• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Trump Refers to Paradise as Pleasure

Lordy, let's hope Intercourse Pennsylvania never has a disaster.

The pettiness of partisans never ceases to amaze me.

Corpse men ring a bell?

Oh c'mon. This appears to have actually been a simple "mispoke" moment. He could truthfully declare it this time.

yes - everybody makes mistakes like that and its no big deal for anybody to do that. Sadly, this president shows no capacity to learn so he can avoid them in the future.

Obama said "57 states" and the panty tinkling was epic. Obama said "Corpseman", and the Hannity crowd went berserk.

Trump goes to a town whose name has been in the news every day since it was destroyed by fire, calls it by the wrong name (twice), and I'm sure his fan nation will giggle like schoolgirls and ignore it.

This is the most embarrassing man to ever even think about holding the office of the Presidency, let alone actually hold it. What an ignorant piece of excrement he is.

yes - everybody makes mistakes like that and its no big deal for anybody to do that. Sadly, this president shows no capacity to learn so he can avoid them in the future.

He's what, 72 years old? What we expect him to learn he should have learned fifty years ago.

He doesn't think before he speaks.
He doesn't even think before he Tweets.
He lacks the ability to control his basic impulses.
He lacks a sense of diplomacy and decorum.
He lacks a sense of respect and reverence.

His entire elitist life has been spent getting away with anything and everything because he has always been surrounded by yes-men. This means that he never learned how to handle criticism or to appreciate self-inflection. This also means that he has spent the enormity of his entire life away from the average American experience. His idea of a hardship is having to write a simple check to make a problem go away or to frivolously declare bankruptcy with immediate forgiveness. He clearly lacks global experience and his approach to the world, in terms of diplomacy and policy, is to take the worst that Nixon, Carter, and Reagan offered and call it Trumpocracy. Of course, plenty of elitists grow up and embrace the meaning of maturity and professionalism. But Trump is an odd bird. We immediately saw this in 2017 when he shamelessly pushed his way past the NATO leader so that he could have the spotlight.

So, now he behaves like a spoiled brat who is just a victim of a meany world that doesn't care about his need to be self-centered. I think that he is genuinely shocked at the idea that his bad behavior has consequences in the real world. And this is why when criticism comes, he can declare that no other President in history has been treated so unfairly. He actually can't see how odd-ball he is. I mean, only a person like him could arbitrarily denigrate American POWs, refuse to visit a WWI cemetery due to rain along side other world leaders, and neglect Veterans Day so publicly and really think nothing of it until he faces criticism. And his shallow sense of empathy reminds me of Bill Clinton telling us that he "feels our pain."

But I'd declare that this "Pleasure" gaffe, as opposed to Paradise, was just a slip of the tongue.

Last edited:
Oh c'mon. This appears to have actually been a simple "mispoke" moment. He could truthfully declare it this time.

I stopped giving him the benefit of the doubt months ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

misspeaking the name of a town is not a serious issue to get upset about.

He's what, 72 years old? What we expect him to learn he should have learned fifty years ago.

He doesn't think before he speaks.
He doesn't even think before he Tweets.
He lacks the ability to control his basic impulses.
He lacks a sense of diplomacy and decorum.
He lacks a sense of respect and reverence.

His entire elitist life has been spent getting away with anything and everything because he has always been surrounded by yes-men. This means that he never learned how to handle criticism or to appreciate self-inflection. This also means that he has spent the enormity of his entire life away from the average American experience. His idea of a hardship is having to write a simple check to make a problem go away or to frivolously declare bankruptcy with immediate forgiveness. He clearly lacks global experience and his approach to the world, in terms of diplomacy and policy, is to take the worst that Nixon, Carter, and Reagan offered and call it Trumpocracy. Of course, plenty of elitists grow up and embrace the meaning of maturity and professionalism. But Trump is an odd bird. We immediately saw this in 2017 when he shamelessly pushed his way past the NATO leader so that he could have the spotlight.

So, now he behaves like a spoiled brat who is just a victim of a meany world that doesn't care about his need to be self-centered. I think that he is genuinely shocked at the idea that his bad behavior has consequences in the real world. And this is why when criticism comes, he can declare that no other President in history has been treated so unfairly. He actually can't see how odd-ball he is. I mean, only a person like him could arbitrarily denigrate American POWs, refuse to visit a WWI cemetery due to rain along side other world leaders, and neglect Veterans Day so publicly and really think nothing of it until he faces criticism. And his shallow sense of empathy reminds me of Bill Clinton telling us that he "feels our pain."

But I'd declare that this "Pleasure" gaffe, as opposed to Paradise, was just a slip of the tongue.

See, I disagree. For many reasons.

One is, he was just there. Two is, he was there are POTUS, comforting the citizens of that town. Three, that town's name has been in the news repeatedly for weeks. Four, he repeated it a second time. How the hell can the President of the United States be offering aid and comfort to a town whose name he does not know?

See, I disagree. For many reasons.

One is, he was just there. Two is, he was there are POTUS, comforting the citizens of that town. Three, that town's name has been in the news repeatedly for weeks. Four, he repeated it a second time. How the hell can the President of the United States be offering aid and comfort to a town whose name he does not know?

Well, there's the contradiction, right? He's been exposed to the name for weeks and has certainly heard it enough times while there. Either he simply slipped, or he purposefully did it. But what would be the point in purposefully getting the name wrong?

I will declare this though: He seems more concerned with legitimizing his idiotic political comment that California is mismanaged and thus may not receive aid. He even arbitrarily relied on the President of Finland to back up his lie that they discussed proper raking.

Well, there's the contradiction, right? He's been exposed to the name for weeks and has certainly heard it enough times while there. Either he simply slipped, or he purposefully did it. But what would be the point in purposefully getting the name wrong?

I will declare this though: He seems more concerned with legitimizing his idiotic political comment that California is mismanaged and thus may not receive aid. He even arbitrarily relied on the President of Finland to back up his lie that they discussed proper raking.

I didn't say he purposefully got it wrong.

What happened here? Trump has no soul at all, and no heart. He didn't get the name right because it isn't important enough to him. And he showed it right here.

What happened here? Trump has no soul at all, and no heart. He didn't get the name right because it isn't important enough to him. And he showed it right here.

Dang you all are pulling out all the stops on this one.

I think the simpler explanation is the better one:

Trump's an idiot.

I would imagine quite alot during his last election considering the number of drone strikes and bombs he was unleashing in the middle east.

The 57 states comment was from his 2008 election campaign. How was he unleashing drone strikes in the ME when he was a Senator?

Trump was talking about an ongoing disaster which had killed dozens from that town. A bit more serious than saying 57 instead of 47.

Trump is human, unlike his critics who are inhumane.

Only to that thing Trump wears on his head. The thing that can't get wet.

Back
Top Bottom