-new-low.aspx

My bottom line with this, it didn't bother me one bit for Obama to scorn Fox and it doesn't bother me one bit for Trump to refuse CNN. I'm positive if all three cable news networks were reporting the news fully, fairly and accurately, there wouldn't be any scorning or avoiding the one's a president deems hostile to him. But when our news networks have become propaganda arms of the major parties, I don't think anyone can blame any president for avoiding a particular network or two.

Maybe because he's supposed to be President of ALL Americans. Not just the ones he likes.

So a President is required to give interviews for Jim Acosta? That’s new. When did they add that rule?

So a President is required to give interviews for Jim Acosta? That’s new. When did they add that rule?

I wonder if Obama would have had a sit down interview with Joe Wilson.

Absolutely. He’s a bully with a glass jaw and paper thin skin. I’m looking forward to watching him debate next year, if he dares. Will be quite enjoyable to watch him being called out. No doubt he’ll lie and try to shift blame for his many misdeeds, but still good to see him have to face someone who doesn’t have any reason to go easy on him.

His insecurities will never allow him to answer tough questions.
Even from friendly news organizations.
That is the same reason Hillary was never asked tough questions by MSNBC or CNN.
Her insecurities would never allow it.

It is human nature and natural law to seek a path of least resistance.
Yep. But some people are far more insecure and cowardly than others.

Why would CNN want to interview Trump anyway, as they already know what he thinks about everything?

They won't allow HIM to be dishonest as normal.

There is no doubt that Trump's side and MSNBC's side do not match. I am sticking with the President and will let the wicked leftist media propagandists keep talking foolishness.

There is no doubt that Trump's side and MSNBC's side do not match. I am sticking with the President and will let the wicked leftist media propagandists keep talking foolishness.

Because MSNBC is liberal, and you're "very conservative."

But, where does Trump stand? Can he honestly be called a conservative?

Because MSNBC is liberal, and you're "very conservative."

But, where does Trump stand? Can he honestly be called a conservative?

People call him all sorts of things. People have called Obama all sorts of things as well. Some People have even called Obama q God-fearing fundamental Bible believing Christian. They should not be calling Obama names like that.

Is Trump a conservative? Maybe. At least he supports conservative causes, unlike the democrat witch who tried to steal the election from him.

People call him all sorts of things. People have called Obama all sorts of things as well. Some People have even called Obama q God-fearing fundamental Bible believing Christian. They should not be calling Obama names like that.

Is Trump a conservative? Maybe. At least he supports conservative causes, unlike the democrat witch who tried to steal the election from him.

"Conservative causes?" I can't think of any right off hand, other than the authoritarian issues of gay rights and abortion, which never really were conservative causes.

conservative adjective
con·​ser·​va·​tive | \kən-ˈsər-və-tiv \
Definition of conservative (Entry 1 of 2)
1a : of or relating to a philosophy of conservatism
b capitalized
: of or constituting a political party professing the principles of conservatism: such as
(1) : of or constituting a party of the United Kingdom advocating support of established institutions

(2) : PROGRESSIVE CONSERVATIVE

2a : tending or disposed to maintain existing views, conditions, or institutions : TRADITIONAL
conservative policies
b : marked by moderation or caution
a conservative estimate

He doesn't belong to political party of the UK
He isn't disposed to maintain existing views, conditions, or institutions,
There is nothing "traditional" about his administration,
He certainly isn't marked by moderation or caution,

Trump is not a conservative.

Back
Top Bottom